• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Facevape, will this really take off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockabsorber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
Montreal
So I joined Facevape. I have no idea why, as ECF generally fulfills my needs for any sort of community involvement. I just figured that I would give it a go. I haven't really had a chance to explore the platform yet, so I'm not sure what its capabilities are yet in terms of posting videos, or chatting and so forth. I'm just curious if this is going to take off or is it just going to be a feeble facebook type attempt, like so many who have come before. Check it out for yourself.
Facevape

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Facevape was created because Facebook has been shutting down certain pages related to vaping, more specifically pages that have ads for e-cig related products. Personally I don't think it will gain much traction outside of the Elixirtv crowd seeing as there are already so many well established forums, plus most of the pages that have been taken down on Facebook were vendor pages, the social pages are all still up and I don't think they'll be taken down.

Last edited:

Landlord

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
there are ca couple things like this already.. Coffee and a vape is another one.. there a re a couple that you have to be accepted at as well. Not a bad idea but how many different "forums" or "social networks" do you need designed around vaping? Sure it will help spread the word faster but it may open up more of the investigating aspects too.. More chances for bashers to get fuel for the fire.. ya know? idk im just saying it could be great, but at the same time could be bad..

shockabsorber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
Montreal
Facevape was created because Facebook has been shutting down certain pages related to vaping, more specifically pages that have ads for e-cig related products. Personally I don't think it will gain much traction outside of the Elixirtv crown seeing as there are already so many well established forums, plus most of the pages that have been taken down on Facebook were vendor pages, the social pages are all still up and I don't think they'll be taken down.
Ah, it makes sense now. I wasn't aware of the Facebook crackdown on vaping.

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
neither was I... I dont get it, you can post almost anything you want on Facebook. Now no vaping?

SORRY but your wrong about facebook you can not post anything you want on face book just post something anti obama and see if you dont get a nasty message from the FB police saying they will band you for 2 days 2nd time its 7 days 3rd time its 30days However I will NEVER VOTE OBAMA :evil:

Landlord

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
SORRY but your wrong about facebook you can not post anything you want on face book just post something anti obama and see if you dont get a nasty message from the FB police saying they will band you for 2 days 2nd time its 7 days 3rd time its 30days However I will NEVER VOTE OBAMA :evil:

well i did say almost anything.. I dont have a facebook account, My ol lady does and ive seen some crazy stuff posted.. LOL you a pro at getting banned..

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Just noting that they haven't been banned. Apps aren't removed, etc. Simple searches yield a wealth of apps and groups and people dedicated to the anti-o side.

I don't know what "anything anti-obama" means or how it's been considered a breach of TOS, don't really want to get too involved since it's a US thing and politics there are a circus. /shrug

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
I reluctantly have a facebook but hate it. I only check it about 1-2 times a year. I don't like people being all up in my business and facebook is a window into peoples business. It seems most people like others to know whats going on in their lives, but I am just the opposite.

Needless to say, I will most likely not have a Facevape.

Why didn't they call it Vapebook? It sounds better and is a better play off Facebook.

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
Just noting that they haven't been banned. Apps aren't removed, etc. Simple searches yield a wealth of apps and groups and people dedicated to the anti-o side.

I don't know what "anything anti-obama" means or how it's been considered a breach of TOS, don't really want to get too involved since it's a US thing and politics there are a circus. /shrug

after all being from canada you have your own circus to worry about as far as politics goes there none worth a damn IMO

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
after all being from canada you have your own circus to worry about as far as politics goes there none worth a damn IMO

My father always said, "The only problem with an election is....it's always a politician that wins."

I think this applies globally. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread