finally another vw/tc tube mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
If you wanted a vw/tc tube mod you were obliged to splurge for a dicodes dani v2+. They are certainly worth the money, and I love mine. But if you don't want to spend that kind of money there seems to finally be another choice.

focalecig.com - Authentic Cigreen Titan 50W TC VW Tube Mod - Stainless Steel

Don't know if it's any good, as the only review I could find was in a language I don't understand :)
Description says 18650/18350, but pictures don't show it, so not sure if it actually provides 18350 size.
Anyone own one and can comment on quality etc.?

Last edited:
Reactions: OhTheAgony

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
That's pricey!
Better wait some feedback before pullin the trigger with this one.
Might get couple, since there aren't that many TC-tubes besides Dicodes.
Wondering about that 18350 though..Wondering if it is up to the task, they don't come much higher than 10A limit.

As far a I know there are exactly zero VW/TC tubes except the Dicodes ones, I agree this is a bit pricey for a chineze unknown mod but still alot cheaper than a Dicodes ;-)

The 18350 works perfectly in the Dicodes, but that only goes to 40W this to 50W and the chipset is probably not as good....so I agree it might be an issue if you go up to the higher wattages. The AW is, if I remember correctly, 14A, so best to use those I guess.

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
As far a I know there are exaclty zero VW/TC tubes except the Dicodes ones, I agree this is a bit pricey for a chineze unknown mod but still alot cheaper than a Dicodes ;-)

The 18350 works perfectly in the Dicodes, but that only goes to 40W this to 50W and the chipset is probably not as good....so I agree it might be an issue if you go up to the higher wattages. The AWR is, if I remember correclty, 14A, so best to use those I guess.
I think you mean AW, not AWR? AW is a quality brand (rewraps, but a-bin batteries honest cd values), AWT is a rewrapper that does that inflates values.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: drugarth

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I did a quick check with my Dani and the screen layout is the same as the Dicodes layout. But the menu is entirely different. It also lacks alot of features compared to the Dicodes (TCR, powerboost etc.).
So it's not the same chipset, but who knows maybe they're manufacturing a cheaper less advanced one for them...that would be great :) But I'm afraid they would certainly have put that up in bold in their advertisements, so I guess it's wishfull thinking.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread