Filling slotted/punched cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Probably the easiest way would be to just replace the tube if you have some cartos of the same size around without slots..usually it's pretty easy to get a tube off a carto by putting it on a eGo battery and firmly grabbing both the eGo and carto then "wiggling" it back and forth until the tube comes loose..then carefully remove the tube and put another one on..it best to use a vise to "press" the new tube back on carefully but if you have strong hands you can usually push it back on when it's on an eGo battery...

sandscards

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Broken Arrow, OK
From your question I guessed you wanted to know how to fill a carto to be used in a tank. I utilize a several methods to fill the carto. I start with the condom method which can be found on here. I then spin it a little, I think called the Tarin spin. I then fill with some drops from the top of the carto. Install it in the tank and do a few primer puffs without firing and then let sit a few minutes. Smoktech seem ready to go quicker and the Boge seem packed a little tighter to me and require a little more sitting to soak into the fiber to wet the coil.

sandscards

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Broken Arrow, OK
I forgot, after some primer puffs I blow gently into the mouthpiece and into a paper towel to clear the center tube of any liquid so that it won't gurgle and then do a primer puff right before vaping the first time. If the hole is in the right side and tank doesn't leak you should be good to go after that for the whole tank. Main thing is don't fire the carto without it being good and soaked. Once it fires and is dry and gets a burned taste it is done. Won't come out and you start all over. Good luck!

Sanity Challenged

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kalamazoo, MI
I fill first - before I punch. I don't like going through the trouble of punching and setting up a tank only to discover I have a DOA carto. So I fill it normally, vape it, and once I've decided it's good, then I punch it w/ a saddle valve and slide it into the tank.

Probably not recommended if you're slotting w/ a dremel, since wet filler would more likely collect more metal dust.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
From your question I guessed you wanted to know how to fill a carto to be used in a tank. I utilize a several methods to fill the carto. I start with the condom method which can be found on here. I then spin it a little, I think called the Tarin spin. I then fill with some drops from the top of the carto. Install it in the tank and do a few primer puffs without firing and then let sit a few minutes. Smoktech seem ready to go quicker and the Boge seem packed a little tighter to me and require a little more sitting to soak into the fiber to wet the coil.

Oh duh I totally misread that post..so disregard my other post as it was about replacing the tube lol...

I use CE2's in my tank so I fill them with a syringe but my 1st tanks I got came with dual coil cartos..so I filled the tanks by slipping in the carto up until there was only a little space between the top hole and the carto tube..then I either took the bottle and dripped in into the tank so the tip was against the tank hole until I got it as close to the top of the carto as I could or I slipped the syringe tip in between the carto and the hole and filled it about the same..The syringe being a lot quicker and easier. Then I dripped juice into the filler until it was saturated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread