Finding propylene glycol PG locally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
Pretty much every *real* feed & seed store around here sells it. By "real", I mean that actual ranchers and farmers buy their stuff there, not suburban gardeners. If you're in a city, you'll probably have to go out to the country to find one (mine's a half-hour drive away).

They'll know exactly what it is and won't ask or care why you want it. The smallest quantity they'll sell is a gallon, for a little more than $20.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
If you don't have to have it today, it's way better and cheaper to just order from Vaporrenew.com and spring for their 5.95 flat rate. With gas being the price it is now and still rising, figure it out and see if that would be better for the type car you own according to MPG you get. Considering that it comes right to your door and they have pretty fast service, that's what I would do.

Another idea: I've been considering buying a Prime Rate membership from Amazon for $79 which gives you free shipping. They sell almost ANYTHING. And they're always cheaper than anybody else. OR they have an alternative where you get free shipping if you buy $25 worth of product. I have an ECF friend who lives waaaay out in the sticks and was snowed in for three months. She bought everything from amazon.com and then just walked to her mailbox on the main road that was cleared from snow. Gotta be careful in your choices though, as some stuff is sold by 3rd party and is not covered in the Plan.

DmdJoe

Mar 10, 2011
atlanta
You can buy Propylene Glycol at Walgreen or Walmart, but it only comes in really small containers. Just order it online. Do a google search for Food Grade Glycol and 5 to 10 places pop up. Some places even offer free shipping. There are many sources. The tractor supply stores have PG USP that is commonly used for treating cattle ketosis.

A few notes, Propylene Glycol comes in 2 forms. The most common one is a vegetable based. Vegetable based means the glycerol that was used to produce the propylene glycol was a by product of a vegetable based product (soybeans or a biodeisel vegetable based product) rather then from chicken fat or animal lard. I suggest making sure it is Vegetable based for ECigs....

Also, always make sure your Propylene Glycol is labeled USP. This grade is safe for consumption. Also, as a double check, make sure to buy a Kosher grade. The bottle should have a OU copyright stamp. This looks like a U with a circle around it. This means it has been blessed by a rabbi and it is safe for food consumption. There is a lot of folks selling PG out there that are repackaging it and are not conforming to USP packaging requirements. The kosher certificate must match the bottle label and not a 3rd party kosher reference. This will ensure you are dealing with a company that knows what they are doing on repackaging PG from tankers to drums to bottles.

Thanks Again Everyone

I decided to order some pg online for like $16 bucks for 500 ml. from Nic vape. I also added some to my order from Freedom Smoke Usa. Tractor Supply Store is about 45 mins away. I will see how long my current supply lasts then make a decision if I will find a reason to go to TS. VG there is no problem finding. I will check at Walmart again gor Pg but last time I didn't see it. Can't imagine that you would have to ask for it.

I alsom made up some juices for myself and am currntly letting them steep for a few days. I hear they get better tasting the longer they steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread