Fasttech Vamo board battery drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

acka

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Sorry to start a new thread, but has anyone had serious battery drain on a mod using the FT Vamo in standby/off?

I'm still waiting for some Sony batteries to arrive so I'm using my efests but in my mech they don't drop at all. In my box however they go from 4.2 to 4 mighty quick and then drop .1 every 6/8 hours. I think/fear it might be getting worse as well.

I'm really inexperienced/incompetent at this so thought it could possibly be

1) the onboard charger 2) the fact I didn't solder the neg output and instead used the insulator to clamp it to the outer 510 3) my battery connectors or 4) the board

but I don't know at all.

Otherwise everything is fine. Any advice? Thanks

acka

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks Johnny. I'm thinking it might be the charging board tbh. The drain completely stops when the batt hits 3.7 maybe 3.6v anyway I see now so no fear of dead battery I think/hope.

The charger is set to 1A and it chargers super quick, quicker than my intellicharger does, but I'm thinking this means it won't hold the charge as well then? Either way, it works so it's staying!

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I read on the FastTech forums regarding someone that picked up 2 of those chips and one had this issue of discharge. He said that the one had a 40 milliamp current draw while the other had less than one milliamp on standby. So this issue is not unheard of.

http://www.fasttech.com/forums/1652300/t/1301809/battery-drain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread