Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
At least Missouri seems to have some common sense when it comes to stupid laws. Lowest national gas prices, Lowest national cigarette tax and so on.

Highest incidence of puppy mills in the entire U.S. Untold cruelty and I know the rescue orgs that have had to litigate ..... you need brain bleach to get this stuff out of your head for the rest of your life. :(

Anti regulation brings just as many bad things as good.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Prudent vapers are rapidly stocking up on lifetime supplies of nicotine concentrate and hardware. The future of vaping looks grim to many of us.

I really think that depends on how you look at things. I look at things from a global business perspective, and also I am one who is more of a futurist.

As I posted in another topic, today's vaping technology actually seems very clunky, elementary, non-high tech to me. Vaping isn't going anywhere. The reason Tobacco companies are into this, and other entries to the sector ---There are tons of new entries into the market, going on behind the scenes, including Nerudia w/ pharma grade ecig products, and other companies working on ecig models that will only work w/synthetic nicotine, and working on sythetic nic which is not made from tobacco, etc.

Vaping is not going to go away. It is going to grow very big, but it will be more highly technological and scientifically vetted, and ecigs will have touch screens and such.

I'm looking forward to it.

Many of you in the hobby sector think we have sophisticated products now.........to be honest, I think most of these products are kinda like dinosaurs in a way, clunky and fiddly and really pretty elementary.

In the future people will be vaping not smoking and there will be a lot of neat stuff going on.

This present incarnation is just a hurdle and if you attach yourself to reactionary thinking you WILL be scared. I'm not reactionary so I'm not.

Smoking isn't going to gain customers. Everybody knows that, it's a forgone conclsuion the world over. Someday people will be walking around vaping just like they are walking around with their iPhones with all the bells and whistles.

COUNT ON IT.

By the way, I keep meaning to ask those who are anti BT, you did boycott mac n' cheese when Kraft was owned by Phillip Morris, right? ????

And you do boycott every product that is associated, owned or a subsidiary of Big Tobacco (which is about 30% of the products people use everyday in their homes) right?

I really don't care who is making vape gear in the future, as long as it is highly technological (which it ISN'T now!) simple, easy and that fewer than 2% of the world's population smokes anymore.

I don't want to see people smoking. Whoever makes $$ off having that NOT happen is fine with me. We are in a global business world now, most of the top 20 big companies own everything ...... vaping will be no different..........

Of course it might take 10-20 years but I can picture myself in an airport and people are using all kinds of cool "smart devices" and among them are vaping gear. It won't be anything like the clunky fiddly stuff we have now though. Hooray

Reactions: Wolferizer

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I really don't care who is making vape gear in the future, as long as it is highly technological (which it ISN'T now!) simple, easy and that fewer than 2% of the world's population smokes anymore.

I don't want to see people smoking. Whoever makes $$ off having that NOT happen is fine with me. We are in a global business world now, most of the top 20 big companies own everything ...... vaping will be no different..........

There will be greater innovation with a larger manufacturing market like we have today, but that will mean backing off of some of the restrictions that are currently being brought forward. Only time will tell, but I believe it will come around if given enough time...

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

2%??? More like 20%.

List of countries by cigarette consumption per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cigarettes are smoked by over 1 billion people, which is nearly 20% of the world population in 2014. About 800 million of these smokers are men. While smoking rates have leveled off or declined in developed nations, especially among men, in developing nations tobacco consumption continues to rise. More than 80% of all smokers now live in countries with low or middle incomes, and 60% in just 10 countries, a list headed by China.[1] Smokers are over half of adult males in Indonesia (57%, but mostly kretek, a local form of cigarette) and China (53% estimated), and nearly half in Bangladesh, though for women the figure is much lower.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita#cite_note-2

Wolferizer

Sep 5, 2010
Des Moines, IA
I really think that depends on how you look at things. I look at things from a global business perspective, and also I am one who is more of a futurist.

As I posted in another topic, today's vaping technology actually seems very clunky, elementary, non-high tech to me. Vaping isn't going anywhere. The reason Tobacco companies are into this, and other entries to the sector ---There are tons of new entries into the market, going on behind the scenes, including Nerudia w/ pharma grade ecig products, and other companies working on ecig models that will only work w/synthetic nicotine, and working on sythetic nic which is not made from tobacco, etc.

Vaping is not going to go away. It is going to grow very big, but it will be more highly technological and scientifically vetted, and ecigs will have touch screens and such.

Many of you in the hobby sector think we have sophisticated products now.........to be honest, I think most of these products are kinda like dinosaurs in a way, clunky and fiddly and really pretty elementary.

In the future people will be vaping not smoking and there will be a lot of neat stuff going on.

This present incarnation is just a hurdle and if you attach yourself to reactionary thinking you WILL be scared. I'm not reactionary so I'm not.

Smoking isn't going to gain customers. Everybody knows that, it's a forgone conclsuion the world over. Someday people will be walking around vaping just like they are walking around with their iPhones with all the bells and whistles.

COUNT ON IT.

By the way, I keep meaning to ask those who are anti BT, you did boycott mac n' cheese when Kraft was owned by Phillip Morris, right? ????

And you do boycott every product that is associated, owned or a subsidiary of Big Tobacco (which is about 30% of the products people use everyday in their homes) right?

Of course it might take 10-20 years but I can picture myself in an airport and people are using all kinds of cool "smart devices" and among them are vaping gear. It won't be anything like the clunky fiddly stuff we have now though. Hooray
I completely agree with this. I've been vaping for 6 years strong and have seen/owned a lot of garbage products, some of them flat-out dangerous. Regulation would most certainly clean up the industry and bring VAST improvements to both the safety and quality of both the gear and liquids currently available on the market. I see way more pros than cons here. Only time will tell, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Regulation would most certainly clean up the industry and bring VAST improvements to both the safety and quality of both the gear and liquids currently available on the market. I see way more pros than cons here. Only time will tell, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

I agree to an extent. There are several mod vendors that put in great efforts to make quality products that are not going to survive this. If cigalikes and pods are what will survive then there I will have to disagree.

Reactions: tokarev

Wolferizer

Sep 5, 2010
Des Moines, IA
I agree to an extent. There are several mod vendors that put in great efforts to make quality products that are not going to survive this. If cigalikes and pods are what will survive then there I will have to disagree.
You do make a valid point, and I'll be watching this whole process very carefully as it unfolds. I have no doubt that FDA involvement will force many small businesses out. I will say that there are some very reliable and rock-solid products currently available from even simple hobbyists that will be eliminated from the market, and that is indeed a shame. I said I am "cautiously" optimistic for the very reasons you stated. We may very well be looking at a future where the industry is so heavily controlled that all we have left is horribly restricted, cookie-cutter devices and a bare-bones selection of liquids. That is a huge concern of mine as well. I highly doubt that will happen though. The use of vv/vw mods, unregulated box and tube mods, rebuildables and sub-ohm devices have saturated the market at this point. To outright ban or seriously cripple the capabilities of these products would rapidly kill interest in the vape industry. The backlash from current consumers would likely be huge. The government isn't stepping in for safety reasons alone, they want money. To regulate to such an extent, they would likely kill the industry. I don't believe they intend to do that. The big G has always been hungry for cash. My main concern is to what extent they'll go with taxes.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I believe that this industry was just ahead of its time. It will get devastated for now, but as years go by and vaping becomes more accepted we will see a regrowth of th type of devices we see today. In fact they will probably exceed anything that is available today.

This part of the industry just grew to fast. Foreign vendors will continue to grow which will allow studies and monitoring to continue and someday hopefully the industry will re-emerge...

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
I completely agree with this. I've been vaping for 6 years strong and have seen/owned a lot of garbage products, some of them flat-out dangerous. Regulation would most certainly clean up the industry and bring VAST improvements to both the safety and quality of both the gear and liquids currently available on the market. I see way more pros than cons here. Only time will tell, but I remain cautiously optimistic.
Sensible regulation would meet that objective.

Regulations like general battery safety requirements, eliquid regulations (for example, a ban on use of diketones and basic GMP practices similar to the food industry, etc), and mod safety requirements (must have basic things like short circuit protection) are all sensible and would result in better, safer devices and eliquid.

The FDA did not follow this path. Instead, they decided to utilize a regulatory structure that was originally developed to put a screeching halt to innovation in the cigarette market.... one that kills it through the massive regulatory complexity of the PMTA.

So, I disagree that the current regulatory structure will do anything for product safety.

collinsmcrae

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015

COUNT ON IT.

You can't be serious with this nonsense. Please tell me that this is an intentionally absurd, purely satirical post designed to illustrate that there are countless millions in our society, even within the vaping community, who have grown to love the safety in the warm darkness of the sand their head is submerged in, as their masters plow away at their keister.

Even the most ridiculous "futurist" and lover of the "global market", one of the more rediculous categories of humans in general, must take some issue with corporations and government agencies conspiring to misinform the public, use said misinformation to raise taxes and create pay-walls which directly harm the public, even if these egregious violations of our civil liberties result in more "technological" products (a completely dubious assertion at best, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread