Favorite tank and why

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
I know this has been talked about a lot in the past but I wanted to start another post to get my 2cents in. Since September I tried nearly everything to make my vaping life better. At 1st I started with and loved carto/tanks. Filling them at first was kind of a pain but after awhile filling the pre punched carto and tank became no problem. Then I kept hearing about the VIVI Novas, so I ordered 2, a Big and small.. At first right out of the box they sucked! But as a noob I didn't know how to get them to not dry burn so much.. I left the little one alone for a while and put it on my ego style battery and it worked amazing, so I set up the Big VIVI and through it on my VV mod and nothing but nasty burn.. I tried everything.. I let them sit, primer hits, changed heads.. After a few days of trying I gave up and chucked them. I knew then for me was tank/cartos. I was running low on cartos so I ordered 1/2 dozen un punched boxes and a Kanger T3 because that's the thing everyone is now talking about. As I'm waiting for delivery I realize the Big VIVI wasn't the problem it was my LT.. The VIVI sits to flush and wasn't getting any airflow.. Man I felt dumb because at this point my favorite tank has now become the mini VIVI.. So the mail comes I get my new cartos, I punch them and fill... Bad vape.. Gurgle and flooding.. tried on 4 cartos and got the same thing.. Ok note to self.. order pre punched next time.. I did punch them correctly, same measurements from the pre punched ones, I just don't have the patients. So I'll give the Kanger a try.. WOW right off the bat I fell in love with this clearo.. So much so my tanks and cartos are now backups.. Now every now and then I do get a dry hit but by take 4 or 5 quick primer puffs that takes the dry hit away. When a bigger tank version comes out I'll try it for sure.. And Im going to order another Big VIVI and give it a shot on my VAMO and MVP I got after I chucked the last one.. For the things I tried the T3 and mini VIVI are my favorite tanks. :2c:

Last edited:

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I`m afraid that with commercial parts still in the equation you might always be plagued with those shenanigans at one point or the other.

I tried a lot of tanks and even if they all started impressively well at first,a short while down the line they all let me down...except the full custom ones.

Gotta pay a mint,but its well worth it and economical.

d9mel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Spa City
I'm a fan of delrin j-tanks because I have 2 that haven't missed a beat for the last year, completely indestructable. Not the biggest carto fan, but for convenience and durability they win in my book.

I have a few vivi novas and rebuildables, but the novas have formed leaks on the body tube and genesis can be finiky. I still put them both into my rotation ocassionally just to switch things up

Cyrene

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Twin Lakes, WI
I am a huge Vivi Nova fan. I've had no issues with them, you may have to loosen the screw on the bottom
to get more airflow to them if you need to, there is a good YouTube video out there for it.

My Vivi's are amazing. I've used the same 2 for about 4 months now, and they are going strong. The only reason
I had to change a head on one, was because the wick became shredded, but the coil still works fine. I am going
to learn how to re-wick them one day. But ordering new heads is cheap enough, so I may not bother.

If you have an issue with leaking into your mouth, or gurgling, pop the mouthpiece off and look to see that the
little plastic head is lined up right with the hole. I've discovered, if I screw the top on too tight, it would go
off alignment, as soon as I loosened just a hair, it went back straight and no more gurgling or leaking at all.

Vivi's are awesome - I also have some Stardust's, and they are fine except they don't hold as much juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread