Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshWomack

Nov 13, 2018
Hi,

I used to Vape a few years ago but have been using tobacco for the past few years. I’m lost when it comes to what’s on the market now. I don’t care at all what my device looks like. I’m basically looking for something with long battery life and a tank I don’t have to refill often. I need an e-liquid high in nicotine.

With a budget of 150 dollars, what should I buy?

Also, what’s the best online before to buy high nicotine content liquid.

I greatly appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
There are more options now than there were a few years ago, so we'll need to know the answers to a few questions before we can recommend anything.

1. Do you prefer MTL or DL? If you're not familiar with the terms, read on:
  • MTL (mouth-to-lung): MTL has a tighter draw, more like a cigarette. It goes through ejuice and battery life more slowly, but tends to be used with higher nicotine concentrations to compensate for that.
  • DL (direct lung): Much looser draw. Inhale directly into the lungs. Uses juice with less nicotine per ml because you consume mls so much faster.
  1. Do you want an internal battery or a removable battery? Most experienced vapers prefer removable batteries. An internal battery is an integral part of the mod. It's charged via USB. Replacement batteries are hard to find and can be difficult to replace, so when the battery dies the mod's a brick. It's best to get at least two devices so you can charge one while using the other. (* It's best to get at least two of whatever you need anyway so you have a backup. You never want to find yourself looking at a pack of smokes because of equipment failure.) Removable batteries are what it says on the tin. Take the batteries out when they're discharged and put them in your external charger. (You can also charge most mods via USB, but external chargers are better). Initial cost can be a touch higher since you need to buy the batteries and charger separately, but when the batteries die the mod's still good. Even if the cost is a little higher, you shouldn't have any trouble finding something within your budget.
  2. Size/weight: You said you don't care what it looks like, but how about the size and weight? Removable battery mods usually have one or two batteries, although they can have three or four. More batteries generally equals more run time, all else being equal.
  3. Are you interested in building your own coils, or are you looking for factory-made coils?

JoshWomack

Nov 13, 2018
Thanks so much for the response. Very helpful.

I definitely prefer mouth to lung.

The old mod I had was an internal battery but removable seems the way to go. I can’t remember the name of what I used to have. All I remember is it was a perfectly square brick. I had a pretty large tank on it. I’d get a day out of it even if i vaped heavily.

Weight is really a non-issue. I mean I don’t want the heaviest thing in the world just for the sake of it being heaviest but weight isn’t something I’m concerned about.

Thanks again!

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
It's not the type of mod I'm interested in so someone may have a more helpful suggestion, but I've found Aspire quite a decent brand. Their Skystar and Speeder are two battery mods that should last quite a while with MTL.

As for tanks, the top factory-coil MTL tanks seem to be the Aspire Nautilus 2 and the Innokin Zenith. The Nautilus 2 might be smaller than you'd prefer, but a slightly larger new version, the Nautilus 2S, is due out any time now.

As far as batteries go, I'd strongly recommend buying one of the ones on this chart from a vendor listed in the blue section. There are a lot of counterfeit, shoddy and downright unsafe batteries around, so it's important to do what you can to avoid them. This post is a great introduction to vaping batteries and battery safety. The vendors in the chart are also a good place to pick up a charger, like one by Xtar, Nitecore or Efest's LUC line.

Good luck!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome Josh. The Innokin Zenith is the tank I would recommend. If you're out and about most of the day or night I'd suggest a dual 18650 battery or single 21700 battery device. I also think you should consider how you will carry the setup when out. Pocket, backpack, etc; in other words size and shape does matter.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My humble opinion on the best no compromise low maintainance, low skill requirement MTL vape:

If you don’t know how to wrap your own coils:
Buy a JAC vapor sandstorm dna75 mod in silver (no paint to chip) and an zenith tank, also in silver for similar reasons. You will also want a decent battery charger , and probably 3 name brand 15amp batteries from a reputable seller. Total should come pretty near that $150. You can do it cheaper, but I don’t believe you can really do it better.

JoshWomack

Nov 13, 2018
If you want bang for your buck and high nicotine a pod system and nic salts might be something to consider. They don't generally have large juice capacity but when you're vaping 50mg juice it lasts a good 6 - 8 hours.

I went to the local Vape shop that I used to go to and they sold me on a Myle something or other. I’m not a fan. I feel like the person just pushed me on what he makes the best commission on. Pretty sure it used to be locally owned but is now owned by some large company.

As far as the pod systems, is it actually possible to get a quality pod system with tons of throat hit and high levels of nicotine? I don’t remember the pod stuff being a thing when I last vaped.

JoshWomack

Nov 13, 2018
My humble opinion on the best no compromise low maintainance, low skill requirement MTL vape:

If you don’t know how to wrap your own coils:
Buy a JAC vapor sandstorm dna75 mod in silver (no paint to chip) and an zenith tank, also in silver for similar reasons. You will also want a decent battery charger , and probably 3 name brand 15amp batteries from a reputable seller. Total should come pretty near that $150. You can do it cheaper, but I don’t believe you can really do it better.

Is there an online store with those items in stock that you would recommend? Do forum rules allow providing links?

Thanks!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Is there an online store with those items in stock that you would recommend? Do forum rules allow providing links?

Thanks!
The JAC vapor sandstorm is very easy to get in Europe but a bit more difficult to get in the USA. JAC vapor is a british company. You CAN simply buy one off their website for something like £65 + shipping. This makes them quite expensive though..

How to get a cheap sandstorm in th US:

1. Go to tha JAC vapor website, register, and register for their news letter (this is critical). Then put the sandstorm mod in your basket but DO NOT check out.
2. Wait. Within a day or two you should get an email from JAC vapor with a coupon code that offers a price of ~$65 with cheap shipping.
3. NOW buy the device on their website using the coupon code

The atty: innokin zenith tank is widely available online. I’m not sure of the cheapest location atm. That sort of thing tends to change without warning. Numerous shops carry it though so a trip through the approved vendors list on the main page will no doubt net you success. The same goes for the rest of it really. The batteries and charger can likely be bought in the same place, but buying batteries from a reputable seller is somewhat critical as unscrupulous people like to sell rwrapped or outright fake batteries which can be quite dangerous. My last battery purchase was from Imr batteries, though there are several other known good vendors as well.

As to juice I can tell you nothing. I diy and do not buy premixed juice

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
I went to the local Vape shop that I used to go to and they sold me on a Myle something or other. I’m not a fan. I feel like the person just pushed me on what he makes the best commission on. Pretty sure it used to be locally owned but is now owned by some large company.

As far as the pod systems, is it actually possible to get a quality pod system with tons of throat hit and high levels of nicotine? I don’t remember the pod stuff being a thing when I last vaped.

For the most part you aren't going to get a lot of throat hit with most nic salt juices that I've tried. There have been a few here or there that have really great throat hit thought. I've been using the smok novo with 50mg salts for about a month now and have been extremely pleased with it. I don't have a clue how long it will last but when a replacement is $25 is sort of hard to argue. I would say that there are quite a few pod systems out there that are probably better than the myle.

Reactions: smacuser

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Well my advice may go to one side of the rails. I'll toss out buy a decent regulated squonker & a decent RDA (the Gorge is good one). That way you don't need a tank and can buy some wire to keep on hand and build your own better quality coils. I use a couple mech squonks and one with a switchfet fuse. I'm saying to buy the regulated squonk now, it seems a bit more of a risk reduction. Also a regulated box will let you do some good sub ohm, not that you can't on a mech but the learning curve might be a little much for some. All in you might spend $80 -$95 depending on the mod and where you buy it, batteries & charger. Wire isn't too expensive. About $40 at heartland for 1 L of 18mg per 1ml max VG unflavored base juice, what I seem to guzzle down a little now.

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Any regulated mod will do.

As for atties (tanks)

Innokin Zenith
VandyVape Berserker
SXK Doggystyle 2k16 (this is a clone. It's awesome and CHEAP)
Vapefly Galaxies
Dvarw MTL
Siren I and II
Fumytech Rose
Cthulhu MTL
Nautilus Mini/Nautilus (with the BVC coils that work in both)

Just some to look at. They are ALL Mouth To Lung (MTL) which is what most of us who still vape above 1 ohm are considered.
If you want drop in coils (heads) then you'll be looking at the Zenith or the Nautilus line.
The rest of them are build your own coils, which sounds daunting, but is actually really easy and a great way to dial in your vape/cloud/taste to what works for you. Yes, it's a learning curve and takes some fiddling but the basics aren't hard at all.

There's also the Kayfuns but those are $$$$ and with the new MTL gear out these days, it's hard to justify the price
Just make sure the mod you get can hold up to a 25mm atty. Ares, Berserker and Zenith are 24mm so the original Pico will have some atty "chin" or overhang. Doggystyle is 22mm.

In this picture from Left to Right
Doggystyle with Pico
Berserker with Pico 25
Ares with Eleaf Invoke (dual 18650)
Zenith with Kroma
View attachment 779727
img_20181113_075648-jpg.779727

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome

$150 is a good amount of money. Most of my mods were are in the $30-60 range.

I won't shop at JacVapour and I'm from the UK :eek:... but never mind. If people say it's good, it's good.

It also doesn't help they charge the same in USD to GPB which means you get it cheaper... another reason why I won't give them my money, ever... again... ever...:-x

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to try the ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in " how to obtain a good throat hit ".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread