First eCig Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

switchblade

Jan 23, 2012
Florida
Hey there everyone. I'v done my best to research electronic cigarettes & vaporizers. I am really trying to avoid asking and "stupid newbie" questions.

Unfortunately, there really is alot of misinformation and FUD out there about ecigs. Not only from big tobacco trying to create an aire of uncentranty; but also dirty marketing techniques and reviews that have obviously been bought. So, I hope some input from real users out there can help me out.

First off, about me. When it comes to cigarettes, I exclusively smoke Djarum cloves, usually Blacks or Bali Hai. In addition to cigarettes, I am also an occasional hookah smoker [only 2 to 3 sessions per moth]. So, as I am sure you can infer, I like a flavored smoke. I am not a fan of the flavor of 'traditional' cigs.

I have tried an ecig before, taken a drag or two from friends who have offered. I like it and am now ready to make my own purchase.

So, i'm not looking for some cheap-o ecig to test it out for the first time. I already know I like them. I see alot of generic \ white-label items out there that seem to be crap, and brand names that are obviously just the same items with logos. I'm also not looking for some crazy involved vaporizer for hundreds of dollars.

I read some decent review online of the V2 products [V2 Cigs] . They seem to have some decently priced kits in the $130 price range that include all the necessary components. I did not see any review on the forum here, and I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on them. If you have any suggestions other than those, that would be great too.

Thanks everyone!

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com

Mylt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2011
Virginia
are you specifically looking for that style of E-cig? while they are nice and small, easy to take with you they have there limitations such as battery life. i started with a Mistic kit from walmart, bought it on a whim and enjoy it. its my carry to work kit. for home i just got a KGO kit and so far i like it. now, with the mistic i easily get a day and then some out of the battery(i was at a pack a day analogs) but i dont "vape" as much as most so the battery and carto last me a good while. it seems with the KGO i am using more juice. i have had to refill my carto on that every day if not twice a day but i dont let it get to the point that its completely dry either. the down side to the V2 is $130 seems overpriced to me for something of that style. my KGO was $50 shipped and so far im on day 3 of using it without a recharge, but again, im not taking hits from it all day either. i would suggest that you shop around for a better price.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
OK, you know you like them, that's good.

For less than $130, you could get a nice one like IPro along with the batteries and charger then grab a couple atomizers/cartomizers/tanks. Then all that is needed is some juice.

I suspect you will get lots of suggestions though.

You may want to check out the review sub-forum here and take a gander too.

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I don't know anything about V2 Cigs. My suggestion is to skip the "regular-sized" e-cigs and get an eGo (or clone), buy a few boxes of Boge low resistance cartomizers, a few 10ml bottles of juice in various flavors and go to town. This will immediately give you a great vaping experience to start with while you decide what your next vaping move is going to be. Your total investment for everything I mentioned will be less that 100 bucks and your equipment will be light years better than the "cigarette-sized" equipment you found on V2 Cigs....

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
You could get a Volt from smokelessimage.com with just about the same supplies for about 50% less. It's worth checking out, anyway, very similar.

I smoked Djarums and other cloves exclusively, too. and a word of warning -- in my opinion, none of the 'clove' or 'clove cig' flavors are anywhere close. Nobody gets the sweet taste you get off the first drag. I found what I needed in the sweeter RY4 mixes. Hope this helps.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Don't buy the V2 its a very overpriced, fake reviewed, product of extreme marketing.

If you want a pen style I have seen this one mentioned quite a bit and it looks nice Elite 808.

If you want a solid mechanical feeder the Reo is my mod of choice, you can find them at reosmods.com

There is also a million variations of the Ego style which is a happy medium that most users enjoy, when coupled with good cartomizers seem to be the easiest setup.

I don't know anything about V2 Cigs. My suggestion is to skip the "regular-sized" e-cigs and get an eGo (or clone), buy a few boxes of Boge low resistance cartomizers, a few 10ml bottles of juice in various flavors and go to town. This will immediately give you a great vaping experience to start with while you decide what your next vaping move is going to be. Your total investment for everything I mentioned will be less that 100 bucks and your equipment will be light years better than the "cigarette-sized" equipment you found on V2 Cigs....

VERY sound advice. If you want lots of vapor and flavor, you might not want to go with the "looks like a regular cigarette" option. I started with an eGo and I still use eGo. It's convenient, parts are very easy to find and it strikes a nice balance between mod power and 510 convenience. :)

Last edited:

switchblade

Jan 23, 2012
Florida
Wow. You guys really are a great community. Lots of great suggestions and advice here. I am not married to the idea of a cigarette size device. I also would rather not have one of those giant flashlight sized deals. Something in the cigar size is fine with me. The Elite 808, the iPro and other suggestions are defiantly looking good, and I will continue to research.

I'v only vaped from an automatic battery. Is the experience much different or better than these manual ones?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I'v only vaped from an automatic battery. Is the experience much different or better than these manual ones?

Manual=No "primer" puff, greater time till cut-off (usually, but then not all manuals have a cut-off), sealed atty connector always, can preheat the unit while bringing it up to vape, no tiny switch to gum up like air flow based autos, no firing while in pocket like sound based autos.

Never liked any auto I tried, so I cannot say what the advantages are.

JAY73

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
CLEBURNE TX
IF YOU WANT TO SPEND $130 THEN GO TO MADVAPES PICK UP AN EPOWER, GOT MINE FOR $40, A 5 PACK OF BOGE CARTOS FOR UNDER $10 OR MY NEW FAVE THE 5ml TANK FOR $11.99. SO FOR UNDER $70 U GET THE HARDWARE THE REST YOU CAN LOAD UP ON A TON OF DIFFERANT JUICES AND STANDARD MAIL IS $2.99. I GET MINE IN 3 TO 4 DAYS . JUST MY 2 BITS...

Mylt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2011
Virginia
Wow. You guys really are a great community. Lots of great suggestions and advice here. I am not married to the idea of a cigarette size device. I also would rather not have one of those giant flashlight sized deals. Something in the cigar size is fine with me. The Elite 808, the iPro and other suggestions are defiantly looking good, and I will continue to research.

the KGO and EGO series of batteries are about the size of a cigar. they are probably one of the most used models out there above the cig sized units and below the VV/box mods. its really personal preference though. i didnt think i was going to like the manual battery but its growing on me. also, the draw is easier through the KGO than the auto batteries i have. i plan on building a 3.7v box as well as a VV box mod in the near future just to see which i like more.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
V2 was my first e-cig. they misrepresented the product, they didn't honor their warranty, and they overcharged by 100%. They are carpetbagers. Don't throw your money away. Do you want to skip the noob learning curve, save a bunch of $ and go straight to what most vets are using? Buy a good VV mod.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
V2 was my first e-cig. they misrepresented the product, they didn't honor their warranty, and they overcharged by 100%. They are carpetbagers. Don't throw your money away. Do you want to skip the noob learning curve, save a bunch of $ and go straight to what most vets are using? Buy a good VV mod.

To second Keys.... BUY A BUZZ PRO... Notcigs It was the best piece of advice anyone gave me. The vapor production with a standard res. 510 Boge is crazy! and the taste is 1000% better than my cig like KR 808. Then I added a tank last week (the M1A1 from the same place) and WOW!!! Sweet clouds of billowing vape....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread