• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

urby2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Surprise, AZ
You knew that was too good to last....

After the battery fiasco, I'm not surprised. Actually, I was just about over it anyway. I got my Ithaka Clone last week just before the holiday shutdown, and I think that might be the last thing I want from them.

I actually DID receive an order of JUST batteries this week, although took a month to get through customs. Unfortunately, a month is a very long time and by the time I got the trustfires... I had to send them back because I was already into sub-ohm builds.

Forgot about the Holiday too!

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
It did indeed come, well I had to pick it up. Customs looked through it all, and even though they didn't reject anything they did charge me a 43 dollar customs and duties fee :-\ at least it's finally here though.

I actually think fasttechs label probably flagged it for customs, it's a very big and heavy package. They put 15 dollars as the declared value, I wouldn't have believed it either lol.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 4

It's a good idea to split large orders up into several smaller ones, I think the limit for duties in the US is about $200 although that is the value that Customs put on the package which probably equates to about $100 worth of FT prices.

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was wanting to place an order here and get some RBA's but... is this problem still going on? Don't want to wait a month for my stuff or have it never even come... never really ordered stuff from China due to this worry but the prices are pretty good.
I think things are getting back to normal now, if there is such a thing. The real issue has been batteries. Maybe juice too. As long as you aren't buying these right now, should be good to go. Even if you do buy batts , juice, just place them in a separate order and wait. The prices make it worth it to me. Orders I've placed recently are taking 10 to 15 days.

The RDA's here are probably the best item on FT. They're cheap (price), and good quality for the most part. Be prepared to "tinker" a little though. I just got a V5 (4 hole), and a V6 yesterday, and I really like them a lot. Once they are setup, they are just as good if not better than anything I've tried. Just read the reviews of the ones your interested in. Lots of good info there. Of course, its possible to get a "lemon" any where. FT has been good to me for customer service, but I only had one issue with them. Even then, they took good care of me. Just a 4 dollar case. They sent me a new one, and I didn't even have to return the old one

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Seriously, anyone who has concerns about getting goods quickly should not not be importing things from 10,000 miles away. Pay the premium and buy from near your homes to ensure your peace of mind.
Yeah, what Ref said too:2cool:. Its worth the wait to me

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
This entire last months fiasco was created NOT by fasttech!...it was created by HK Customs who suddenly decided to Xray EVERY package brought to them by HK Postal instead of the usual 10%..so then fasttech thought maybe if shipping by China Postal would be quicker which didn't work out..so now they recommend Singapore Post for shipping...but FT, gets your order out in 2-3 days usually and to a shipper carrier who then MUST go thru customs someplace in China and then again in the US....put the blame on customs and on the shipping carrier for delays in what use to be 10 days delivery to your door from date of orders..

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
most of my orders arrive in about 16-18 days...the last 2 were caught in the postal/holiday issues. They should arrive at 26 and 31 days. Yes it is not instant gratification BUT the prices are 1/4 or less the local B&M prices so I will continue to order from them
IE EGO-VV 1100mAh Rechargeable Variable Voltage Batteries w/ 0.55" LCD 2 pk FT price $17.88 shipped 2 from local B&M $64 + tax
Variable Voltage USB Passthrough Battery for E-Cigarette FT $5.50 shipped exact same unit from local B&M on sale for $19.99 + tax(down from $29.99)
For most things I can wait for the slow boat from china, however I do always buy my kanger coils and mod batts at the local B&M and an occasional protank, evod or interesting new driptip/topper/simple juice ect from them as a convenience and to keep them in business for newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread