The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Falcon M1 coil issues?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Kingrex00, Dec 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kingrex00

Kingrex00 Full Member

Dec 14, 2018
    hey I’ve been using the falcon M1 however I find the coils are only lasting 1 or 2 days max, I use high vg juice but I’m not sure what the issue is, has anybody else experienced this? Thanks

2. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The VG content shouldn’t affect coil life unless it’s causing burning by not saturating the wick. How long are you presoaking new coils?

A more common cause of fast dying coils is gunky juice. Very sweet or dark juices, especially NETs, can cause carbon buildup very quickly

3. Kingrex00

Kingrex00 Full Member

Dec 14, 2018
    I presoak my coils for about 40 minutes before using it. My juices are pretty sweet they’re all fruity juices so that might be the issue?

4. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Possibly. Fruits generally aren’t too bad. Depends on how much sweetener is in them of course. 40min should be plenty.
    I suppose that if you’re chain vaping you could possibly vape faster than the flow ability of the coil. Just spitballing here though. It doesn’t strike me as particularly likely

5. Kingrex00

Kingrex00 Full Member

Dec 14, 2018
    I make sure to wait at least 5 seconds in between puffs, probably less than 100 a day I’m just not sure what it is

6. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Moved On

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    Welcome to the forum!
    What wattage do you vape at?

7. Kingrex00

Kingrex00 Full Member

Dec 14, 2018
    Thanks! I’m always at 70W

8. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    • factory made coils can suffer from variable quality
    • juice viscosity and some flavoring components can gunk coils faster
    • if the combination of airflow and power is not matched to the coil or vaping style gunking can occur
    • how hard and for how long you draw on the atomizer can affect a coils longevity, this may vary over time without realizing it.

9. Kingrex00

Kingrex00 Full Member

Dec 14, 2018
    Thank you all for your help, I decided to stop with the falcon and moved onto the geekvape Zeus dual RTA, starting to build my own coils

10. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
  11. Mr. Relentless

Mr. Relentless Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2017
    Sometimes you get a bad pack of coils.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kingrex00

Kingrex00 Full Member

Dec 14, 2018
    Thank you those links were helpful! I was just able to wick the Zeus rta by myself and it’s running great so far!

I know I thought the same thing, but this happened for about 9 coils altogether from 3 different stores

13. Mr. Relentless

Mr. Relentless Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2017
    What mod are you using. If resistence is locked on the wrong ohms it could burn threw your coils

14. Kingrex00

Kingrex00 Full Member

Dec 14, 2018
    I’m using the voopoo drag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.