FDA Regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cukali

Jun 11, 2012
USA
This will happen. The process that is going on with our geverment and tobacco companies is nothing new. Here is how it works....

Ecigs are taking state and federal tax revinue.
Big tobacco sees small business's making big money that they want.
Governors and elected officials see opportunity to squeeze money out of BT.
FDA is getting swooned by BT but will drag it out as far as they can for maximum "swooning profits"
Any governor that sides with us just didnt get enough money...but are still for sale.
There will be a big smear campaign against Ecigs to get public support.
BT will position themselves to take over the market and sell exactly what they paid "independents" to smear.
Suddenly vaping will be "ok" once they have the market.
Prices to vape will be equal (at minimum) to smoking.
The product will still be exactly the same as the "barrels of toxin" they claim it is now.

How many homes burn every year from cigarettes?
How many children die a year from aspirin or other OTC drugs?

Trust me people, this is something we cannot stop and it will happen when THEY decide the time is right, not when we lose the battle. The very instant some BT exec decided they could make profits from this, the fight, battle, and war was lost. It make me angry beyond words but I know this is how Capitalism works....F the little guy. Shareholders need to make money for nothing and not the small business guy. As long as your goverment makes more revinue, its going to happen.

I wonder how long this dance between BT, FDA, and your eleceted officials will last. The ballance between getting the most donations from BT and the loss of revinue will determine the time we are wiped out.

cukali

Jun 11, 2012
USA
Is that how capitalism works? And all this time I thought that government control of business was something else (which won't me mentioned). Silly me.

Well, I am shocked myself. (feel the sarcasm?)

If the right people make enough money it suddenly becomes ok.
Look at cigarette traxes....it has gone up x100 all in the name of "it causes cancer"...ok so now does it cause less cancer? All because the politicians seen a way to get campain money all at the cost of the consumer. Notice its the consumer they tax right? How about banning nicotine from cigarettes instead? They all claimed it was addictive yet that idea never came into play. They WANT the addiction to keep the tax revinue.

How about anti freeze? Anyone can make it for pennies but it was SOOOOO poisonous it needed to be regulated. Have we now gone without Glycol poisoning? Nope.....just enough regulation so the small business cannot partake of the profits.

Alcohol....omg, that sinful liquid that kills and poisons everyone it touches....Lets tax it. Good idea...then it will be ok.

Beef....Investors bought up farms but couldnt get the profits they wanted with compitition with local famers. Regulate, wipe out, and monopolize. Once thats done, deregulate, and profit. I did a paper on this. Now, they feed cattle the ever less expensive susidized crop "corn". BUT it causes acid resistant bacteria to grow in its stomachs. Thats the bad bacteria that kills. Look at food poisoning outbreaks since the 50s...it has gone up tremendously and yet the beef industry (corporate) lobbied for deregulation to prevent losses and costs. No more inspectors, the processing plants inpsect themselves. Children deaths have skyrocketed as have older people. BUT, its all ok because the right people make the money of of the consumers.

China imports kill more children than Ecigs, but there is not even a thought of regulating. Big Corps make too much off of it.

My point is, the money HAS to go to the right people FROM the sonsumer and nothing else. Everything is ok if enough money is made. Nothing is reported on unless someone is going to benifit.

Next we will have multi billion dollar companies getting tax refunds. :D

-mj01-

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2014
PA, USA
About 3-4 years ago, I was considering a joint venture with an "experienced" vaper - opening a b&m as well as an online shop. I backed out due to "uncertainty" on how things were going to be "regulated".

My experience tells me that the regulation enacted will not be the same as the "common sense" approach regulation that probably SHOULD be enacted.

The most regulation that SHOULD be enacted for juice mixers is an annual health inspection - similar to what a restaurant goes through - performed by a STATE or LOCAL government (health) agency. I'd not object to standards (i.e. - stainless steel surface, proper ventilation for mixing stations, Hazardous material training specific to working with the substances used).

I'm for taxing, but no more than the regular SALES TAX I am currently paying on goods purchased within my state.

I am not for any additional "tax" or "licensing" than any other b&m business at the business level.

I am not for a federal use tax or excise tax and definitely not for any type of FEDERAL regulation on vaping or vape related products.

I also realize that the government quite often acts contrary to what I am "for" in matters of money such as these, which more than kept me out of this particular game.

-mj01-

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2014
PA, USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Duplicate

Moonswanni

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
The Winner Circle
I don't think tobacco companies are behind this. Phillip Morris owns Blue E-Cigs I believe (see edit below).

Google "GlaxoSmithKline ecigs". Also look at who they financially support. American Cancer Society, American Lung Association, American Heart Association to name a few.

All of these are recommended by the American Cancer Society

Chandrix = Pfizer
Zyban/Wellbutrin = GlaxoSmith Kline
Nicorette = GlaxoSmith Kline
NicoDerm CQ Pathches = GlaxoSmith Kline

See the pattern!

[EDIT: Actually I'm a little off about Blue ecigs. Source of below paragraph.

"The big tobacco companies are now all active in the electronic business, with Lorillard, maker of the Newport cigarette brand, owning blu, the e-cigarette market leader. Reynolds, which makes Camel among others, is pushing its own Vuse brand, while Malboro makers AltriaMO -0.05% and Philip Morris InternationalPM +0.64% have joined forces in a licensing deal to market each other’s next-generation products."]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread