February 2012 1st Anniversary Proclamations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
Sorry I haven't posted much the past few (or more) months, but it's been a year since I last needed a match. From 3 PAD to zero, my anniversary was 2-10-12. I know there are others who hit the milestone this month... post here if you like.

This site, particularly this forum was an indespenable help on my journey to a smoke free life. I do feel guilty for not being around to encourage newcomers. Man, I posted like a wildman early on. You folks always took the time to respond, to advise and encourage me. I thank you for that. I will try to be more available.

I guess I really have forgotten about tobacco. On a sad note, my best friend passed on Saturday, very suddenly and unexpectedly. After a very difficult week and attending the tearful funeral yesterday, today I realized I never even thought about smoking. He was asking me about V4L and quitting the smokes. He was finally ready, but time and God saw otherwise and called him home.

This site, V4L and ecigs saved my life as far as I am concerned. The least I should do is to visit more often and be of whatever help I might be to others. I will do my best to be around more often. God bless each and every one of you. Celebrate! Life is too short not to!

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Welcome back, NoMatches. What a wonderful post. I'm sorry about your friend; may he rest in peace.

....and congrats on your success!

Congratulations.gif

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
Congrats NoMatches!!

Glad you dropped by...I love these threads!!!

Thanks all... for the replies and all the help you gave this newbie on the journey. I wonder if my bud Jim had found ecigs ten years ago and quit if he would still be with us. My guess is yes, he would be. He was almost 10 years older than I. Unlike me, he was also overwieght, which certainly did not help his chances, but if he had gotten off the cigs sooner... I'm pretty sure he would have had more time.

If anyone needs a reason to get tobacco free, how about staying alive another ten years? Or more?

I've sent a fair number of people to V4L for starter kits, the same way I started. When one finds something so important, so life saving, it would be a sin to keep it a secret. I don't recruit people, I found that never works, but when they ask... they are ready. Like my friend, he asked, but perhaps too late.

E cigs is saving lives, and improving the lives of people who want to quit. A true miracle, as are so many of you here. You all have my graditude trumped.

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
Nice to see you again NM, and I too am sorry about your friend. Your post awhile back about how you could never have another cig again still stays with me. You are a wonderful asset to the ecig community and hope you stop by more often. And congratz for staying off the cigs for a year!

That mantra... that approach... NEVER take that first puff ever again has worked for me. I'm never even te,pted anymore, but I am still vaping 36mg stuff. I need to work on lowering my nic levels. I'm in my happy place, no coughing, no temptation, food and my sense of smell are vastly improved, I could go on. That makes it more difficult to take on the challenge of lowering my nic levels.

I have settled into the V4L juices that feature peanut, chocoalte and caramel flavors. They haven't been tempting me with any freebie flavors lately, so I'm settled in very comfortably.

I think I've helped about 7 people quit, always suggesting a V4L starter kit as a great way to go. Most have gone with V4L. The least I could do for you fine folks.

TwistedInFresno

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
Fresno, CA
Congratulations!It's been a year for me too. I have to admit, when my next door neighbor goes outside for a smoke...it still smells good to me; but the temptation is minor...vaping is so much better in so many respects. So, while he shivers...or frys... outside, I sit in my nice comfy recliner NOT smelling my house up!

Last edited:

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
No matches : I have a suggestion on what helped me go from 24mg to 18 mg and which i will use this year to try to go to 11mg :) just order a little 24mg and start working it in thruout the day weaning yourself slowly .If you have been able to go without even 1 cig you can do this ! When i had trouble once i ordered one emergency bottle of 24mg and didnt even finish it ,it got me over the hump .
I still crave analogs and am not 100 free of it ..i now have 0-1 a day ,sometimes i go a few days without one but with the occasional 1.2 mg per day of a cig ,I still havent blown my nic level...i usually decide it tastes crappy and put it out after 1/2 the cig .I dont know what will happen to me ,but i'm still trying ...still better then my pk to pk and a half day habit .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread