Fire extinguisher mod build

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharryn

May 20, 2015
I work for a fire equipment company and got an idea while getting rid of some old extinguishers today. I grabbed a 2.5pound extinguisher that I'm going to use for a box. My only problem is I've never built a mod before. I know to be safe I need mosfets and fuses and stuff but I'd like to know exactly what I need to get and maybe a wiring diagram would be nice. I was thinking I would get 4 dual 18650 battery sleds and wire them so there's 2 sets wired parallel and wire them together in series so i could have 8.4 volts and still have good battery life. If anyone with more expierience building mods could tell me what parts i need and how to wire this up it would be greatly appreciated.

pharryn

May 20, 2015
I'm wanting it to look like a normal extinguisher with an atty screwed to where the nozzle would go when I'm done with it. Everything will be contained inside and I'm going to make the handle operate the fire button. But we do systems too so maybe if i find an old alarm pull box laying around in the shop I'll make another mod out of it. It is a pretty cool idea.

pharryn

May 20, 2015
Well I thought about that but them id have to buy a charger for the lipo, but I guess that would be a good excuse for me to get an rc car again to mess around with. Also I was thinking unregulated because of the simplicity but having a way to adjust voltage would be nice. Like some type of potentiometer or however its spelled. Would i be able to make something like that work? thanks for the help and advice man.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Well, you could do a raptor or okr chip. Mamu in the mod section is the master of those. I honestly wouldn't do that many batteries. I have a mosfet fired box with 3 18650s and it is overkill.
Lets just say your going to drive the crap out of it:2-in parallel IRLB3034PBF International Rectifier | Mouser
1049 Keystone Electronics | Mouser (I wouldn't attempt more than four and they should be all the same and all new)
MHP-TA15-9-77 TE Connectivity / Raychem | Mouser fuses(one for each battery)
Oh and a 15k resister for the mosfets (only need one for both mosfets)
You can use pretty much any switch. Should last a quite a while and be safe.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Any modders on here this morning that could help me out? Any direction i could get would be greatly appreciated

Well for what you're talking about maybe you'd be interested in what I do and just plug into the wall.

I actually only use 15 watts maybe 20 most of the time but my ac/dc adapters go up to 40 watts, and the voltage options are 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9 and 12. magnetics usa is the brand.
Of course if you just jump to straight 12 volts as a power source things get a lot easier in terms of options on the battery side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread