Finally pensioned off my iSticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I knew they wouldn't last for ever, but I got three and a half years out of them and so I can't complain especiallly as some of them went through an Andalsian summer with temperatures of 140 F during the days and around 90 F overnight.

About 18 months ago I bought a Pico to try as a possible replacement for the Old Soldiers. It worked well for me, proved reliable and felt good in the hand so I added three more to the stable earlier this year as the iSticks faded away, their screens getting dimmer and their abilty to hold a charge diminishing.

Dropping into the vape shop in Fuengirola earlier in the week for base liquid I saw the resin Picos on sale at discount, fell for one and liked it ... much so that I was back yesterday for another two while the Sale continued.

That's me finished buying for a while now, but I have to say I do love the look of these things!
80.jpg

Last edited:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I knew they wouldn't last for ever, but I got three and a half years out of them and so I can't complain especiallly as some of them went through an Andalsion summer with temperatures of 140 F during the days and around 90 F overnight.

About 18 months ago I bought a Pico to try as a possible replacement for the Old Soldiers. It worked well for me, proved reliable and felt good in the hand so I added three more to the stable earlier this year as the iSticks faded away, their screens getting dimmer and their abilty to hold a charge diminishing.

Dropping into the vape shop in Fuengirola earlier in the week for base liquid I saw the resin Picos on sale at discount, fell for one and liked it ... much so that I was back yesterday for another two while the Sale continued.

That's me finished buying for a while now, but I have to say I do love the look of these things! View attachment 806219
Does that last one have 23 -24 mm atty? Looks bigger, ,saw a few Spanish video the other day getting 24mm atty on them... Then put the battery cap on,,, has to be atty that has sides going straight up, or leans in.

Anyway,, I think you will love your collection :)

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Just pinched my wife's measuring tape - the Outlaw's Enforcer (dripper) is 23mm and you can see how it just fits without overhang and the air vents are towards the top.

With my Nautilus Minis the cap does obscure sight of the bottom air vents but but not how they draw and 81.jpg the settings click into place quite noticeably so I've never found it to be a problem.

• Winner
Reactions: kross8

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Just pinched my wife's measuring tape - the Outlaw's Enforcer (dripper) is 23mm and you can see how it just fits without overhang and the air vents are towards the top.

With my Nautilus Minis the cap does obscure sight of the bottom air vents but but not how they draw and View attachment 806221 the settings click into place quite noticeably so I've never found it to be a problem.
Wow,, thanks for the info! I had to guess at what the guys in the video were saying,, it was all Spanish,,, I took Spanish in hs... But it was a very good year socially :) I did just well enough to get a B and move on

Reactions: Falconeer

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I get about a day and a half out of a battery - vaping about 5 -6 mls of juice a day, with coils of 1.6 or 1.8 running at 8 - 10 watts.

Daft I know - but just to keep things co-ordinated I dug one of the old Vivi Novas out of my emergency stash ( it's the yellow one in the pix ) - its coil is 2.5 Ohms... how we rocked back in the day!

I've got it running at 3.7 volts/5.4 watts - it'll be interesting to see how long the battery in that one will last.

Sizewise we are restricted to 2 ml tanks in the EU, so really wide ones have never come into the picture for me - the old Vivi is pre TPD and holds 3.5 but again is about the same width as a Nautilus Mini.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
I get about a day and a half out of a battery - vaping about 5 -6 mls of juice a day, with coils of 1.6 or 1.8 running at 8 - 10 watts.

Daft I know - but just to keep things co-ordinated I dug one of the old Vivi Novas out of my emergency stash ( it's the yellow one in the pix ) - its coil is 2.5 Ohms... how we rocked back in the day!

I've got it running at 3.7 volts/5.4 watts - it'll be interesting to see how long the battery in that one will last.

Sizewise we are restricted to 2 ml tanks in the EU, so really wide ones have never come into the picture for me - the old Vivi is pre TPD and holds 3.5 but again is about the same width as a Nautilus Mini.
You or a friend needs to visit USA get bigger tanks,,, even if you have to take them a part and pack the parts in dif suitcases

Reactions: r77r7r

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
You or a friend needs to visit USA get bigger tanks,,, even if you have to take them a part and pack the parts in dif suitcases

I do appreciate the thought... but, and this is a big but, - roll back two and a half years and Gerry is discovered back in Scotland as his wife had slipped in Spain and broke her wrist when she fell onto a hard marble floor.

He has been well satisfied with his Nautilus Minis, but TDP has not yet come in, and, he has heard two things on ECF - (1) Aspire's new Triton tank is the greatest thing since sliced bread and (2) Aspire's Nautilus is still the geatest thing since sliced bread. Both of these wonders beyond wonder are the old full sized tanks.

One Saturday he fires up the motor and heads to Kelso where he purchases the big Triton with it's top fill and wide open draw and finds it indeed is wonderful; it gives mega nic hits.

Next Saturday he wanders down the High Street and purchases a big Nautilus, which is an instant leaker. He takes it back gets an instant replacement... and finds it too is also a great nic hitter.

Within four weeks both leak all the juice he has filled them with within 30 mintes of filling.

He returns to the Mini versions of each - three and a half years later his orginal Nautilus Mini is still in service. Until they hit the deck in Spain in December and January just gone, both his Triton Minis had given immaculate service. These two have since been replaced from the last dealer in the UK to have stock left of these superb, IMHO, atties.

I tend to stick with winning soutions; I note that Plusardo has revamped his latest collaboration tank to a smaller model ... to solve certain leaking problems.

Many thanks for the suggestion, but the TPD models really don't give me problems and I'm quite happy to stick with them while coils for them are still available.

When they no longer are I'll buy a Reo and go 100% squonking using Origen Little atties and clones thereof.

Will the Picos become redundant? - no ... I have what I guess are 10 years worth of GS Airs and their coils stockpiled - I'll be 69 in a couple of weeks; these should see me out!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
for the price you cant beat isticks

I can't disagree with that - but Picos are more stable in the Land of Hard Tiled and Marble Floors, wherein I reside and bide for 6 months of the year and replacement batteries are even cheaper ... albeit that E Fests are the norm - not that that matters to me who is a Tootle Puffer and uses coils that never go below 1 Ohm.

Reactions: TraderX

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
I do appreciate the thought... but, and this is a big but, - roll back two and a half years and Gerry is discovered back in Scotland as his wife had slipped in Spain and broke her wrist when she fell onto a hard marble floor.

He has been well satisfied with his Nautilus Minis, but TDP has not yet come in, and, he has heard two things on ECF - (1) Aspire's new Triton tank is the greatest thing since sliced bread and (2) Aspire's Nautilus is still the geatest thing since sliced bread. Both of these wonders beyond wonder are the old full sized tanks.

One Saturday he fires up the motor and heads to Kelso where he purchases the big Triton with it's top fill and wide open draw and finds it indeed is wonderful; it gives mega nic hits.

Next Saturday he wanders down the High Street and purchases a big Nautilus, which is an instant leaker. He takes it back gets an instant replacement... and finds it too is also a great nic hitter.

Within four weeks both leak all the juice he has filled them with within 30 mintes of filling.

He returns to the Mini versions of each - three and a half years later his orginal Nautilus Mini is still in service. Until they hit the deck in Spain in December and January just gone, both his Triton Minis had given immaculate service. These two have since been replaced from the last dealer in the UK to have stock left of these superb, IMHO, atties.

I tend to stick with winning soutions; I note that Plusardo has revamped his latest collaboration tank to a smaller model ... to solve certain leaking problems.

Many thanks for the suggestion, but the TPD models really don't give me problems and I'm quite happy to stick with them while coils for them are still available.

When they no longer are I'll buy a Reo and go 100% squonking using Origen Little atties and clones thereof.

Will the Picos become redundant? - no ... I have what I guess are 10 years worth of GS Airs and their coils stockpiled - I'll be 69 in a couple of weeks; these should see me out!
Lol.i understand,, years ago I worked for a Norwegian shipping Co,,, those crazy lads had me shopping all over Houston for stuff that had not swam that far yet..... Old habit for me. I remember 1who tried everything to take American beef jerky home,,, found it to be less gooy than lamb/goat leg... And a Capt who bought a Harley I found him cheap,,, he forgot to do the declaration paper work and had to keep the bike onboard until he could meet up with his ex in Brazil :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread