Fake cotton Bacon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikes1992

Apr 10, 2020
I bought some cotton bacon on ebay and the code isn't recognised. I wanted to get a second opinion though in case I've done something wrong.
IMG_20200422_082743.jpg IMG_20200422_082704.jpg IMG_20200422_075700.jpg
Screenshot_20200422_075722.jpg
I've sent the seller a request to return, I'm hoping they will just give me a refund with what's going on. Is this definitely fake? The website on the sticker is wicknvape.name (which doesn't work, although I never use websites supplied on authentication stickers). If this is fake I assume it isn't safe to use? I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable inhaling vapour from a product with an unidentifiable producer to be honest.

I'm not sure why ebay sellers even bother selling fake products that come with scratch codes.

Attachments

• IMG_20200422_075700.jpg
    IMG_20200422_075700.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 395
  • Creative
Reactions: Izan

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
eBay is bad about counterfeit cotton bacon. I had a few packs that were really bad (chemical flavor and poor wicking ability) and were also off of eBay. I tossed the stuff, since I wasn't sure what that chemical taste was. I switched to rayon and never looked back. $15 for the equivalent of 125+ packs of cotton bacon, and it works and tastes better than cotton too (personal opinion).

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Ebay has it’s uses for certain products. But given the vape industry is riddled with counterfeits, one should proceed with a high level of caution when purchasing vape products from Ebay. There have been a handful of reports here on ECF of users buying fake goods from Ebay – mostly batteries.

Doing a web search it seams WicknVape has made small changes to their packaging over time. But there are a few examples that demonstrate the differences between authentic and fakes. But that wicknvape.name address seems to me a clear indication you acquired a fake.

Hopefully the Ebay seller does good and returns you money without hassle – he/she may not even know their product is not authentic. But as mentioned, I would also contact WicknVape.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    everything on your package looks quit similar to mine which is supposedly authentic(bought at Fasttech),
    apart from that sticker;
    mine just have a QR code and below it an area where it's written "scratch me" and after scratching it; just a series of numbers,no site address.
    View attachment 881301
    Your scratch code sticker looks like mine but his is different.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I bought some cotton bacon on ebay and the code isn't recognised. I wanted to get a second opinion though in case I've done something wrong.
    View attachment 881279 View attachment 881281 View attachment 881283
    View attachment 881285
    I've sent the seller a request to return, I'm hoping they will just give me a refund with what's going on. Is this definitely fake? The website on the sticker is wicknvape.name (which doesn't work, although I never use websites supplied on authentication stickers). If this is fake I assume it isn't safe to use? I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable inhaling vapour from a product with an unidentifiable producer to be honest.

I'm not sure why ebay sellers even bother selling fake products that come with scratch codes.
    We are talking about $5.00 here, right? Use it or toss it.
    Don't buy from Ebay.

Sorted
    I

Mikes1992

Apr 10, 2020
    I got a prepaid postage label from ebay and have sent it back. Hopefully it doesn't matter that I wrote "Fake" in permanent marker on the front.

Most of the eBay sellers I've got fake stuff from in the past have refunded me and just told me to keep or throw away the package. Although I did get a fake 25r and I told the seller it never arrived, because technically its illegal to post lithium batteries in the UK so I may have had issues with fulfilling ebays return refund policy.

Last edited:

Mikes1992

Apr 10, 2020
    eBay is bad about counterfeit cotton bacon. I had a few packs that were really bad (chemical flavor and poor wicking ability) and were also off of eBay. I tossed the stuff, since I wasn't sure what that chemical taste was. I switched to rayon and never looked back. $15 for the equivalent of 125+ packs of cotton bacon, and it works and tastes better than cotton too (personal opinion).

I did just see the post about rayon on these forums, it definite seems like something I will try in the future.

Mikes1992

Apr 10, 2020
    I'm actually quite worried now, I got a RBA so I didnt run out of coils (I assume 5m of kanthal is plenty, considering the calculator I used estimated ~7.5cm of wire per coil for a dual coil build, so maybe 10-15cm when you factor in cut off waste) while this is all going on. It seems this last week our postal system is grinding to a halt and I'm not really sure if I'm actually going to get anything delivered now. I have ordered more cotton but I don't have a clue when it's coming and I'm still waiting on the wire which is nearly a week late now.

I already have over a years worth of DIY eliquid stuff, I've always made that myself, considering you pay ~£6 for a 60ml bottle that costs 90p to make. The same Is probably true for coils to be honest, you pay ~£3 each and they cost about 50p to make although coils cost less compared to the cost of eliquid because a coil lasts much longer then a 60ml bottle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread