Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I haven’t posted much in a while except to add documents to posts regarding vaping. My perspective changed several months ago, I was just talking about the latest hardware, how to build and DIY. I realized that I could be spending my time a little differently, spreading the truth.

Don’t get me wrong, I still want to help other here learn how to build and get DIY going to quit cigarettes and the membership here, helping others is truly a noble cause.

But if we don’t start spreading the word people only get one side. I may be a little OCD but I search the web every day looking for negative articles and add comments using “True Studies”. Not the whole article but the pieces that drive the point home including the author and dates of the studies. I have also made it my personal goal to let people know about MSA and the fraud that goes by the name Stanton Glantz (see attached PDF, there are some great quotes).

When you see and article that is false leave a comment, people read them and maybe it will get them thinking. Use factual data and reference as much as you can to pass on the knowledge.

We are a huge network and many spend a ton of time on the net. Dedicate 15 – 30 minutes posting comments on new stories. Grassroots activism works and we have thousands of people here to spread the word.

Just a thought, I put my soapbox back in the closet.

Attachments

• Stanton Glantz.pdf
    308.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Major New Study Finds No Long Term Risks with Vaping.pdf
    243.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Long Term Vaping Causes No Negative Health Issues from Dr Riccardo Polosa.pdf
    165.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Heavy Metals found in Vapor, the real truth.pdf
    150.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Health impact of E-cigarettes Dr Polosa.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • New study comes the closest yet to proving that egigs safer than cigs.pdf
    372.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2018-01-headlines-vaping-cancer-wildly.pdf
    53 KB · Views: 8
  • Do Less Harm E-Cigarettes a Safer Option Than Smoking.pdf
    213.7 KB · Views: 6
  • PHE Evidence review of ecig 2018.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 5

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
A recent comment I posted responding to the fraud SG.

I remember when the media used to get the facts before publishing "news". I am a 25+ year smoker that quit using vaping.

People should take a closer look at Stanton Glantz. Glantz has no medical or scientific qualifications at all. It’s often reported that he did post-doctoral work in cardiology but this isn’t entirely true. He did do post-doctoral work on the human heart, but it was in Stanford’s Department of Applied Mechanics. This is part of the Department of Mechanical Engineering; they don’t study medicine there.

So let’s take a look at the other side, real medical professionals. 7th February 2018, 10:25 am | HOSPITALS have been urged to sell e-cigarettes — and even allow patients to vape in bed. Public health officials claim the controversial move would help boost efforts to quit smoking. New Government-backed advice from Public Health England says all smokers – including pregnant women - should be encouraged to switch to the devices to help slash deadly tobacco addiction. It comes despite previous research suggesting vaping could also be harmful to the unborn child. One Brit a minute is admitted to hospital due to cigarette use, with 79,000 in England killed annually. Public Health England said vaping was 200 times less likely to cause cancer than smoking. It also found no evidence passively inhaling fumes is a risk to those nearby.

Find the truth, Big Tobacco and Pharma do not want to see their revenue stream end and they will fight it at the expense of people. If you want real answers just look at the Master Settlement Agreement and the money paid to 46 States from 1999 to now...Billions! Vaping will break their piggy banks while saving millions of lives. Don't be Sheep, find the truth, it's easy.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Fluid dynamics are relevant to heart disease, because they study the flow of blood and the stresses on blood vessels, etc. If you don't know this, you just look ignorant by carping about Glantz's background. Just search PubMed for Glantz SA for his early stuff.
Home - PubMed - NCBI

However, his real specialty is propaganda and social engineering.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Thanks Carol but he does not maintain a PHD nor does he have the support of organizations that used to be supportive with regards to his position papers. Additionally I have read many of his early studies/finding (Ventricular stiffness) and the majority are based on combustible tobacco and it's impact. Very little is relevant to vaping and his finding so far are unsubstantiated, just the opposite as many true PHD's findings/studies are a bit on the opposite side of SG.

Like I said, do some research it is fairly easy. You know what they used to say "reading is Fun-demental".

From the entire article if you would have taken the time to read it. It's attached up above.

"Glantz’s other hobby horse, that e-cigarettes are as bad for the heart as smoking, will probably do him even more damage in the long run. He’s been speculating about this for a while, but recently he’s stepped it up by claiming that a new study supports him. The problem is, as Siegel points out, that this paper isn’t a study at all; it’s just a poster done by some medical students for a presentation.

This research also uses cross-sectional data, so can’t make any conclusions about cause and effect. Glantz has done exactly this, though, suggesting that he really doesn’t understand the difference between cross-sectional and longitudinal data. He’s also grabbed the wrong end of the stick. The data shows that vapers are 42% more likely to have had a heart attack than non-vapers. This is entirely believable; if a smoker suffers a heart attack, switching to vaping is a sensible thing to do (I did that myself).

By jumping on such a flimsy piece of “evidence” Glantz has completely abandoned any pretense of science; it’s now obvious that he’s simply an activist. Instead of studying the evidence to see what conclusions it leads to, he’s arrived at a conclusion and is looking for evidence that agrees with it.

It isn’t going unnoticed. Organizations that used to support him are becoming increasingly critical of his work. The Truth Initiative, which funds his chair at UCSF, has openly disagreed with Glanz’s statements on e-cigs leading to more smoking, while the American Cancer Society said, “The data in this study do not allow many of the broad conclusions that it draws.” That’s very close to an accusation of either incompetence or dishonesty."

But I appreciate you taking me to task when again your time could better served to support THR.

Last edited:

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Support THR? But you should be supporting it by knocking down their false claims of harm.
Tobacco Control scientific fraud: falsely blaming smoking for heart disease that's really caused by cytomegalovirus http://tinyurl.com/jmskkmz
NHANES: 40% of cardiovascular disease is due to CMV, with more among working class, which includes more smokers. http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/38/3/775.full
http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/38/3/787.long

As is well known, vapers tend to be former smokers, so the anti-smokers simply perpetrate the same frauds against vaping that they use against smoking.

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Marc, thanks for your efforts to educate the public about vaping.

I think CarolT is the only person on earth who believes smoking multiple cigarettes daily for decades does NOT cause diseases.
As anybody can see, that is purposely misstating what I say. Typical unscrupulous Tobacco Control behavior.

Reactions: stols001

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Marc, thanks for your efforts to educate the public about vaping.

I think CarolT is the only person on earth who believes smoking multiple cigarettes daily for decades does NOT cause diseases.

Appreciated Bill! I look/read a persons post history before engaging and the history shows that there is no need to engage further with some members. I will stay on my path and not be detoured by single minded individuals.

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread