First Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphex13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Wiesbaden, Germany
Ok, so I recently paid way too much for a VV box mod with an LED display, and after lurking around here for a while, decided to build my own. I found the plastic box I will use on eBay. It's a white box. I wrote the seller and asked if an LED would shine through the plastic. He said it would. I got the rest of my parts so far from madvapes (VV kit, 510 connector, red voltmeter). I've been looking at a few of the mini voltmeter modules online, and managed to find one that displays in white. I think I'm going to mount it inside of the box, and not cut a window. We'll see how bright it will shine through once I get it. I might put a few blue LEDs inside it as well. We'll see how well light will shine through. I'm trying to keep the build as clean as I can. I don't really care for the pot that comes in the kit from MV. I was wondering if and of the DIY pros had any suggestions on what to use in place of the 50k pot that will come with my kit. Space isn't really an issue. My box is a little larger than 1x2x4. I can't remember the exact dimensions, but I've got a little room to fool around with.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread