RDA Need help with single coil RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Lately I've been playing around making some very cool braided wire. The coils I've been able to use work great. I want to make some different braided wire but they are too big to put in what I have. I'd like to get a single coil RDA to play with. I'm not an RDA or single coil type. I've been looking at a Pharaoh RDA because it has a huge clamp system for mounting the coils and tons of room for huge coils. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Dake Vape

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Lately I've been playing around making some very cool braided wire. The coils I've been able to use work great. I want to make some different braided wire but they are too big to put in what I have. I'd like to get a single coil RDA to play with. I'm not an RDA or single coil type. I've been looking at a Pharaoh RDA because it has a huge clamp system for mounting the coils and tons of room for huge coils. Any help would be appreciated.

If your going for a single coil build deck with enough room for a large coil I would say the Pharaoh is a good option. I have one and don't use it much due to the restrictive air flow. I like wide open air flow and this RDA just doesn't have enough air flow for me IMO. Good luck in your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
If your going for a single coil build deck with enough room for a large coil I would say the Pharaoh is a good option. I have one and don't use it much due to the restrictive air flow. I like wide open air flow and this RDA just doesn't have enough air flow for me IMO. Good luck in your search.

That was one of my concerns. Is it really bad? Maybe I'll just pick up a clone to see how it is.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
That was one of my concerns. Is it really bad? Maybe I'll just pick up a clone to see how it is.

I was watching reviews and talking with people on here and they said it had good air flow so I got it. Well my "good" air flow and theirs wasn't the same. I don't ever use it anymore because of that reason alone. If it was like a regular RDA I would drill out the holes bigger but it's not. I would either pick up a clone or look for another RDA personally speaking. If you like wide open air flow, this may not be the one you want.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I just remembered the Vandy Vape Govad. It has a similar build deck and definitely better airflow.
The Aeronaut v2 is amazing for single coils and might suit you better then either of these. In the other thread I misread and thought you posted the pharaoh RTA. The pharaoh RDA has a bigger deck then the Govad and is a much simpler and less messy experience. The flavor might be a bit better on the Govad but not by much.

As far as the @Wheelin247 posted about the airflow I disagree. The airflow is a bit strange due to it being one sided but it is smooth and I actually have to close off one of the three air holes as it's to airy for me wide open.

Reactions: daviedog

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The Aeronaut v2 is amazing for single coils and might suit you better then either of these. In the other thread I misread and thought you posted the pharaoh RTA. The pharaoh RDA has a bigger deck then the Govad and is a much simpler and less messy experience. The flavor might be a bit better on the Govad but not by much.

As far as the @Wheelin247 posted about the airflow I disagree. The airflow is a bit strange due to it being one sided but it is smooth and I actually have to close off one of the three air holes as it's to airy for me wide open.
You are correct. In the other thread I did put pharaoh RTA but I should have put RDA. Sorry.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA

I will agree that the airflow is smooth. We can agree to disagree about how restricted or not restricted the airflow is. I'm a big fan of big airflow. If you at the airflow on the Mason RDA's, I run the airflow wide open on both the holes on each side. That's a bunch of air coming through so with what I like, the Pharaoh has a restricted airflow...for me at least. To each his own. That's one of the great things about vaping and these forums. Each person has what they like. Now what you like I may not and visa versa. There are enough mods and RDA's/RDTA's and tanks that we all can find what suits us and get recommendations from other vapors as the OP posted for opinions. Just have to find what works for you to keep you off of analogs.

Reactions: Sed8op8

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I will agree that the airflow is smooth. We can agree to disagree about how restricted or not restricted the airflow is. I'm a big fan of big airflow. If you at the airflow on the Mason RDA's, I run the airflow wide open on both the holes on each side. That's a bunch of air coming through so with what I like, the Pharaoh has a restricted airflow...for me at least. To each his own. That's one of the great things about vaping and these forums. Each person has what they like. Now what you like I may not and visa versa. There are enough mods and RDA's/RDTA's and tanks that we all can find what suits us and get recommendations from other vapors as the OP posted for opinions. Just have to find what works for you to keep you off of analogs.

Absolutely good sir and I hope it was not taken the wrong way. I am Not an airflow junkie so my taste is probably much different then some also you said it best what ever keeps you off the analogs

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Absolutely good sir and I hope it was not taken the wrong way. I am Not an airflow junkie so my taste is probably much different then some also you said it best what ever keeps you off the analogs

None taken at all my friend, none taken. There is not a wrong/right in vaping. It's all personal opinions and what works best for the person vaping.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
If you vape at 150 watts or higher, it's hard to find drippers with enough A/F to temper the heat produced.
Me? About 40 watts, both my Pharoh & Crius were way too "Airy".
As an aside, i thought the build quality on the Pharoh was lacking..
My Crius Plus and my Engine are my 2 favorite tanks. I picked up a pharaoh rda clone to play with because of the clamping system. I also have a Pharaoh RTA with all the optional decks coming. I'll see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread