Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I am constantly seeing vapers in the wild, as I work at a bar in an area where vaping has really blown up, and as I am pretty enthusiastic about vaping, I am always striking up a conversation, comparing PV's, discussing tanks, juices, etc. vaping has spread like wildfire among the staff, at least five of my coworkers have picked it up, so I think nothing of whipping out my PV to show people. I have discovered that while most folks will happily chat about it, some people are just not interested in bonding over vaping. Fine, no big deal, I just smile, put away my PV and go on to mix their drink, get their food, whatever. The vast majority have eGo setups, and most of the unenthused seem to be of this breed, but tonight a couple came in, him with a fairly large tube mod and her with a decorated pink ego with a dangly bit of glittery whatever and a cartotank. I ask him what he's vaping on. He tells me it's his knockabout Lavatube, his nice unit is at home. I show him my SID and tell him I just got it, have an MVP at home. He rolls his eyes, looks me up and down and says, "Dude, seriously....just get a Provari." :facepalm:

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
. . . vaping is a great conversation starter.

You couldn't be more right! My sis is in an Alzheimer's facility and one nurse and one aide have been vaping. Today, they were returning from break with a nursing supervisor I had never seen before. She vapes, her husband vapes, and the ice has been broken. I don't think it hurts my sister's care at all to be on good terms with staff and supervisors.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The first thing that crossed my mind was to try and figure out his ECF handle, cause you KNOW he's on here somewhere, flaming noobs and spreading fanboi all over the place.

I was just wondering if he's here and if he'll actually 'fess up.

Or, is there anywhere else besides ECF that breeds Vari fanbois?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
You couldn't be more right! My sis is in an Alzheimer's facility and one nurse and one aide have been vaping. Today, they were returning from break with a nursing supervisor I had never seen before. She vapes, her husband vapes, and the ice has been broken. I don't think it hurts my sister's care at all to be on good terms with staff and supervisors.

It's wonderful how vaping tends to bring people together. Most times anyway. Between the excitement of being able to finally quit smoking and all the wonderful flavors and shiny, there's so much to share!

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Ummm... did anything "untoward" happen to his drink?

:evil: I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself! LOL no, I'm not that vindictive, I just got a good laugh out of it. Although I wouldn't be disappointed if the girl came back in on her own. Why is it always guys like that who end up with the hot women?

BostonJim

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Las Vegas
:evil: I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself! LOL no, I'm not that vindictive, I just got a good laugh out of it. Although I wouldn't be disappointed if the girl came back in on her own. Why is it always guys like that who end up with the hot women?

Either A) With an attitude like that, she won't be with him for long. or

B) If she is with a guy like that, you wouldn't want to be around her for long. But the short term could be fun.

Frankenmizer

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Dimension V
..I own a ProVari and..well, blargh!

img.php

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
:evil: I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself! LOL no, I'm not that vindictive, I just got a good laugh out of it.

Yeah. Sure. I used to work in a bar too. :D

Although I wouldn't be disappointed if the girl came back in on her own. Why is it always guys like that who end up with the hot women?

Could still happen. Perhaps his Prothingy is a mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread