fda are liers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of Results: Laboratory Analysis of Electronic Cigarettes Conducted By FDA FDA conducted a preliminary analysis on some samples of electronic cigarettes and components from two leading brands. Due to the variability among products, thisanalysis should not be used to draw conclusions about what substancesare or are not present in particular electronic cigarettesor brands of electronic cigarettes. FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation, Office of Compliance purchased two samples of electronic cigarettes and components from two leading brands. These samples included 18 of the various flavored, nicotine, and no-nicotine cartridges offered for use with these products. These cartridges were obtained in order to test some of the ingredients contained in them and inhaled by users of electronic cigarettes. FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation, Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis (DPA) analyzed the cartridges from these electronic cigarettes for nicotine content and for the presence of other tobacco constituents, some of which are known to be harmful to humans, including thosethat are potentially carcinogenic or mutagenic. DPA's analysis of the electronic cigarette samples showed that the product contained detectable levels of known carcinogens and toxic chemicalsto which users could potentially be exposed. DPA's testing also suggested that quality control processesused to manufacture these products are inconsistent or non-existent. Specifically, DPA's analysis of the electronic cigarette cartridges from the two leading brands revealed the following: Diethylene glycol was detected in one cartridge at approximately 1%. Diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze, is toxic to humans. Certain tobacco-specific nitrosamines which are human carcinogens were detected in half of the samples tested. tobacco-specific impurities suspected of being harmful to humans—anabasine, myosmine, and β-nicotyrine—were detected in a majority of the samples tested. The electronic cigarette cartridges that were labeled as containing no nicotine had low levels of nicotine present in all cartridges tested, except one. Three different electronic cigarette cartridges with the same label were tested and each cartridge emitted a markedly different amount of nicotine with each puff. The nicotine levels per puff ranged from 26.8 to 43.2 mcg nicotine/100 mL puff. One high-nicotine cartridge delivered twice as much nicotine to users when the vapor from that electronic cigarette brand was inhaled than was delivered by a sample of the nicotine inhalation product (used as a control) approved by FDAfor use as a smoking cessation aid.

Now am I misunderstanding or did they say 100ml puffs?? Who the hell was testing for the paul bunin or snoop dog. There just rallying for tje tobbacco company's cause if they said ecigs are super safe that's a lot of money out of big tobaccos deep pockets. Not to mention the is gov. If you think there going to do anything to jeperdize that cash flow your dumb. Plus while people are still smoking people are still dieing indrone thus making iteasier to controll the population
....I'm ranting aren't I? Just my thoughts let meknow yours.
ps: sorry about the typos I'm on my phone

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Now am I misunderstanding or did they say 100ml puffs?? Who the hell was testing for the paul bunin or snoop dog.

Yes. You are misunderstanding. It is the volume of displacement, not the amount of liquid. Their machine they use displaces 100 ml by volume of air, smoke, vapor or whatever. it does not take a drag off an e-cig that would cause the atty to consume 100 ml of juice.

lawnman3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
largo fl
yes they are thinking someone like my self and all the other vapors here are dumb asses .... we all know its just a ploy to ...in simple turms as many here know....... thin out the herd.... .. like deformed cattle that wont sell at market... just to get us back on the big tabacco train... well they have tried and not had any luck ...i say if its bad for us ...then let us all learn on our own ... and leave us the hell alone to die in our clouds of vapor!!!!!

thats my thoughts and a lot more here i am shure...

lawnman3...:2cool::2cool::2cool:

Last edited:

Some1OnThisForum

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
nj
DPA's testing also suggested that quality control processesused to manufacture these products are inconsistent or non-existent

This is what concerns me the most and i find to be 100% true...its the manufacturers. Some of these places are straight out of the ghetto using sub par material to make cartomizers, and also health is a concern...i bought 510 cartos made from god knows where and they were poor...either way to hot and burnt out immediately(freshly filled up), and one was blocked like it had crazy glue in it...later after messing around with it, and blowing to see if i can unblock whatever the F was in there..a Piece OF A TOOTH PICK WAS INSIDE!?

I dont know what was happening, but apparently wherever these came from, its obvious they were using tooth picks for the final process...or at least that one..maybe the guy was just using it on his teeth, and stuck it in there to make a nicer hole down the center...gross

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
Does anyone have any idea what the FDA is talking about when they state (in the original posters quote above) "One high-nicotine cartridge delivered twice as much nicotine to users when the vapor from that electronic cigarette brand was inhaled than was delivered by a sample of the nicotine inhalation product (used as a control) approved by FDA for use as a smoking cessation aid."?
This is the first time I have read that there is an FDA approved "Nicotine Inhalation Product".:confused::confused:

tenzip

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Lincoln, NE, USA
Does anyone have any idea what the FDA is talking about when they state (in the original posters quote above) "One high-nicotine cartridge delivered twice as much nicotine to users when the vapor from that electronic cigarette brand was inhaled than was delivered by a sample of the nicotine inhalation product (used as a control) approved by FDA for use as a smoking cessation aid."?
This is the first time I have read that there is an FDA approved "Nicotine Inhalation Product".:confused::confused:

Nicotrol.com

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
"Certain tobacco-specific nitrosamines which are human carcinogens were detected in half of the samples tested."

Oh yeah?

N'-Nitrosonornicotine. CAS No. 16543-55-8. Report on Carcinogens, Eleventh Edition. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Toxicology Program. Announcement of the draft in the Federal Register was on Nov. 13, 2007. For NNN: "No adequate human studies of the relationship between exposure to N-nitrosonornicotine and human cancer have been reported (IARC 1978, 1985, 1987)." NNK and N′-nitrosoanatabine (NAT), N′-nitrosoanabasine (NAB), 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone (NNK), 4-(Methylnitrosamino)-4-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanol (iso-NNAL) are not listed among the carcinogens.

http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/roc/eleventh/profiles/s135nson.pdf
11th Report on Carcinogens - National Toxicology Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread