Finally found vaping nirvana

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucvarian

Jun 4, 2013
United States
I'm very new to the vaping world and this being my first post on this forum, I thought I'd share how I came to vaping and my experience so far.
I restarted smoking after a 20-year hiatus (dumb, I know, but the stress of divorce, job changes, kids, etc.) After almost a year of smoking and hating the smell and the effect it had on others, I decided to give e-cigs a try. I did the usual over the counter at a convenience store thing and bought a disposable NJoy. Wasn't too bad, but I was vaping wrong (as I've since learned) and the batteries on those things die FAST. So I decided to buy a kit.
The first kit I bought (about two weeks ago) was from a local Denver, CO brick and mortar place. Not knowing the market price of things on the internet, and not knowing a lot at all about e-cigs, I spent WAY too much money on a 510 kit with two small batteries. Much better than those disposables, but I still wasn't getting what I wanted out of them. The batteries didn't last as long as I wanted (I was chain vaping like crazy) and I was going through their own juice pretty fast, so I wasn't saving money.
Then I decided to do some research and found this forum. Somehow I chanced upon S & S Mods and bought their EGo kit. Wow, what a difference!!!! For a newbie like me, I found my vaping nirvana. And it cost a third of what I spent locally. Plus the owners of S & S Mods were incredibly helpful and their service was killer. I'll definitely be doing business with them in the future.
So apart from feeling initially ripped off by the local brick and mortar store, vaping has been wonderful. I don't smell and can work through the day without feeling like a slacker for taking so many cig breaks. Anyway, just wanted to share.

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
welcome to the forum. Glad you made it, however expensive initially.
I spend about £1 a week on juice as i make my own.
I spend about 2p on atomizers a week as i re-wire my own of these too.
All thanks to the information on this forum.
I've only been vaping since January but this forum made me more experienced in no time at all.
Welcome.

bastonjock

Jun 9, 2013
lincolnshire
I've only been vaping since January but this forum made me more experienced in no time at all.
Welcome.

good for you wee man or big man as it may be, dont want these foreign chappies thinking that we are becoming loose with our cash

langmayertankreek:toast:

nucvarian

Jun 4, 2013
United States
Welcome.
I've been learning a LOT from this forum. Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I can see this really turning into a hobby of sorts. I'm a gadget geek and these are fun gadgets!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Welcome to the forum. I haven't been here long but boy... it's like a library of information and a good place to share as well.

My local B&M store is a bit overpriced compared to online shops, too. But there's something to be said about the convenience of a five minute drive vs. a 3-5 day wait that you pay for in shipping. An Evod tank, for example, sets you back about $5-$7 plus shipping online. At my local joint, the same unit is $10 plus tax. Six of one, a half dozen of the other. It's also good to have someone there to answer questions and if they have a "try before you buy" deal, it's even better.

Don't give up on your local guy, especially now that you're a much more educated consumer.

nucvarian

Jun 4, 2013
United States
Welcome to the forum. I haven't been here long but boy... it's like a library of information and a good place to share as well.

My local B&M store is a bit overpriced compared to online shops, too. But there's something to be said about the convenience of a five minute drive vs. a 3-5 day wait that you pay for in shipping. An Evod tank, for example, sets you back about $5-$7 plus shipping online. At my local joint, the same unit is $10 plus tax. Six of one, a half dozen of the other. It's also good to have someone there to answer questions and if they have a "try before you buy" deal, it's even better.

Don't give up on your local guy, especially now that you're a much more educated consumer.
I agree with you completely. I should have specified that I chose the wrong local brick and mortar place. It's the only one open regular hours though, so that's why I went there. But as a comparison, I spent almost $100 on my small 510 kit plus 1/2 ounce of juice, while I spent total about $40 on a great EGo kit and lots more juice. So the lesson I learned is to do the research! :) . There are some very highly rated Denver sellers though, but they keep odd store hours and I haven't been able to sync their schedules with mine.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
There are some very highly rated Denver sellers though, but they keep odd store hours and I haven't been able to sync their schedules with mine.

Kids these days. Work when they want to, play all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread