Favorite Cartomizer Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post, so please forgive me if I misuse some of the lingo; you guys use a lot of contractions and truncations.

I currently have an 808 starter pack from Smokeless Image on the way, which I chose based on advice I read on this forum. I tried an ecig (a South Beach Smoke borrowed from a friend) for the first time last week while on a plane to Boston and ended up using it all day. I think this may be what I need to quit smoking: ecigs and the support of a community like this.

I have read enough of this forum to understand that I will probably end up with a completely different setup in a month or two, but for now I'd like to know what cartomizer flavors you guys would recommend - both for the taste and the quality of the design - for my Volt.

I see there are other pages dedicated to e cigarette liquid flavors, but I don't see any specifically for disposable cartomizers, and for right now that is what I am looking for. I am particularly interested in preferred brands of common flavors, e.g. do you like V2's coffee flavor or Volt's cappuccino better, and who makes the better Virginia tobacco blend, Vapor 4 Life or Bloog?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. The size of the carto market is a little overwhelming.

I guess I'll have to start this discussion. My kit arrived yesterday from Smokeless Image and I have already tried a few of the flavors.

The cappuccino was disappointing; the flavor was weak and what I could detect was too milky, and too light on the espresso. They would have been better off going after a true coffee taste. I had high hopes for this flavor, and SI let me down.

Their 555 flavor, on the other hand, was excellent, well rounded, and smooth. It even had a hint of the coffee flavor I missed from the cappuccino. Just enough strength without becoming overpowering, 555 is just what I needed to get over my cigarette withdrawals.

This morning I tried their mint flavor, and it is my favorite of the three. It is the only mint I have seen from anyone that isn't a menthol, and I appreciate SI's efforts. Rather than the heavy, bitter chill many menthol cigarettes apply, this flavor is sweet and mildly spicy, a good combination of spearmint and peppermint. I don't think I would want it as a regular flavor, but as a now and then vape I think it fits pleasantly.

So, what have you tried and what do you think?

On a separate note, does anyone know why my Volt cartomizers don't fit my friend's South Beach Smoke battery? I thought they were both KR808D-1s, and should therefore fit, but the threads appear to be of different sizes. What am I missing here?

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I guess I'll have to start this discussion. My kit arrived yesterday from Smokeless Image and I have already tried a few of the flavors.

The cappuccino was disappointing; the flavor was weak and what I could detect was too milky, and too light on the espresso. They would have been better off going after a true coffee taste. I had high hopes for this flavor, and SI let me down.

Their 555 flavor, on the other hand, was excellent, well rounded, and smooth. It even had a hint of the coffee flavor I missed from the cappuccino. Just enough strength without becoming overpowering, 555 is just what I needed to get over my cigarette withdrawals.

This morning I tried their mint flavor, and it is my favorite of the three. It is the only mint I have seen from anyone that isn't a menthol, and I appreciate SI's efforts. Rather than the heavy, bitter chill many menthol cigarettes apply, this flavor is sweet and mildly spicy, a good combination of spearmint and peppermint. I don't think I would want it as a regular flavor, but as a now and then vape I think it fits pleasantly.

So, what have you tried and what do you think?

On a separate note, does anyone know why my Volt cartomizers don't fit my friend's South Beach Smoke battery? I thought they were both KR808D-1s, and should therefore fit, but the threads appear to be of different sizes. What am I missing here?
For a true coffee taste with a kick, try White Cloud cartomizers. Electronic Cigarettes | Electronic Cigarette | White Cloud The espresso is all I use. After 4 1/2 years of sampling every cartomizer out there, I feel very confident that you will appreciate not only the taste but also the value. A WC cartomizer truly does last all day. You can pick from a wide range of flavors and strengths. I use the XXStrength Espresso, but some find that too strong. Coffee is the only flavor I vape, and this one has it all. Your Volt cartomizer will not fit the South Beach cig because they are two slightly different models. The Volt is a KR808 D-1, and the South Beach is a KR808D-2, so the threads are slightly different. GreenSmoke is also a D-2 model. Both the SB and the GS are also called E-9. Personally, I think the E-9 is generally a better battery, but they never quite caught on as much as the D-1. You can get an adapter so that you can interchange the two batteries, and that can be helpful since there is a shortage of places selling the D-2, so the options are more limited. E-Cig Universal Adapters | V2 Cigs

I have placed an order for White Cloud's espresso and zero k flavors, both in double extra strength. I look forward to trying these new flavors, and the idea of having enough nicotine to kill a non-smoker sounds nice (I've read that double extra is 54mg, and OD50 for nicotine is 60mg). There are about forty addictive substances in cigarette smoke besides nicotine, and I miss about forty of them now. I hear that will pass in a few weeks, and in the mean time upping the nicotine dose should help.

I have tried all of Volt's flavors now and can tell you that mint and cherry are both well mixed flavors. The mint tastes just like doublemint gum, and the cherry has the strong flavor of black cherries with an aftertaste of maraschino. Both are highly recommended.

The freedom and 555 are my favorites of the tobacco flavors, but I am now liking the tobacco flavors less. I guess once you can get nicotine from something that tastes like anything you want, you want tobacco less. I would still like to try a vape that tastes like a good Cavendish pipe tobacco blend. If anyone knows of one, I'd like to hear about it.

Also of note are the chocolate and vanilla flavors. The vanilla is perfect; it tastes exactly like vanilla should. The chocolate is misleading because it doesn't taste at all like real chocolate, but more like the aftertaste of hot cocoa. It's a nice flavor, but not what I was expecting.

If there is anyone looking to try vaping reading this, I recommend the volt starter kit highly; it provides a much thicker vapor cloud than anything else I have tried and very closely approximates the feel of a cigarette. Try the mint flavor first. I stated earlier that I wouldn't want it all the time, but I was clearly wrong.

Hello Oavio! I too am a newbie, but glad I'm completely smoke free for a little over a week now! Are you only looking only for pre-filled cartomizers? Halo Cigs have a few pre-filled cartomizers and I have tried some of them. Malibu is a nice pina colada type with a little methol twist in it that I like. I've tried the Menthol Ice and I like it as well...it's what I'm vaping right now. It's menthol, but it's got something else to it that I haven't quite figured out yet, but still like. The HX3 I've tried a little of. Not quite a fan of it yet, but I'm having too much fun with their other flavors at the moment. If you're not opposed to getting a few blank cartomizers and a sampler pack, this would be a better way to try their selection. Prices are reasonable and the cartomizers from Halo should fit your SI Volt from what I've read. My current favorites are the Kringle's Curse, Sub Zero and Malibu. I have an order in for their "Gourmet Sampler" that has a few more flavors.

Did you just pick up cartomizers of the single flavors or the sampler packs that they have? I was curious about their Cherry flavor and your post answered my question about the chocolate :).

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
My favorite cartomizer flavor is blank and fill them myself.

For KR808D-1 thread cartos... Physically I like Bloog's cartos. They hold more liquid than V4L's cartos and the stuffing absorbs liquid more quickly. I have not tried Smokeless Image (Volt) cartos. I have tried some random KR8 cartos that were not slotted across the center connector of the carto and those gave a crappy draw. I use manual batteries only for the best drag - both the V4L single logo batteries and Volt batteries.

When I started I used prefilled cartomizers, especially samplers, to try different flavors. Sign up at V4L.com to get their sales emails - their shipping is pricey so I only buy during sales (and occasionally a sale is as good as 30 or 35% off). I do not know if Bloog and Smokeless Image send sale emails. I recommend trying the sample packs of cartos so you can try 5 flavors for the cost of 1 pack. And buy a couple of plain flavors of eliquid like a Vanilla and (if you want) a tobacco or menthol tobacco. With one of those 2 you can top off just about any prefilled carto after you have tasted the flavor (and before the carto gets dry enough to singe). Then you can get many days use out of one carto.

In cartos I like thin (high PG) light color liquids with little or no particle residue to get the best life out of the cartos. I like V4L's non-VG vanillas - their non-VG liquids are nice and thin, seems like about 80PG/20VG (have not tried Bloog's or of Smokeless Image's but I believe their liquids are also 80PG/20G). I also like V4L's WOWbacco and WOWBoy (similar but WOWboy adds mint). I did not like many of their fruit liquids. I use 2 ecigs with a sweet liquid on one (often Vanilla) and some kind of non-stinky non-sweet smoky flavor in the other. Alternately vaping the two gives a contrast I like.

Sounds like I should try Volt's vanilla and maybe chocolate - what is the color and clarity of their chocolate liquid?

Last edited:
Nice to meet you, lavachic. I was starting to feel silly about reviewing vapor flavors on a forum full of people who have been doing this for years, so I'm glad my comments were of service to you.

When I started this thread I was only looking for pre-filled cartomizers. Now that I have gotten the chance to take one apart I see that refilling shouldn't be as difficult as it appeared when I was just reading about it, and I might get into it, especially now that I am getting an idea of just how many more options there are.

I bought full packs of the cappuccino, vanilla, mint, and 555 cartridges from Smokeless Image, as well as sweet and smooth sample packs. When I said I had tried all of their flavors, I forgot that I didn't get any of the menthols. I rarely smoked menthol cigarettes and I've heard that inhaling menthol on a regular basis can be harmful. It is a refreshing flavor on a hot summer day, though.

Thanks for the tip on Halo flavors. I am currently waiting on White Cloud's Zero K, which is a peppermint, but I will also have to try Kringle's Curse. I am loving the non-menthol mint flavor and am eager to try more. Halo's Shamrock also looks appetizing. Have you tried it?

If you decide that you like the cherry, you may also want to try the grape. It is a strong flavor, which I prefer, and tastes a lot like grape soda. I say avoid the watermelon, though. In spite of the large clouds of vapor I was drawing, I couldn't really taste much of anything. This is probably why you don't see watermelon flavored anything. It's always watermelon-kiwi candy, or watermelon-strawberry vodka. Actually, watermelon-strawberry-kiwi-vodka sounds like a great flavor for eliquid. Hmm... I may have to get into mixing.

Hey Oavio,

Have not had the Shamrock yet, but it is on it's way with the Gourmet Sampler I just ordered. I picked up their Menthol Sampler and the Malibu pre-filled.

Kringle's Curse is peppermint. I don't normally like peppermint myself, which is why I was surprised that Kringle's Curse turned out to be a great one for me. At Christmas, I'd take one small bite out of a mini candy cane and that would be enough. Couldn't stand those red and white peppermint candies much after about 30 seconds either. But Kringle's Curse was delightful! The nice thing about vaping it, opposed to having the candies, is that the flavor doesn't stay long on your tongue so it's more enjoyable.

If you like the tobacco flavors, I'd say get Halo's Variety Sampler to start. I'm not big into the tobacco flavors myself, which is why I didn't bother ordering it, but it looks like it has a bit that might appeal to you. About the only thing I think you may not like is the SubZero. That is a strong menthol. It's one of my favorites, but I only vape that in the morning before work. I also add it to some of my other juices for a little cooling kick.

I'm on the lookout for a good "mixing" chocolate along with a cherry that doesn't taste like cherry flavored cough syrup. Going for a chocolate-cherry mix, but more cherry with a hint of chocolate to smooth it out instead of the other way around.

So, I said I'd report back on the Shamrock. Halo juices are hard to describe because they seems so complex, yet not at the same time. This is an interesting chocolate mint. The strange thing I found is that it is chocolate on the inhale, and a hint of mint on the exhale. I really like it. The blend is tasty and overpoweringly sweet. I could vape this at night after dinner. I probably wouldn't vape it often though, but to keep in in rotation - don't want it to "get old". I might zing it with a little Sub Zero though...I'll have to try that next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread