My appeal to BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
On the e-cigarette issue (I hate that someone chose to use that term, Personal Vaporizer or PV is so much better), December 28 was the last day to submit recommendations on the issue to the FDA.

So now it is up to them to make their decision. Depending on how much they have been bribed, that could take anywhere from one month to forever.

The best scenario would be if Big tobacco decided to come on board. That would render the FDA harmless.

If BT makes the (sensible) decision that PV’s are a worthwhile manufacturing/marketing investment we will be in vapor heaven forever.

Last count, there were about 46-50m smokers out there, and that is a very conservative estimate which doesn’t include, for instance, people who only smoke when they drink, or teenagers, or smokers who don’t really consider themselves as smokers (sneaky socially correct freaks).

Armed with T and PV products, along with their notorious chemistry labs, and legendary marketing skills, BT could easily double that number in a few years.

That would equal a win-win-win-win: 1-state revenues-2-government revenues, 3-BT revenues, and 4-Fewer deaths and illnesses from diseases related to cigarette smoking.

And we could look forward to some good old American know-how, innovation, and ingenuity for a change, like rotating “swivel” tip PV’s, and FDA certified e-juice, sold at local stores in insert able “gel” capsule-bubble packs.

The only money interest that would oppose such a development would be Big Pharma, with their extremely low success rated, Mickey-mouse cessation products. And, of course, they would oppose anything that threatened a loss of dollars from products, medications and treatments for dying cigarette addicts.

In that case, the only question for the FDA would be which interest has the deepest pockets.

We need to be appealing to BT, not the FDA.

83 days smoke free. I am no longer a cigarette addict. I am now a serious vapor hobbyist.
Whatever the decision of the FDA, I am stocked with a 4+ year supply of e-nicotine concentrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread