Facebooker's Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Given our great accomplishment on reaching number one show suggestion, we have started a Facebook page to help get the Judges attention.

If you have a facebook login, please contribute to the discussion. Personal stories always welcome, as well as links/quotes to FDA errors/misstatements. Please keep the pressure up. This is another chance to shine the light on these blood suckers so maybe they will have to rethink their stance. (fingers crossed)

FACEBOOK LINK FDA VS ECIG

Also feel free to email the judge directly at FreedomWatch@foxbusiness.com

Suggest FDA vs ecig for subject line

Oh yeah for the Tweeters among us there is a FreedomWatch Twitter Link as well. IF you are a professional tweeter and have/make a better link for using Twitter to get our message out, feel free to post it.

Last edited:

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Passionate advocacy is always appreciated. Of course we need to use our indoor voices if we want to be heard. Save the outside voice for the picket line outside the court room or the FDA headquarters.

Can just see it now. A few hundred vapers handcuffed to each other (PV's in hand) having a vape in at their main office, wish we could get as many folks stirred up as Glenn Beck did. But getting the govt to pay attention to the little guy is like asking people walking down the street to not step on the cracks. They might when you first ask, but will quickly forget about it and find more important things to worry about.

P.S. Saw nothing wrong with your comment. Simple direct too the point, with a hint of flourish at the end. Not bad, every comment counts.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
I don't get passionate about much but this is something that I'd get militant over. For better or worse I think we may eventually need to raise a ruckus. I'm not talking burning tobacco fields but stuff like handing out pamphlets about fda approved poisons, holding up pictures of cancer infested lungs, stuff like that. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and we could stand to be squeakier without looking like loons.

We're preaching to the choir here but those with the ability should start hitting places like youtube with testimonial vids about how vaping saved their life and the like.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Yeah trying real hard to not join a militia group, mainly because all my cash is tied up in PV's at the moment. There are many skeletons in the FDA's closet to pull out for public display, problem is most people are more worried about the FDA making sure they can have their eggs over easy than us being able to vape.

Passion is our greatest tool and our greatest weakness. Just look at the number of viewers on the campaigning, etc threads. It's tough to stay active in the fight while continuing to explore the real world and the wonderful world of vaping. Get too riled up and you are out of gas when the real fight comes up. FDA will just wait till the fever pitch subsides and then strike when we think they are finally giving up. This day of action thread seems to be a good compromise to pull things up from the depths of ECF so people can see what actions they can take.

Even as active as I've tried to be pushing for an airing on Freedomwatch, I still have a lot of snail mail correspondence to gather up and send to my congressman. Still working on the perfect FOIA request to put with it. Something like getting the names of the idiots who put out the propaganda that the world is using to ban ecigs in a dozen or so countries (pending FDA action or based on FDA's findings). Basically want to make sure we have the names of the people who need to be fired at the FDA over this vindeta. Wonder what would happen if every congressman got a letter from even a handful of people clamoring for specific heads to roll.

But again it's all a matter of time and energy. They hold the high ground since they are using our tax dollars against us. They can fight us till they retire or actually go to work for BP instead of double dipping. Trying to pick my fights so to speak. Freedom Watch seemed an easy way to get started while I fumble around trying to get some action out of my congressman. This political BS can make you want to pull your hair out and if our grievance wasnt a perfect example of where our govt officials have lost their minds I dont think we'd even have a chance of getting action. But since this is just another example of overreach, a nice bright spotlight might just fry the blood suckers since everyone is on the chopping block in Nov. OF course someone's got to listen and be willing to take some action and we'll have to make sure we stay on top of them or they'll..............man I'm already getting tired.

Passion will prevail in the end, just a little too early to start reloading ammo to fight off the revenuers. At least we have one ray of hope, since they cant actually win on the merits in court, they are vulnerable to political pressure, just how to get that pressure is still up in the air. But since there is a NJ democrat senator pushing them to ban them, we might be able to interest a rep or two to push back just for grins (hopefully they'll see the logic of our plea, but at this point I'll consider the enemy of my enemy my bestest buddy)

The FDA's investigation is ongoing, and the agency is under pressure from public health advocates, including New Jersey Democrat Sen. Frank Lautenberg, to take electronic cigarettes off the market until they are proved to be safe.

Last edited:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Is there a like to click on. It would be nice so that it would show up on our pages. After all, is there anyone on earth who doesn't smoke or know someone that does? We might gain more support amoung the non-smokers/non-vapers if they were more aware of what was going on.

Since it is part of a discussion, about the only thing you can do is to post a link to that page, and put a statement of what it is about in your comments... and look for other groups on Facebook, too...

Here is one, but I had trouble posting the FB link:

CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Bump!

Ok I was a bit dramatic in my reply, but seriously this is a hot button issue! Reply copied below:

I was a smoker for nearly 10 years and occasionally used smokeless tobacco products (chew, snus, disolvables, etc.). For the last 3 of those years I tried everything I could find to quit smoking. Patches, gums, cold turkey, therapy, herbal supplements, etc. and NONE of it worked for longer than a month. I always went back to smoking. On June 3rd 2009 I bought my first electronic cigarette, and I am proud to say that I have not had a single cigarette since that day. In fact I have been completely tobacco free since that time. In the 1 year and 7 months since I quit tobacco and started using an electronic cigarette my lung function has improved over 30%, my senses of taste and smell have returned to what they were before I began smoking, and the occurrences of rapid and/or irregular heart beat have declined so much that I cannot recall the last time I had one. These used to occur once every two days at a minimum. I am happier and healthier than I have been in a decade! If this can happen for me, it can happen for anyone! How many premature deaths could be prevented? How many individuals' quality of life could be improved? Millions! If electronic cigarettes are banned or blocked from import then the body count from tobacco related deaths will continue to rise unchecked. The FDA's misinformation campaign against the electronic cigarette is absurd and, in my opinion, boarders on realm of them taking an active role in genocide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread