Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I normally don’t say this in the new folks forum, but I agree with @Heath54, rebuildables take chain vaping better than drop ins.

I can get away with a little of it with the K1, mtl, or the vaporesso veco, dl. But even those have their limits. And I’d recommend having at least two devices to share that burden.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Yeah I usually have at least two devices on hand for those times one is always set up with an rda. The other is usually set up with my Prince tank, which I really like. Nice flavor, big clouds, and not much thought. Click and vape. Know Smok does not have the best repuration but, to me the Prince tank is a winner. Also my out and about tank.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Yeah I usually have at least two devices on hand for those times one is always set up with an rda. The other is usually set up with my Prince tank, which I really like. Nice flavor, big clouds, and not much thought. Click and vape. Know Smok does not have the best repuration but, to me the Prince tank is a winner. Also my out and about tank.
Oh did I mention it is pretty expensive and I get good coil life at 60-70 watts.

Reactions: stols001

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
I agree with everyone else. A bottom feeding device (squonker) and an RDA are best suited for chain vaping.

That said, RTA's and Sub-ohm tanks can also be chain vaped but your wicking needs to be perfect in order for the RTA to wick efficiently. Due to this, RDA's are an easier option since they are very forgiving when it comes to wicking.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
What’s the best tank for chain vaping? And just for moderate use?

Answers to a question that asks, "What's the best (insert anything here)"...are all a matter of opinion. You'll get possibly different answers in every single response. Many of those may even be for tanks that aren't the type you're looking for.

It would help narrow down the suggestions given to you, if you'll give some info. on the following:

Do you want a MTL or DTL tank?
Do you vape sub-ohm or above ohm?
Do you want a tank that takes drop-in factory coils, or coils you build or buy pre-wound and just install and wick them?
Is there a price range you have in mind? If yes, what's the limit you want to spend for a tank?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There is no "best" tank for chainvaping, it's not really good for many tanks. I'd also ask are you up for using temp control? If you are, chain vaping is going to be much more forgiving to your tank, as chainvaping is kind of what heats it up.

I also hesitate to recommend based on not enough information, honestly. Rebuildables are going to be less expensive if you chainvape than drop in tanks, but there do seem to be kind of outgoing sort of members of either class of tank that do extra well. If you go the rebuildable route, I would recommend rayon for your wicking material it withstands higher temps and holds up longer than cotton wicking. But there are some equally solid choices in the drop in arena should you wish to go that route. Rewicking and etc. can be a pain at times, but rebuildables overall are going to be less expensive.

I'm not going to recommend a tank because I don't even know what kind of vape you want. I will note, now that I have quite a few tanks in rotation, well, they hold up much better collectively than they would on an individual basis, because chain vaping is just deadly to coils, it really is, so doing what you can to keep temperatures down in your tank such as adding distilled water, using TC if that's an option for you, making sure you don't chainvape coil killing juices to start with (flavored, colored, super high VG, sweetened, naturally extracted tobaccos) and there are lots of other things you can do.

Best of luck,

Anna

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
As for drop ins, I love the Crown Nunchaku. I'm a serious chain vaper and it keeps up quite nicely. It can get a little leaky, but it's nice.
As for RTA the Zeus is perfect for me. It rarely gets dry on me, if you chain vape a lot it will get a little less vapor, but it vapes great for chain vaping.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
To answer the title of your thread.... THE best tank for me is the Joyetech eGo ONE MEGA V1 with CLR rebuildable coils. However it doesn't do MTL all that well for me. I've got a new MTL RTA on the slow boat now. Gotta have a little diversity in my vape.

To answer your POST.... I wouldn't know. I found my fave without going thru every tank on the market.

M.Ali

Aug 19, 2018
Oman
I always use a squonk setup with tc when am chainvaping, your coil and wick gets a straight shot of juice from the pin underneath so you are not totally relying on the absorption capabilities of your wick.
To me an Rta is like a cup of coffee, but an rda is like a shot of espresso. More flavorful and hits you harder.
Regarding which rta......that’s hard to say. Depending on size/airflow and type of builds you prefere everyone has his own favorite.
Mine are skyfall>jorda b>le concord.. but that just me.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hie @Kelly Heise. As other have already stated, I too have a couple or three tanks (with mods) on the go to swap over if I am going to be chain vaping. Not sure of your preferred vaping style, but I only use tanks with drop-in coils and am currently using Innokin t-18 and t-22 tanks, Nautilus 2 and Mini. Personally, I find these great for MTL and flavour.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

That's a very open ended question. :) It's like asking what car is the best car for moderate driving... You'll get a tonne of different answers.

For me, I like a Rebuildable Goblin Mini on a Sigeli 100 or Eleaf Aster VW.....In a '67 Volkswagen beetle in the fall.... perfect combination for me! Got the mod and tank.. just need the beetle now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread