FDA Still Not Sure that Smoking is Any More Harmful than Using Electronic Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruisedoc

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
What's the FDA been smoking? Fog machines are OK for many venues and they use PG. Mom just loves to break out that Vicks Vaporizer when her kids are sick to help them breath by vaporizing camphor, alcohol, water, and Vicks proprietary fragrances. Yet they can't figure out that a vapor of glycerine, distilled water, with a little nicotine isn't infinitely better than tobacco. I'm a physician and I can figure that out quickly and clearly. Then, they are lawyers and gov't workers......so who is in a fog? They still haven't figured out that America is sick of gov't trying to control our personal choices and freedoms. Barry Obama gave the FDA control over tobacco, and he now has less than 3 yrs. until he is voted OUT.

JinniVapour

Moved On
Dec 15, 2009
NYC
The more I learn about the FDA, big companies, our tax dollars, shady policies and unreasonable BAN-BEFORE-IT'S-BORN attacks.. The more I know those ridiculed conspiracy theorists are RIGHT IN EVERYTHING THAY SAY..

The FDA is just a puppet to big industries.. pharmaceuticals, tobacco, medical devices makers, etc..

You walk into a Wallgreens or a CVS..
What do you see on the shelves behind the cashier?! TOBACCO PRODUCTS...
What is next to these products?! TOBACCO CESSATION PRODUCTS..

Where are you again?! SUPPOSEDLY, A PHARMACY!!!

ONLY IN AMERICA LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! ONLY IN AMERICA..

LONG LIVE THIS CORPORATION, DEATH TO US ALL!

Krickster

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
texas
www.thecommerceguild.com
I'm all for capitalism and don't knock big corps all that often. I blame US! Yes, all of us for voting in these idiots who setup our govt to be manipulated in this manner.

That being said, I am simply bewildered by the big bacco companies take on e-cigs. They are constantly in tit4tats with the american people and even the govt at times. Why not embrace the e-cig and develop their own. They can then stop talking from both sides of their a&& (Philip Morris' Quit Smoking site - :lol:). Hell, they could even claim they are ushering in a new and historic tobacco free era. They can still make billions while drastically reducing the regulatory impacts on their business. Wouldn't it be ironic that then someday it would be The "Former" Big Tobacco Corps and us vapers against the pharmas? ;)

Just a thought.

Ken

"Keep your friends close and your enemies in your bed"

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
.... I am simply bewildered by the big bacco companies take on e-cigs. They are constantly in tit4tats with the american people and even the govt at times. Why not embrace the e-cig and develop their own.

Ken,

There is likely a little larger framework to the current situation which you may not be aware of ...yet. -- It's a very complex strategic game being played out here with entities having interests that escape the ability of most of us (including me) to fully visualize or comprehend within the larger scope of politics and money.

to wit:
United States Patent 7,400,940
McRae , et al. July 15, 2008

Method and apparatus for generating a volatilized liquid ---- Assignee: Philip Morris USA Inc. (Richmond, VA)

United States Patent: 7400940

cheers,
fisch ;)

oldlady

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Charleston, SC
OMG, I am trying 555 for the first time. This stuff is so good, it has got to be illegal--LOL!!

Seriously, though, if I were Phillip Morris or RJ Reynolds, I would be all over this e-cig thing. Even if I could not get a patent on a better "mousetrap/device," I could still manufacture and market the liquid!! Its the juice that is consumable! (Well, okay it seems the batteries are in constant turnover too (at least at my house), but they should be durables.)

As a political scientist, I definitely buy into the conspiracy stuff. Yes, some conspiracy theory stuff gets extreme. Often, the presentation is slanted--all evil--as in the Michael Moore films. Nevertheless, if you fact check, you will find there is almost always a thread of truth in a good conspiracy theory. I study this stuff like a doctor studies cancer. The elements of "corruption," "state capture," and "horse-trading" are absolutely true. This goes on everyday of the week. In the United States, it is what we have come to call "politics." Just, ask any politician. They are very upfront about it, especially when it comes to their opponents. And, don't blame the US voter, the voter is never presented with a better option. To get your name on the ballot, you have to play the game. It's that simple.

More frightening still, I have heard it on good authority from several "inside" sources, that this stuff is even worse at the state level than at the federal!

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
I believe it's the wrong approach to say, well, look at cigarettes, if we can't have e-cigs, then ban all cigarettes. nanner nanner. Makes enemies instantly of all smokers, and sounds whiney and petulant to smokers and non-smokers alike. The message needs to rise above, if I can't have my toy, I'm going to make sure you can't have yours either. Smaks of fascism. It's a turnoff. My opinion.

TTRP

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Ken,

There is likely a little larger framework to the current situation which you may not be aware of ...yet. -- It's a very complex strategic game being played out here with entities having interests that escape the ability of most of us (including me) to fully visualize or comprehend within the larger scope of politics and money.

to wit:
United States Patent 7,400,940
McRae , et al. July 15, 2008

Method and apparatus for generating a volatilized liquid ---- Assignee: Philip Morris USA Inc. (Richmond, VA)

United States Patent: 7400940

cheers,
fisch ;)

not to worry - continuation of a 2001 patent (which was a continuation of an earlier patent) ?? (do they need to be renewed every 7 years or every 10? i forget)

TTRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread