Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Yes, we are under an intense attack at present. The server admins are working to patch the holes.

Please carry out the advice in the sticky in this forum, plus post #2 in this thread: don't use obviously weak software like IE, and update your PC's vulnerable software such as Java, Adobe PDF Reader, and Flash. Don't forget to run JavaRa, to remove old Java code and the Sun installer. It is best to uninstall Abobe PDF and use a better app such as PDF Exchange Viewer.

If you do not use Internet Explorer, and all your PC software is upgraded, it seems unlikely that you will be affected. Only a very few people are infected and almost certainly they do not comply with the above.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Just wanted to add that I had two computers become infected with "Windows Vista 2011 Security". I cleaned them both and updated everything. I use Firefox.

Since then, I've had 3 potential threats pop up while browsing this site, but haven't become infected again. Two of those potential threats popped up today. I didn't read the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread