Not open for further replies.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Slants is finally retiring. I'm betting he was asked to leave.

"Stanton Glantz, the longtime anti-tobacco (and anti-vaping) activist, has retired from the University of California-San Francisco. The resignation came without warning and is effective immediately."

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It seems to me Glantz real goal was to totally discredit all science in every field. I'm a college boy, Philosophy, and know what to expect from academics. It should be about a fearless search for the truth. Glantz is not remotely about that. It would have sucked to have him on my campus, a total jerk.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Slants is finally retiring. I'm betting he was asked to leave.

"Stanton Glantz, the longtime anti-tobacco (and anti-vaping) activist, has retired from the University of California-San Francisco. The resignation came without warning and is effective immediately."

Well FINALLY !!!

One Half Step in Front of the Ethics Probe(s). And probably 2 or 3 Steps behind the Lawsuit(s).

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
"But even though his work was broadly criticized by other scientists and harm reduction advocates, its influence on public opinion and legislation seemed more important to him than maintaining his reputation as a careful scientist."

Such naivete. Glantz got all those 40 million dollars from the FDA and NIH to crank out anti-vaping propaganda, just as he earlier received untold millions to crank out anti-smoking propaganda. UCSF and its ilk only care about that moolah, not about the science. His supposed "reputation as a careful scientist" has never existed and would be irrelevant if it did.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"But even though his work was broadly criticized by other scientists and harm reduction advocates, its influence on public opinion and legislation seemed more important to him than maintaining his reputation as a careful scientist."

I posted this about Slantz earlier Today in the Deeming Thread...

There Isn’t One Single Person on this Planet that has Done More to Negatively Impact e-Cigarettes and THR Policies than Slantz.

Be it through the abuse of his position as a Principle Investigator for the NIH Tobacco Regulatory Science Program. Or from the Non-Stop Parade of Overtly Biased and in Many Cases Blatantly False “Studies”. Or from the Constant Litany of False and Misleading Statements he has made to Policy Makers, the Media, and the General Public.

And even after Numerous High Profile Publication Retractions, and Multiple Lawsuits involving Sexual Misconduct and Professional Ethics Violations, Slantz’s influence is still used as a Justification for e-Cigarette/e-Liquid Restrictions and Bans on the Local and State Level across the Country. As well as with the WHO and with other Nations Health Policies.

His Departure from UCSF was Too Long in the Coming. And the Damage that Slantz has done will be Felt for Years to come.

Because Slantz is a Malignant Cancer that has Not Only Tarnished the name of UCSF. But also the Scientific Research Community in General.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread