Not open for further replies.

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
For the juice there are too many variables.

Multiple flavorings
Nicotine base
dilution with PG and VG

Plus the good companies mix each bottle as it's ordered so something as simple as a half a drop extra or less of a certain flavor component can have an effect.

You would probably get more consistency with Chinese liquids as they are made in big batches. Of course you would be trusting to their quality control. =]

Right now most US suppliers are smaller companies without the volume to make mass batches and not have a bunch of it go bad sitting on the shelf.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
One thing if you are vaping a decent amount but still smoking some cigs is to stay with a flavour you like but then get some at higher mg just for craving times.

For example, I smoked pad of full strength marl reds. My normal vape was 24 mg, but at a desk, on a pass through chain vaping, I would drop to a 12 or 15. On the other end, for right after I woke up or after a meal I would bump to 30 for a bit.

If 18 normally works, you might want just a bit of 24 for specific craving points.

For me, I also had some very cig-like tobacco flavors just for those times.

Good luck!

For the juice there are too many variables.

Multiple flavorings
Nicotine base
dilution with PG and VG

Plus the good companies mix each bottle as it's ordered so something as simple as a half a drop extra or less of a certain flavor component can have an effect.

You would probably get more consistency with Chinese liquids as they are made in big batches. Of course you would be trusting to their quality control. =]

Right now most US suppliers are smaller companies without the volume to make mass batches and not have a bunch of it go bad sitting on the shelf.

just ordered some samples from Gourmet Vapor and have a sample order on the way from Vixen Vapors. Still trying to get this right. The 20mg product from Vermilion was too strong & now I have 3 cartomizers that can't really be re-used (or can they?) - maybe I need the Chinese mass product crap :(

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
Also one other thing I have experienced with tobacco based juice is that letting it "steep" will mellow it out and get rid of some of the harshness. This may also apply to some other liquids.

Basically steeping is opening up the bottle and sitting it in a safe spot for a couple of weeks. You may want to search this subject a little more in depth as I don't practice it. =] You can speed steep by placing the juice bottle in a warm water bath. There also seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on weather or not steeping does any real good.l

One thing if you are vaping a decent amount but still smoking some cigs is to stay with a flavour you like but then get some at higher mg just for craving times.

For example, I smoked pad of full strength marl reds. My normal vape was 24 mg, but at a desk, on a pass through chain vaping, I would drop to a 12 or 15. On the other end, for right after I woke up or after a meal I would bump to 30 for a bit.

If 18 normally works, you might want just a bit of 24 for specific craving points.

For me, I also had some very cig-like tobacco flavors just for those times.

Good luck!

thanks for the suggestions. so far I like banana & black licorice (from Mad Vapes in 18mg). I do have on order some sample size bottles of tobacco-type flavors between 12 - 20mg.

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
You can clean out a cartomizer for re-use as long as it hasn't been burnt. There are several methods but it basically boils down to different methods of flushing the old juice out. I use a sonic jewelry cleaner but have pretty much gotten away from the hassle and just chuck them.

Of course you can just add the new flavor and see if you like the resulting taste =] Be careful however I wound up with one that tasted like vomit =[

UrbanZexy

Oct 11, 2010
South Beach
Been reading this thread trying to apply it to my new purchase. If this is answered somewhere else here, please point me in the right direction.

I ordered the Joye 510 Mega manual with 10 extra cartridges. Is there a step by step (perhaps video) guide of what I should do from the moment I open the box to the first vape?

Thx for the help!

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
Did you get pr-filled or empty carts/carto's

Atomizer or Cartomizer setup? It looks like possibly an atty setup. If you are using atomizers I personally can't help much as I have never used one but will try.

Post a link to what you purchased so we can see what you will be dealing with... =]

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
Empty carts with an atomizer setup. Plus, I got 5 extra empty carts. Thx so so much for your help!
Joye 510 Mega Manual
I think the first thing you want to do is to clean your Atty's to get any primer fluid and any other yuck out of them. You can find details all over in the general discussion forum and here on many ways to do this.

Once you have done that prime the atty with some E-liquid. not sure how much. I would start with 4 drops. Next saturate the poly fill of one of the carts. Now stick the cart on the atty and you should be good to go.

Remember this is just my assumptions from reading these forums as I have not personally used anything other than cartomizers.

Also instead of using the carts you can just drip a couple of drops down in the atty and vape directly like that. This is what drip tips are for.

The only other thing I would definitely recommend is reading all of the sticky's at the top of the New Members forum as knowledge is power.

UrbanZexy

Oct 11, 2010
South Beach
OMG OMG my stuff came! Two separate packages both on the same day! And days earlier than I thought!

So it is much longer than I anticipated, wow. A bit disappointed about that frankly, but I know what it makes up for in battery life and juice capacity will be worth it.

I'm charging it now so I won't be able to try it til tomorrow. I fit a ton of drops in there, like 35!?!? Is that normal?

Gonna run off to read how to clean the attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread