FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Electronic Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
I find the throat hit more of a draw than the buzz from nicotine. still at about 20mg, but I have a DID genesis atomizer from E-vape.gr and the throat hit is very versatile with different resistance coils and a VV mod. Although I got a V1 lavatube recently and my ego battery powers my 32g kanthal 5 wrap coil better due to the 2-2.5 amp limit on the lavatube. Spent many $$ on Chinese clearomizers and cartos, not any more ! saving for my next Genesis :rickroll:

KristinaH

Sep 5, 2012
California
Hi everyone! Been browsing the forum for a while and finally made a account. Been vamping since feb. and it's been a lot of trial and. Error but think I finally found set up with smokeless image and ahlusion liquid! Anyways was wondering if anyone has experienced headaches from camping too much.. Or just wondering if it's a coincidence on my part. Thanks!

weisner

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA
Hi everyone! Been browsing the forum for a while and finally made a account. Been vamping since feb. and it's been a lot of trial and. Error but think I finally found set up with smokeless image and ahlusion liquid! Anyways was wondering if anyone has experienced headaches from camping too much.. Or just wondering if it's a coincidence on my part. Thanks!

If by camping you meant vaping. Yes, you can give yourself a very serious headache. Nicotine overdose; lower your Nicotine level and drink more water.

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
I am experiencing some minor headache issues as well. I have to keep reminding myself to slow down. The availability of great flavors combined with the diminished harm versus analogs, is causing an increase in my daily nicotine. I am currently using 12mg juice but I think I will drop to 6mg next time I order.

HARRIBULL

Sep 20, 2012
Georgia
I want the safest nicotine delivery system I can devise.
As a result I will not use resistance wire containing aluminum due to the associated health risk or tin the leads on the resistance wire with solder. Only you can decide for yourself what risk you feel comfortable with. Kanthal resistance wire is a risk in my opinion due to the alloys aluminum content and the known dangers aluminum introduces to the body and vapor forms of aluminum by pass the renal system entirely as it is introduced directly into the lungs which could possibly result in long term toxic exposure especially in people with kidney problems.

Kanthal is an alloy composed mainly of Iron, Chromium and Aluminum. The main difference between the composition of the different grades of Kanthal is the percentage of Aluminum.

Kanthal A-1 has 5.8% Aluminum
Kanthal A has 5.3% Aluminum
Kanthal D has 4.8% Aluminum

Tanks will not be polycarbonate (#7 plastic) due to the possibility it may contain PBA (Bisphenol A) which can leach into the e-liquid.

I do not wish to vaporize aluminum contained in some types of resistance wire, solder, solder rosin or PBA so am doubtful I will order any supplies from questionable sources such as China.

I suggest as is shown in many of the how too videos that all mesh be pre heated and quenched in water at least 3 times and all resistance wire be preheated till it glows prior to creating a coil for your personal vapor device. But not for the reasons stated in the video... which are good enough reasons if not critical for some methods. The reason I will always pre heat all mesh after rolling and resistance wire before creating a coil is to remove manufacturing contaminate residues from the material before it ever comes in contact with my e-juice or produces vapor for my soon to be former smokers lungs.

Since I am trying to leave the cancer sticks behind I do not want to introduce unnecessary long term health risk into my life un knowingly.

Scoff if you may.... every one thought DDT was a grand herbicide, radium dial watches were neat, doctors recommended smoking for good health and every week there is a new class action lawsuit for the victims of some recently over proscribed wonder drug the long term effects of were never discovered during clinical trials.

If I am going to vape.... and I am, I would like to minimize the long term surprises if possible.

Axeion

Sep 20, 2012
Lacey, WA
I'm not sure that vapping is going to be for you as you are looking for the safest way and that would be just don't. There are always going to be some unhealthy risk in anything you do. I mean think about it do you use your cell phone, pump your own gas, use makeup, drink coke, take supplements, anything g and everything has some unhealthy properties my advice to you is just don't if your so concerned.

• Agree
Reactions: Kets40

HARRIBULL

Sep 20, 2012
Georgia
I'm not sure that vapping is going to be for you as you are looking for the safest way and that would be just don't. There are always going to be some unhealthy risk in anything you do. I mean think about it do you use your cell phone, pump your own gas, use makeup, drink coke, take supplements, anything g and everything has some unhealthy properties my advice to you is just don't if your so concerned.

Richard,
I already vape just been a lurker here, the reason for my post was that I have seen people recommending products with out understanding the risk not only to themselves in using the product but to the people they recommend the products to.

Using just the Kanthal wire as an example, I am not saying don't vape I am saying nichrome is safe and Kanthal isn't. There is a voluminous amount of data to support the dangers of aluminum toxicity especially when inhaled to warrant sharing the information with the vaping community.

Remember we are adopting resistance wire types that were developed for things like hair dryers, space heaters and, foam cutting tools to name a few. When marketed no one envisioned our co-opting it into a vapor inhalation device.

I have learned a lot on these forums most of it very very good information... some though give me pause, I wanted to make people aware so they would do their own research to make an informed decision about which products to select for their vaping needs. I think everyone here that post a guide or makes a recommendation based on their personal experience using the products they vape with is truly doing their level best to help their fellow vapers.

This is an unregulated fledgling industry that I for one would like to see free of potential regulations which will result in increased supplier cost to be passed on to the end user to maintain profitability. For that to happen we will have to educate our selves and police the industry so the government never has grounds to step in.

Retailers are selling to meet demand, the online retailers are very small web businesses by and large with, little to no risk assessment to speak of, R & D departments, legal team or, medical research teams doing clinical trials of their products before they come to market. Job shop production runs of limited quantity vape mods that are introduced reviewed and then out of stock because the vendor can not keep up with the demand is not the same as a major corporations that bring products to market. If "XYZ Acmie Vapor" starts selling something like Kanthel wire, it becomes popular and there is a market for it... The other vendors are going to order the same item from a distributor and sell at a comparable price point to gain market share for their business too. Do they know to ask is this dangerous, as a product becomes pervasive the law of supply and demand kick in. In a bid to be a full service vendor they are going to stock what people want.

February 2012 Recalls and Product Safety News

If we don't ask the question, our industry can easily miss step

I am not affiliated with any wire manufacturer, I think many are making both types of wire to meet different market segment demands so my observations are not motivated by money or personal fear. Vaping may be one of the least dangerous recreational pursuits in my life. I could provide a Darwinian list that would illicit a plethora of reactions here from humor, knowing head-shakes, all the way to noo he didn't do that.... really lol.

Thanks for the feed back :vapor:

Your mileage may vary...
I'm harribull and I approved this message :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread