Louisville, KY

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Having one approved ... ANYTHING approved is a win.
I think the FDA had to approve something in order to show that they weren't banning the entire class of "tobacco products", which is something actual legislation prohibits them from doing.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
I'm cautiously cynical, while trying to remain cynically hopeful. I don't understand approving just one product, though we know big tobacco buys what it wants from puppet government. At least the vape isn't banned, is not "medicalized", is not limited to max 6 mg nic. But I think I feel a non-tobacco flavor ban coming on. Maybe a ban of nic base? Ban of open systems? Very possibly. Make the overture to destruction look good.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I think the FDA had to approve something in order to show that they weren't banning the entire class of "tobacco products", which is something actual legislation prohibits them from doing.
And they picked something that for the most part doesn't resemble MOST of the devices in use today (being ancient tech) and therefore is near useless as a substantial equivalent path to a shortcut PMTA going forward. I do not for a minute think that is accidental.

Yeah I am that cynical these days.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The article says the Vuse Solo is refillable, but I'm pretty sure it's not. Vuse would sell bottles of juice if they made refillable products, but they don't.

Sure, you could probably refill the carts with some effort, but I'm pretty sure the solo is designed to be a closed system.

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2019
    North-Central PA (flyover country)
    It appears to me that all of the flavors on the Vuse site are offered only at 50 mg/ml, 24 or 18. No 12, no 9, no 6. Gawd, it's like they really think so little of us.

Do people really vape 50 mg? 5 percent nic.

It's probably nic salt. Totally different animal.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Dutchess County, New York
    At 50, 24 or 18, to me, it seems an attempt by Vuse to keep you addicted to nicotine, hence, continue to buy. Just as BT had done for ages. and Juul's goal as well.

imho, the beauty of our vapes is the ability to easily and reliably control our nic intake. Since I wanted to quit the addiction to cigarettes, I then want to reduce my dependency on vaping. I'm down from 18 when I started to between 2.5 to 5.

I didn't want to replace one uncontrolled addiction with another. Yes, I'm still addicted to nic and vaping, but for me, it is by my choice.

Vuse takes that away from me.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    It's probably nic salt. Totally different animal.

50mg/ml on a High Powered Device/Modern RTA would make me Sing the Body Electric.

But for a Low Powered device like a Vuse Solo, with a circa 2011 Cart, it is probably about Normal for a MTL-er.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread