Finding out what flavors work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niagara

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Niagara
Boy with steep learning curve and costs, not aside from nervous anticipation your going to finally beat a gigantic enemy in tobacco finding what works for you in ejuice flavors seems to me the hardest thing about ecigs.

I have unfortunately bought many flavors that totally work and more then that amount that haven't.

Important lesson's learned I hope to pass to new E cig converts:

Lesson 1 Your tastes will differ from most reviewers and posters. Buy on gut over emotion response to their reviews.

Lesson 2 What you think you will like, you wont. ( at least for me)

Lesson 3 What tastes good in food doesn't necessarily vap well in smoke. ( Example Root-beer, my favorite soda, least favorite vap so far!!!)

Lesson 4 Find one you like, buy it in decent quantity, then only buy secondary flavors in sample sizes and uses atomizers and carts without tanks to try them. I bought way to many 30ml sizes of crap i hated upon first vap.

Lesson 5 Steeping is a reality of this biz especially in custom made to order e juices. Surprisingly some china juice was better out of bottle immediately then some high end well recommended flavors people here rave about. SO if it tastes funky toilet cleaner or perfume like,, let it sit out for a week to oxidize abit. Kind of like why we decant great red wines, just longer.

Lesson 6 Price does not equal quality every time, but sometimes it does. My 3 favs so far, in 30 ml sizes range from $7.95 to $23.95. One is $30 for 180ml. So there is quality to be found and deserved for quality USA made ingredients, but heck i have some premade cheap juice I love to.

Lesson 7 E cig addiction breaking from analog cigs does NOT require you to keep smoking tobacco flavors. I smoked some Apollo 180mah minis for a week before going to mods and cartos. I haven't had another tobacco and don't even really love tobaccos unless heavily flavored. I have tried a few small bottles of what folks here consider the kings of Tobacco ejuice and,, Mah,, they were just ok.

Lesson 8 Sweet flavors of deserts seem to provide creature comforts in nic wrapping you wouldn't have guessed. I was never a sweet tooth, prefer another steak over desert type of guy. I love sissy drink flavors, crazy pie stuff, etc I wouldn't have figured i would.

Lesson 9 Dont run out of something you like, hence find 30 ml of something you like quick, running out is a ......

Lesson 10 If you find yourself lucky enough to have local shop ( find out with a simple post here) go in and try samples in their shop vapping your ... off for hours, boy that cuts down learning curve on finding you vap taste buds!!!

Hope this helps fellow newbies like I was 4 weeks ago. I am not embarrassed to say that i have spent more time researching this new hobby on 5-6 weeks then i do on large investments worth money, but then again my health which is invaluable!!!

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Also, watch for vape meets in your area. If there is one, GO! Vendors will often supply sample juices and it is a quick way to see what you like and don't like. I took all my juices with me to our meet in case anyone wanted to try some and others did the same. We ended up making trades with each other and then divided up the vendors juices when we left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread