firebreather build

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
anyone else tried this?

basically, i built a dragon nano coil on my trusty nimbus (i use it for experimenting), each coil 10 wraps, 28 gauge kanthal on a syringe needle, came out to 0.5 ohm total. got a pretty good amount of vapor, somewhat muted flavor, just like everyone says to expect with a dragon nano. the crossing streams of vapor is definitely very cool.

i was vaping away and thought to myself, this is kind of stupid... one of the first rules in sub-ohming (besides battery safety, which is, of course, THE first rule in sub-ohming) is that you need proper airflow on the coils, and the dragon nano completely cuts off the airflow by blocking one end of each coil.

i decided that the best way to maximize airflow would be to un-block both ends, and line up the coils with the airholes on the top cap, effectively creating a tube from the airholes, through the coils, to the center of the nimbus. kind of like a chimney coil on a kayfun, i suppose.

holy smokes, batman! this thing rips like nothing i've ever vaped before! massive, thick clouds of vapor, intense flavor, and the draw is surprisingly smooth (it doesn't have the 'bite' that the dragon coil has). i'm thinking about doing a quad on my helios, but the dual at 0.5 ohm already tears through juice like a 0.25 ohm coil...

pic below - you can see that the coils are the same height as the holes on the top cap, and that there's a clear path for air through both of the coils.

sv6s5vZjWVCv1fHEGc5lwtrocAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread