First build on Axial RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I have built several RTAs and one RDA (dual coil "velocity" deck... very easy) I could use some tips on building the Axial with dual coils that mount at the same time (share the same slots) I did a UD Bellus RTA before (two small coils sharing the same mounting) that did not go well (but the Bellus has a very small deck/chamber... finally gave up on that) Plenty of room with the Axial... just need some tips on mounting both coils at the same time. I was thinking of mounting one coil, trimming the leads, then remove it and match the other coils leads (does that make sense?) I have some 24 ga round wire and some fancier wire but for practice (this first time) going to use some pre-made claptons I have (they are actually MTL... 0.8 ohm each) so will be 0.4 ohm dual coils. I have even considered making a sort of "jig" to hold both coils while mounting (maybe I am overthinking this) I am not after a high wattage build but next time might push it and go for lower ohms. All coils will be 3mm ID (it's the only coil winding tool I have... homemade LOL) Otherwise, I can make spaced coils of any size (too easy)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Thanks HSD (can you guess where I got this RDA ;) ) I am determined to use dual coils in this (I will obviously use single coil in the other RDA... actually very excited about that one) Don't laugh, but I've been known to "Oakie engineer" things... cardboard and wooden toothpicks to hold both coils for mounting... if it works, I'll post pics.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Thanks HSD (can you guess where I got this RDA ;) ) I am determined to use dual coils in this (I will obviously use single coil in the other RDA... actually very excited about that one) Don't laugh, but I've been known to "Oakie engineer" things... cardboard and wooden toothpicks to hold both coils for mounting... if it works, I'll post pics.
The pic I sent you was of dual 2.5mm coils, the barrel got quite warm.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @AngeNZ might just be able to help you with this Mate.
    I think she has about 10 Axial's:w00t:

I'm slacking :grr: I've only got 4 Axials.

@vaper1960 I run my Axials with either 2.5mm id or 3mm id single coils. With a 3mm id, legs at 6mm seem to work the best for me.

I don't like a hot vape, so I haven't tried a dual coil build in the Axial. @HigherStateD is your guru in that area.

I'd recommend you do a first build as a single coil. Slap in one of your 3mm id claptons and work on your leg height to give you the best flavour.

When I'm trying a new coil in the Axial, I switch it to full cyclops airflow and pop it on the deck. I then use a Allen key through the airflow slot, so see if it's hitting the bottom third of my coil. If not, I cut off some legs and keep trying until it's right.

Heres some pics of the Axial deck, and builds:

courtesy of @Pigs
    pigni80axial-jpg.905587

and how some of us wick it, thanks to @Skunk! - This is his VAPEROXX mohawks build:

skunksaxial-jpg.905591

My coils are a tad more boring :D
    TigerAxe.jpg

3mm id, 316L 0.5*0.1mm twisted with 34g

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread