FDA slams Juul, threatens seizure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
As a nation, we are basically saying its impossible to enforce the existing underage sale laws and a ban on the product is the only solution. This is crazy. Contact your representatives and tell them to enforce the existing laws. We should expect there will be products that are for adults only being sold in our country.
Lets see some of the parents in front of a judge and paying some fines for their children breaking the law.
The government should not be deciding what flavors adults use and they should be able to enforce the underage sale laws. Sorry for the rant, the stupidity of this is overwhelming.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
But would this ban not also mean we could not buy the diy flavorings from the vape industry. I'm a mint vapor, I detest anything that tastes like tobacco, I just want mint. (since I can't for the life of me find a cotton candy that tastes like cotton candy anymore) I don't want tobacco flavored vape of any kind, period.

We'll still be able to buy diy flavorings. They're used for lots of things. But there won't be a vape industry as we know it to buy them from. Stock up on nicotine base. That's really the only thing they can stop, or try to stop, us from getting.

• Agree
Reactions: Rossum

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
.....JUUL is going to get Slapped with a 100K Fine or so. And then some Form of Public Admonishment via a harsly worded stement from an Acting FDA Commissionaire.....

Do we in fact have an acting FDA commissioner? Because if we do, that's not good for the side of truth or facts. An acting agency head, unlike a real one, serves at the pleasure of the president and this president in particular is notorious for valuing loyalty over expertise or independent judgement. He's been in no hurry to fill vacancies and half the gov't is run by acting department heads. If he and his trophy have it in their minds to protect her (together) son and his ilk with a flavor ban, all the facts and truth in the universe won't change their minds or the mind of an acting FDA director trying to hold onto his rung of a swampy career ladder.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Juul struggles to secure research on health effects of vaping - Marketplace

With each development, Juul’s need for scientific research into the health effects of its products increases. But the vaping giant has had difficulty finding scientists to take on that research, and the few who have accepted Juul’s overtures face blowback.

Without reliable research, the company may not have a product to sell. Juul is still seeking approval from the Food and Drug Administration
Juul has one week left prove to FDA that their products are 'totally safe'.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Burden of scientific proof rests with manufacturer ...

FDA says Juul ‘ignored the law’ and warns it may take action – TechCrunch

“Companies must demonstrate with scientific evidence that their specific product does in fact pose less risk or is less harmful,” said Acting FDA Commissioner Ned Sharpless in a news release.

Details from FDA here ...

FDA warns JUUL Labs for marketing unauthorized modified risk tobacco products, including in outreach to youth

In 15 days we'll know if Juul products will be seized.

I'll bet your next Paycheck that Nothing will be Seized.

So... Has it been 15 Days Yet?

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
So... Has it been 15 Days Yet?
And the reply was to resign ... LOL. But seriously, primary FDA concern (in warning letter) was marketing to youth, which was complied with and more.

Vape-orized: Philip Morris, Altria End Merger Talks As Juul CEO Quits

Juul also said in its statement on Wednesday that it would suspend all broadcast, print and digital advertising in the U.S., and refrain from lobbying the Trump administration on its guidance regarding proposed curbs on vaping products.

MO had a mild pullback today. Only down 1.3%. Will you continue to hold past earnings? Altria Earnings date is 11/01/2019.The biggest moves will be on 10/30/2019 15 minutes before closing. Btw, financial models based on options (puts/calls) show the following ...

Will MO stock price drop / fall?
Yes. The Altria Group stock price may drop from 40.190 USD to 30.986 USD. The change will be -22.9017%.

Will MO stock price crash?
According to our analysis, this can happen.

Altria Group Stock Forecast: down to 30.986 USD? - MO Stock Price Prediction, Long-Term & Short-Term Share Revenue Prognosis with Smart Technical Analysis

Good luck and sleep well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread