Favorite Burger Joints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twiggy1995

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2020
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Thought this might be fun, and I don't see a thread like this on forums often.

What are your favorite Burger Joints, can you put your top 3 in order?

For me it's:

1. Wendy's
2. Burger King
3. McDonald's (I don't go there often, but there's something classic about a Double Big Mac and Fries, and the Chicken McNuggets are good at times)

Here's what I had from Burger King today;

- Large Fires

- Chocolate Milk Shake with Whipped Cream

- Roadhouse King Burger

- Steakhouse King Burger (Double)! (Must be new, didn't see it on the menu last time).

121240442_10218900560809208_3371948499573628208_o.jpg

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I am a home cooked meal every night since birth guy and so... When I go to one of the "ARTISAN" burger joints that everyone raves about, I am always a little disappointed. With the first bite I'm always like "Umm this is just a home cooked ground beef burger? I could have made this at home for $1.75..." My friends and people in general are so completely immersed in the eat-out lifestyle that, to them home cooked burgers are luxury.

To me, if I'm going out to eat, I want something soaked in oil and mayonnaise with cheese corners melting down the side, something huge too. I have "inherited" high cholesterol even though I'm a stick, so, I use 80% lean ground beef at home. McDonnalds isn't a favorite only because... eh, their burgers don't fill me up and they taste proprietarily cheap somehow. But I will WOOF down a burgerking double quarter pounder with bacon SO happily. I also really like hardees/jack-in-the-box, and Wendys. Like I said, I hate joints that taste home cooked. 5 guys burgers and fries for example. Or like, steak n shake in the south... MEH. I can make it at home.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Some days I get an irresistible craving for a Whopper and fries, other times I crave a big mac or a Wendie's Dave's Junior deluxe. Sadly, I haven't been able to eat any such things for about eight years now...every single meal I eat is cooked at home since being diagnosed with Celiac disease. Gluten is everywhere :(

• Love
Reactions: Twiggy1995

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Cooper and Oak, Danville, KY have the best burgers I have ever eaten. If you are there, it is a treat. Everything is locally grown; they make their own bread and buns and the beef is raised locally. (Gluten-free is available, @ENAUD)

As a side benefit, they have a great selection of Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey and some foreign whiskeys that are rumored to be decent, like Jack Daniels.
:thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread