FDA Finally got to see a local shop trying to do something..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
I live in Michigan, in the down river area. There is a pretty healthy amount of local vape shops and lounges around here. I visit a lot of these shops pretty frequently, if even just to hang with people of like mind and try out some of the new stuff out there.

In the last couple of weeks I've noticed the vape shops around here are largely unconcerned with the regulations, or seemingly so. When ever I bring them up or ask them what steps they are going to take they mostly shrug and say things like 'we just have to wait it out, and see what happens'. This is their business, how the hell could they take a stance like this.. If all the vapor shops would just band together and fight it would really go a long way.

On the positive side, I have to give mad props to Kalamazoo vape shop. They are around the corner from me pretty much, and I stopped in there yesterday to pick up a couple of batteries. They have a stack of pre-typed letters and envelopes set out, addressed to Debbie Stabenow (Michigan rep) asking her to support HR-2058. It's a very good read and eloquently spoken letter. Customers literally only have to take 20 seconds of their time to sign a letter and put their return address on an envelope. They pay to send it for you.

It's little things like that, that can greatly help to influence things the way we NEED them to go. I just don't understand why all of the shops aren't at least taking small measures like this.

-Manny-

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Have no doubt, the ones doing nothing now will be crying "unfair" and profanities the loudest if the outcome is not to their liking. Pointing fingers at everyone around them except, themselves. Ignorance is Bliss they say....until you Know how ignorant you were. haha.
Too bad so sad would be my reply at that point. Cheers.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Starting 8/8 there may be inspections of any place where mixing for resale is going on. The FDA may decide the facility is not adequate for that purpose and say no more mixing for resale. On the same date free sampling is apparently banned but may be not if the free sample has zero nic. Anybody caught breaking the rules will be water boarded and sent back to Syria, even if they didn't come from there.

Reactions: BuGlen

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
Most ecig businesses started to get in and out. Make their money which they have 10-fold. Do you really think these people will fight? Few are those who are past smokers who realize the potential of the technology. All they were interested in is the money. Welcome to America.

Most businesses, in general, get in to make money. How many businesses today get in for the love of it, or passion? That doesn't mean they can't be proactive on trying to save their businesses. I'm not disagreeing at all, I actually agree, somewhat. However, alot of these places are mom and pop places, owned by 1 or 2 people (oftentimes a family) that did in fact invest in it to make money. I don't think the amount they have made back is necessarily 10-fold either. Brick and mortar shops have overhead that some strictly online juicers don't. Most of them around these parts aren't some huge conglomerate that makes millions of dollars. They also have alot of competition now too, the industry in general is flooded now.

The point is, I don't think they all got into this thinking they could make a quick buck in a year and whatever happens, happens. That's nonsensical. However, maybe you are right, considering how nonsensical they are being as far as being proactive.

-Manny-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread