Status
Not open for further replies.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
All my DIY supplies arrived today from MFS and TFA, so I mixed my first 3 eliquids. I know eliquid changes with steeping, but I just had to try them. All made with MFS 50/50 100mg/ml Nicotine Base, MFS USP PG and USP VG.

My Wife's Menthol:

50/50 PG/VG @ 18mg/ml Nicotine

TFA Menthol 3%
TFA Koolada 2%
TFA Cotton Candy 3%
TFA Sweetner 2%

I tried it and it's fairly good, but a bit strong. Wife said it was strong and sweet, but she liked it. Maybe back off on the menthol a bit? Maybe 2-2.5%?

My Halo Tribeca Clone:

My combination of various Tribeca clone recipes I've seen, 70/30 PG/VG @ 24mg/ml Nicotine.

TFA RY4 Double 12.5%
TFA Acetyl Pyrazine 2%
TFA Cotton Candy 3%
TFA Graham Cracker 2%
TFA Caramel (Original) 1%

Doesn't taste anything like Tribeca, more like Johnson Creek Original to me. It's also kind of sweet, wouldn't mind backing the sweetness down a bit. Overall a nice tobacco type liquid, think it needs some nut flavor though. Any suggestions?

I'm pleasently suprised these eliquids are good with no steeping and on my first attempt. Now the tweeking begins.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
A closer tribeca clone would be using hangsen T5 or highway.

No.5-HS - Bull City Vapor

Hangsen "No.5" 7%
"AP" 1 - 2%
"Caramel" 1 - 2%

If you need to use sweetener or EM use no more then half a percent. To much will actually mute flavor.

A halo prime 15 clone would be the same recipe minus the caramel.

These recipes as well as the ones your making do need to steep 3 - 4 weeks but by all means do taste them before steeping as that will give you a baseline to compare the steeping progress.

Sounds like your off to a good start though..... Congrats

Last edited:

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
Danny, thanks for the feedback. I will give the Hangsen flavors a try. I'm actually really liking this RY4+AP mix, if I lower the EM would it enhance flavor and maybe drop the sweetness level a bit?

Since it seems pretty good now, I may commit to a big batch so I can put some back to steep while still having some to vape now.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Danny, thanks for the feedback. I will give the Hangsen flavors a try. I'm actually really liking this RY4+AP mix, if I lower the EM would it enhance flavor and maybe drop the sweetness level a bit?

Since it seems pretty good now, I may commit to a big batch so I can put some back to steep while still having some to vape now.

lowering the EM would enhance flavor as you would eliminate the muting effect. As far as sweetening EM is used more to give a thickness and fullness to a mix. It is not a sweetener but it will trick your taste buds into thinking it's enhancing the sweetness of already sweet flavors. If a flavoring is not sweet it will have no effect on sweetness. Think of it this way add a few drops of lemon juice to a cola drink and the cola flavor pops with vibrance and full bodyness and seems sweeter. Even though you know lemon is sour your brain interpets the flavor to be more pronounced and sweeter.

I recommend you not exceed 1% and the norm is half a percent of EM. If it's sweetness your after use a sweetener such as sacarlos. But again go lightly and stay under 1% or you'll run into similure issues as what you will find with EM. As sweetness increases flavor decreases.

http://www.bullcityvapor.com/sweetener-tfa/

Read my blog on using additives. And while your at it browse through the rest of my blogs.You'll find lots of info on DYI that will turn you into a pro in no time:).

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45/5007-sweetening-additives.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread