Finally got it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutarush

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
pennsylvania
Can't wait for bats to charge so I can fire this bad boy up. A lot smaller than I expected (a good thing in my book), and the finish is great.

Also immediately made my first attempt EVAR at building a coil. Not as pretty as a lot of you guys, but maybe one day. Measured at 1.7, think it was 9 wraps around 1/16 drill bit with 30g kanthal. Have to wait til the batterys good to see how it works, but no short is a plus.

As you can see I couldnt resist a test squonk :p

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Very nice coil for first attempt. It is tweakable though. Some things that will change the vape, not neccisarily better but different, coil positioned higher, coil moved forward closer to airhole, coils all touching each other, more/less wraps, bigger/smaller wire.....I'm sure you'll be WOW'd with that coil compared to what you are used to. But with all the free time you'll have now, monkeying with your coil might become your favorite past time. BTW, you should do some hand modeling to finance more Reo's!

wutarush

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
pennsylvania
Bats finished real quick, must have had a pretty full charge to them already I guess. The flavor on this vape is AMAZING as well as throat hit. Vapor is about the same I'm used to (not a bad thing just nothing special) but I'm positive that is related to my coil building skills. I see myself loving this thing for a long time.

BTW, you should do some hand modeling to finance more Reo's!

It's funny you say that, I get told the same thing all the time. My first two gf's both claimed my hands were what first attracted them to me. Always thought that was odd but I don't knock a compliment lol.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
It doesn't really look like yoru cotton is terribly overstuffed, unless it's soaked up and gotten bigger since you took that pic. You may have cinged it and may just need to replace it.

Really though I'm gonna guess that left side leg is the culprit. When you fire the coil with no wick does that curly left leg glow at all?

ForeverTwoWheels

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Peculiar
I'm getting a lot of burning with the wick to the point I'm having to squonk after every hit. Any suggestions?
It's been all trial and error for me with the cotton(best flavor I've ever had). I think it requires a dense roll with very little resistance while pulling it through the coil, and just a bit of extending past the coil so that on one side it barely touches the bottom and on the side with the hole not touching the bottom.

Sometimes a wick will last me 3 days sometimes 3 minutes.

I also pull the coil up so juice can run back down the hole.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
It looks like the coil is sitting too low to me. Try raising it up so the bottom of it is just above the edge of well. Does your airhole line up with it just right?

I didn't notice that at first but yeah.. I agree

Try lifting it up a bit so air will flow all around it, or at least hit it square in the coil

wutarush

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
pennsylvania
Ok scrapped it and gave it another go. Kept it higher off the base, more uniform legs, and a little lighter on the cotton. Also added a couple wraps, this ones at 2.2. It's working much better thanks guys!!! How's it lookin?

Oh and I think I'm getting the airhole positioned right but I'm not sure. Supposed to be as close as possible to the coil itself right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread