26g kanthol
29g kanthol
30g kanthol

Cotton bacon
... cotton
Rayon

Battery's are authentic Sony VCT4's

What's a good build to start with using the gear I have available

Yes I am using mech mods and don't have the money available to go out buying box mods looking for the best achievable with what I have

Thanks for any help guys!

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I'm sure there will be many opinions to follow, but here's mine.
I have no experience with the Aqua so I can't comment on it, but in my experience a well build RDA will usually out perform a tank.

Put a dual coil 26 guage, 6 wraps @ 2mm internal diameter, should come out to about 0.33 ohms. Put that in your Plume Veil. Any of those wicking materials will be fine. Bear in my mind that wicking is vital and can only really be perfected through practice and trial and error.

The Plume Veil is my personal favorite RDA, but a "cloud chaser" it isn't in my opinion.To get bigger clouds than that I would suggest an RDA with more airflow like the Mutation X V3/4 authentic or a good quality Kennedy clone. I would also get some lower guage wire, 24 or even 22.
The Sony is an excellent cell with a 30 amp limit, so that's good to go.

Mikedin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
western new york
Yeah I am trying to work with what I have also the Aqua is a multi atty it functions as a tank or a dripper depending on the cap (I use it as a rda I love it it's super airy) but would more surface area on the coil produce more vapor even if it's a higher ohm coil?

Sorry these are the questions I have

I have no problem building my own coils I have an ohm meter but am looking for people with more experience than myself to start this goal

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Kanthal is great for gennys and tootle puffers. But it has a long ramp up time in a RDA with dual coils on a mech. I used 28G the 1st time I tried a dripper (plume veil actually). It worked, but took 2 or 3 seconds to start vaping and I could only get maybe 20 puffs off a full charge on my VTC4's. Then it stayed hot for way too long after I let go of the button. I would get some nichrome 80. It's not very expensive and it's a lot lower resistance. With those 2mm dual coils, you MUST do AT LEAST 7 wraps to stay above the battery's limits. I would cram 8 wraps or even in there. But it is almost instant fire. And the more wraps you use, the more surface area, the bigger the clouds, etc.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
if i ran dual coils with 29 guage i could do 9 wraps x 2 @ 25.2w how would that work?
If you're using a mech, i suggest sticking to the lower gauge wire. You'll get the added surface area and still be able to keep the resistance you want.

Really, i would pick up some 24g if you're really wanting to get into cloud chasing. It's a great forgiving wire gauge to work with, and great for a beginner cloud chaser if you're wanting to keep your builds in the .2-.3 range.

Also, nichrome will heat up a bit faster than kanthal. If you're really looking for performance get some of it, but be mindful that nichrome has a lower resistance/ft than kanthal.

LVixen

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2015

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
28g .3 ohm dual coil.

20150727_174014.jpg

20150720_180249.jpg