• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
I don't know what's going on with ordering from fasttech, but we made a purchase in the ballpark of $350 on August 5th, it was scanned at Chicago ISC on August 16th, and there it still sits on September 28th.

Calling USPS garners no info, last lady in the international department said the seller has to initiate an inquiry. fasttech hasn't responded to 2 emails yet.. Anyone got any ideas on what we can do?

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 4

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I ordered three sets of 14500 batteries (two in a set, plastic case, six batts total) on the 23rd from FT. It was "accepted" on the 26th, and "processed through sort facility" on the 28th (today). I don't know if will come by plane or slow boat, but it is on the way to the USA.

I also received an order of 5 30 ml bottles of juice a few days ago. I'm not buying the "customs crack down" theory, or at least not for now.

What I do believe is (what has been stated here already) due to recent events, and safety concerns, HK post has slowed down.

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
I ordered three sets of 14500 batteries (two in a set, plastic case, six batts total) on the 23rd from FT. It was "accepted" on the 26th, and "processed through sort facility" on the 28th (today). I don't know if will come by plane or slow boat, but it is on the way to the USA.

I also received an order of 5 30 ml bottles of juice a few days ago. I'm not buying the "customs crack down" theory, or at least not for now.

What I do believe is (what has been stated here already) due to recent events, and safety concerns, HK post has slowed down.

I received a few smaller orders from them as well, sub-hundred dollar orders and one for $130 and change without issues. Difference between those orders and my larger order that's been sitting in Chicago for a month and a half is that the larger order contained some 40 bottles of juice. It also contains some batteries, ego kits, evod/protank heads and some other stuff.

The fact that it has been so long and no one seems to be able to tell me anything leads me to believe that something is indeed wrong.

Edit: all these orders were made within weeks of one another. Thank god because if they had all been ordered together we may have had taken a total loss. I don't even know who to contact at this point.

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I received a few smaller orders from them as well, sub-hundred dollar orders and one for $130 and change without issues. Difference between those orders and my larger order that's been sitting in Chicago for a month and a half is that the larger order contained some 40 bottles of juice. It also contains some batteries, ego kits, evod/protank heads and some other stuff.

The fact that it has been so long and no one seems to be able to tell me anything leads me to believe that something is indeed wrong.

Edit: all these orders were made within weeks of one another. Thank god because if they had all been ordered together we may have had taken a total loss. I don't even know who to contact at this point.
Well, that IS strange. I have had items ordered from FT slowed down through customs in San Fran. It took several days on a couple of them. It was like those orders would "process" then "depart" as many as three times on one, but it eventually got here. Hopefully your order will start moving again soon, or maybe show up before the tracking catches up. I've had that happen too.

That is way too long though. I don't really know what the next step would be. Maybe someone else here can help us on this one.

Last edited:

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland

I'm not positive about this, but if you are the addressee I think you can contact customs at the place it's hung up at and maybe get some info. I also think this is why people like to use FedEx or such, because they act as an agent on your behalf.

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
I'm not positive about this, but if you are the addressee I think you can contact customs at the place it's hung up at and maybe get some info. I also think this is why people like to use FedEx or such, because they act as an agent on your behalf.

Well, after reading what you said I actually started googling and got some numbers for 'higher ups' at the Chicago isc facility. The issue was indeed looked into and my package found. Apparently it was sent to customs from the Chicago facility (I thought the Chicago sorting facility actually was customs, or acted as such, as well as an international sorting center).

I'm guessing someone called someone lol, the tracking now shows the package in my hometown as of an hour ago, we'll have it tomorrow yay. I'm kinda interested in seeing if customs took anything out of the package when they inspected it. I'll update when it gets here tomorrow.

Manny

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
It's my understanding that it's "perfume " products and loose batteries. Ego type batteries don't apply just the ones that look like double A batteries. As for the perfume type products I assume it's also because they consider them flammable. To my knowledge those are the only 2 products that are in question and it only applies to AIR mail. Sea Shipments can still handle them you just have to wait longer.

I think eventually all of those products will be shipped by Sea Mail instead of AIR mail. FastTech is/was trying to bypass customs by shipping these items AIR mail because it is faster. It's kind of similar to the 1 ounce of liquid BS on passenger planes. Also all Li-Ion batteries need to be in carry on and not in sto-away on passenger flights. I think it's same concept just applied to commercial delivery as well.

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, after reading what you said I actually started googling and got some numbers for 'higher ups' at the Chicago isc facility. The issue was indeed looked into and my package found. Apparently it was sent to customs from the Chicago facility (I thought the Chicago sorting facility actually was customs, or acted as such, as well as an international sorting center).

I'm guessing someone called someone lol, the tracking now shows the package in my hometown as of an hour ago, we'll have it tomorrow yay. I'm kinda interested in seeing if customs took anything out of the package when they inspected it. I'll update when it gets here tomorrow.

Manny

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
Wow! Thats good to know! and quick :). I guess I learned something here. I hope everything is in order, but I have a feeling it will be. Good call JD4x4!

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
It did indeed come, well I had to pick it up. Customs looked through it all, and even though they didn't reject anything they did charge me a 43 dollar customs and duties fee :-\ at least it's finally here though.

I actually think fasttechs label probably flagged it for customs, it's a very big and heavy package. They put 15 dollars as the declared value, I wouldn't have believed it either lol.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I think you're misunderstanding FastTech's reply. It's the port in Hong Kong that's gumming up the works with 100% x-ray requirements on all packages. This is something that was legislated in Hong Kong a couple of years ago, but is just now being put into place.

^^^ this for a bump ..

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It did indeed come, well I had to pick it up. Customs looked through it all, and even though they didn't reject anything they did charge me a 43 dollar customs and duties fee :-\ at least it's finally here though.

I actually think fasttechs label probably flagged it for customs, it's a very big and heavy package. They put 15 dollars as the declared value, I wouldn't have believed it either lol.

Well I'm glad It got to you and everything was there. I don't see how it's fair of them to charge fees like that. Maybe you should send them a bill for "fondling" your stuff, or at the very least "rent" :). So glad it worked out for you!

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hong Kong is not a Country. Everyone is putting the blame on Hong Kong. Hong Kong is a city in China and the hub for international air shipping. Blame FastTech for poor packaging not Hong Kong or US customs.
Yeah, I have to agree. It seems that FastTech just didn't/doesn't know the ins and outs of packing certain items correctly, but I'm sure they will learn. :). I'm not slamming them, we all make mistakes. Seems like the lessons I've learned the hard way, I remember the best.

I will say, that for some situations, things get a little out of hand or not handled appropriately. The package that Chiwen waited on so long is an example. The recipient should not be "punished" for someone else's mistake. They made a purchase in good faith. The sender may have had fault in this, but clearly customs dropped the ball. Someone should have notified the recipient (Chiwen) long before it went that far

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hong Kong is not a Country. Everyone is putting the blame on Hong Kong. Hong Kong is a city in China and the hub for international air shipping. Blame FastTech for poor packaging not Hong Kong or US customs.

It's being x-rayed .. are they supposed to pack it in a lead box .. ??

Strongbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Corona, California, United States
You knew that was too good to last....

After the battery fiasco, I'm not surprised. Actually, I was just about over it anyway. I got my Ithaka Clone last week just before the holiday shutdown, and I think that might be the last thing I want from them.

I actually DID receive an order of JUST batteries this week, although took a month to get through customs. Unfortunately, a month is a very long time and by the time I got the trustfires... I had to send them back because I was already into sub-ohm builds.

urby2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Surprise, AZ
This is from China?, the fine folks that brought us bath salts (synthetic ....). Un flipping believable. Don't know if that's what it's all about unless directed at Fasttech specifically. I ordered a bunch of batteries about a month ago and still waiting. All were in stock and showed acceptance for 3+ weeks before showing package preparation. This was for batteries ONLY. All our batteries in the states come from China. Possibly the last hurricane slowing things down or Vapor Joe helped to inundate FT with a whole new wave of customers that they are having trouble processing. Either way FT sucks these days so unless you want to buy yourself a Christmas present I'd suggest going elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread