Fireluke Triple Mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Just curious as to what everyone thinks about when it comes to washing coils. I have two FreeMax tanks and i use either the FreeMax Mesh Pro triple or quad. When i notice the taste getting muted or sometimes if i want to go from a dessert flavour to a fruit or candy i will rinse under hot water. I find that i can usually get another week to up to 10 days after doing this. Does anyone else do this or have any tips? Thanks.
Edit: The reason i am asking is because i traded some juice for a UFORCE tank and i put a Fireluke triple mesh coil in it with some dark coffee like juice called Da Vinci Code but i want to switch it to a fruit flavour. I may just dump it in because i am feeling lazy today.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The Uforce tank isn’t compatible with Freemax mesh pro coils. Many many moons ago I tried to clean factory coils and wasn’t happy with the results so I stopped. I use rebuildables,which is what you should try, and have factory drop in coil tanks for when I’m lazy. I get several weeks out of the Freemax fireluke coils I use so I figure that’s long enough and I make no effort to clean them after the taste starts sucking.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
If you want to clean and reuse a coil, take it out of the tank first. You can use hot water or ethyl alcohol (I just use cheap vodka) Soak it and gently move it around a bit. It needs to dry for hours! (that's why I use alcohol... it dries faster) If the coil (and wick) are not too messed up this will help, but sometimes they just can't be saved. Another way to switch flavors is to vape most of the tank, dump it, put in some unflavored juice and vape it awhile, dump that and then fill with the new juice. You can get unflavored juice very cheap (or if you ever want to try DIY just make your own)

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
The Uforce tank isn’t compatible with Freemax mesh pro coils. Many many moons ago I tried to clean factory coils and wasn’t happy with the results so I stopped. I use rebuildables,which is what you should try, and have factory drop in coil tanks for when I’m lazy. I get several weeks out of the Freemax fireluke coils I use so I figure that’s long enough and I make no effort to clean them after the taste starts sucking.
Thanks for the reply. I traded the tank for a few bottles of juice. The person i traded with made me aware that it was compatible with the Fireluke but not the Pro Mesh. I have a VandyVape Pulse BF with a Wotofo Profile, but sometimes it's too much vapor in the house and i live in Canada and it's too damn cold to go outside to vape lol. Although to be fair the Pro Max quad and triple mesh are cloudy as well...lol

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
If you want to clean and reuse a coil, take it out of the tank first. You can use hot water or ethyl alcohol (I just use cheap vodka) Soak it and gently move it around a bit. It needs to dry for hours! (that's why I use alcohol... it dries faster) If the coil (and wick) are not too messed up this will help, but sometimes they just can't be saved. Another way to switch flavors is to vape most of the tank, dump it, put in some unflavored juice and vape it awhile, dump that and then fill with the new juice. You can get unflavored juice very cheap (or if you ever want to try DIY just make your own)
Thanks for the reply. I forgot about watching one of the youtube reviewers using an unflavored juice that was specifically for when you want to change flavours. I think she took 4 or 5 drags of it then put a different flavour in and she said it worked really well. I sometimes will wash a triple or a quad Mesh Pro. I use tongs and run it under hot water for a few minutes then let it sit for at least a day or 2. I've gotten some extra life out of quite a few coils this way.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
There is no juice made to remove flavours. That is a juice maker marketing non-flavoured juice. You can buy the ingredients much cheaper.

I have tried many methods to remove old flavouring – all have an equal result but differ in duration. To remove a mild flavoured juice, a over night water or vodka bath is just as successful as running the coil under warm water where you can create a bit of pressure and force water through the wick. A slight detection of old flavour may remain but if your new juice is strong it could overcome that old flavour within a few drags. But if the old juice was strong, it is possible it will remain for the remaining life of the coil. Vaping a non flavoured juice will have similar results – the outcome is still a gamble depending on how strong your previous flavour was.

I say save your vodka for martinis, using it for anything else other than drinking is considered alcohol abuse. Which is a punishable offense in Canada. And if you drink enough martinis you will not care what your juice tastes like. That I can confirm!!

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
@Punk In Drublic , yes, make your own unflavored juice (very soon this might be necessary anyway?)
Also, yes... some flavors don't go away (like chai tea!) I would suggest to start with the milder flavors and work up to the stronger ones (doing the unflavored between)
Hey, it's not "alcohol abuse" if I still drink it after soaking the coil :shock:
I have gone straight from one flavor to another with the purpose of seeing how they work together... one gradually combines with the other (follow the transition for clues to the final ratio that works) Lots of tricks to this game ;)

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Hey, it's not "alcohol abuse" if I still drink it after soaking the coil

Got a good laugh from this. But I do not drink vodka after a coil has been sitting in it for 12 hours. I may seem limitless when it comes to alcohol consumption, but I do have limits. As few as they may be.

@Punk In Drublic , yes, make your own unflavored juice (very soon this might be necessary anyway?)
Also, yes... some flavors don't go away (like chai tea!) I would suggest to start with the milder flavors and work up to the stronger ones (doing the unflavored between)
Hey, it's not "alcohol abuse" if I still drink it after soaking the coil :shock:
I have gone straight from one flavor to another with the purpose of seeing how they work together... one gradually combines with the other (follow the transition for clues to the final ratio that works) Lots of tricks to this game ;)

It is so difficult to set a precedence. I do not know how strong a flavour is until I throw it into a tank and vape it. We have to be realistic here and understand such methods may or may not work. Nothing is guaranteed.

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
YES! I have combined as well, some work, some don't. But vodka and maybe a tangerine/nectarine. You my friend, are onto something!

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I do lots of DIY and often find I mix flavors too strong. When I do unflavored between juices it slowly dilutes (and then slowly increases the new flavor) It usually tastes better slightly diluted so I go and dilute my mixes. Sometimes I even dilute pre-made juices because they are too sweet. OK, done sidetracking the OP's thread... carry on.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Long video, and purely subjective cause we have absolutely no way of objectively measuring. But I shadow this users result to a T.

I have boiled in water, used pressurized steam, used vodka and water bath and even diluted vinegar baths. Vodka and water baths came out to the same. Vinegar not so much. Warm water under the tap came out to the same as a pressurized steam and the vodka and water baths.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
Don't use vodka in your juice... even a small amount will thin the juice a lot (much more than water) Besides it doesn't really have much flavor. If you like "booze" flavors (like bourbon) there are good DIY flavor concentrates you can use (just add to your other juices)
I'm not gonna use booze in my vape juice, i was kidding. I wish i had the time to get into DIY. I've read that it doesn't take much time but i work in construction and dammit, i am always too tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread