few noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjohnson2

Feb 21, 2012
wi
hi guys, just got started with my new volt kit, loving it so far!

couple questions,

is it ok to leave the batteries on the charge after they are full? like if i plug them in before i go to bed that is OK? what about my pcc?

will the usb passthrough work through my car charger that i use for my phone? my lighter adapter has 2 usb ports on it, would be great if i could use one for my passthrough because i drive usually 3-4 hours every day.

will my car charger that i use now charge my pcc?

how bout this, i am looking to 100% kick analogs so i bought the big volt kit. right now i have:

wall to usb converter
usb battery charger
usb passthrough
mega pcc
2 batteries

i usually wake up about 7am and am gone from 8-5. how would you guys set up your routine for this schedule? every night charge 1 battery on the usb charger & the other in the pcc while i sleep if it wont damage them? would 2 batteries + the pcc w/ 3 spare carts get me through up to maybe 12-15hrs away from home? more/less?

if i can use my passthrough in my car as it stands then im not too worried, i just dont ever want to have to go back to analogs and am afraid if my batteries die or something !

thanks in advance :)

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am

couple questions,

is it ok to leave the batteries on the charge after they are full? like if i plug them in before i go to bed that is OK? what about my pcc?

will the usb passthrough work through my car charger that i use for my phone? my lighter adapter has 2 usb ports on it, would be great if i could use one for my passthrough because i drive usually 3-4 hours every day.

how bout this, i am looking to 100% kick analogs so i bought the big volt kit. right now i have:

wall to usb converter
usb battery charger
usb passthrough
mega pcc
2 batteries

i usually wake up about 7am and am gone from 8-5. how would you guys set up your routine for this schedule? every night charge 1 battery on the usb charger & the other in the pcc while i sleep if it wont damage them? would 2 batteries + the pcc w/ 3 spare carts get me through up to maybe 12-15hrs away from home? more/less?

if i can use my passthrough in my car as it stands then im not too worried, i just dont ever want to have to go back to analogs and am afraid if my batteries die or something !

Hi rjohnson2 ! and welcome :)
I would say you are fine charging your bats and leaving them on the charger over night. I'll have one on the charger at night, one fully charged in my PCC so the next day I'm ready to roll. You can charge both the Volt batt and PCC in your car as well.

I use my passthru on my cell charger in my truck and works great! It has two USB ports and I can charge a batt at the same time.
If I'm gone all day I have my PCC, two batts and four cartos.
Congrats on kickin the analogs! Good luck to you too! We're all here to support eachother:)

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
Yeah I never thought of using the car charger for my passthrough.. I've just been plugging the pcc into it.. lol.. Oops! Maybe it's better that way.. I'm not the luckiest driver anyway lol. I leave my batteries in the pcc overnight.. I just don't leave the pcc plugged in being charged. 3 new carts should be fine.. now 3 refilled ones.. I don't think that'll work.. I puff them out after a couple hours.. I usually also bring a bottle of juice with me so I can refill throughout the day if I do run out lol. Just make sure you don't leave any of the batteries in your car because cold will also drain them.

couple questions,

wall to usb converter
usb battery charger
usb passthrough
mega pcc
2 batteries

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
It's fine for the batteries to remain plugged in after they are charged they will shut off and stop accepting power. It is NOT ADVISED to ever leave any electronic plugged in and charging while unattended or sleeping in case of fire.

The passthrough will work in your car charger as long as it can output 1.5 amps... our car charger does :)

your car charger should have no issue charging the pcc :)

I would recommend having a spare battery for just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread