First ECig and Nasty taste. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a wonderful kit (Joye Ego) that I think will be great BUT after maybe 15 hits, it started tasting horrible like I was smoking plastic or aluminum foil. Checked on the forum and was told to blow atty out and add more juice. That didn't work, but what I didn't know is the time I spent with all that juice on my fingers and my hands is all I can think that could have caused a most horrible metalic taste in my mouth and the lasting bitterness on my hands after multiple washing, even with clorox towells. The stuff is toxic, so I wonder if I've given myself an inadvertant overdose of nicotine. I've had the even worse taste from trying to smoke the ecig, since I woke up this morning and it's so bad I can't even taste a real cig. Apparently I'm not going to die, but has anyone heard of this happening from getting the stuff on your hands? I still don't know what to do with the atomizer but it's the only thing I can think of that is causing that horrible taste when trying to vape. I love the throat hit of the Ego and I think it will be the one for me if I can get past this. Now I'm afraid to even touch it, or try it until I can get the metal mouth taste out of my mouth.
Any suggestions?? PLEASE???

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Well, I can tell by the fact that you can type you have not overdosed. (Overdosing on a toxic substance is like electrocution, there is no half way.) The usual warning signs, WAY before overdosing, are headache, stomach ache, hiccups, and/or dizziness.

The metallic taste, is it remaining in your sense of taste even without vaping? Could anything else be causing it? (Make sure you don't have a penny under your tongue or something. Hey, it could happen!)

A dry atty can give a fairly intense metallic taste, but from the steps you outlined, it doesn't seem like a dry atty. I will assume that you blew out the primer before starting and that isn't the problem. (That just makes it longer until it gets seasoned so it works great.)

Clean everything off really well. Get your spare atty out and blow the primer out of it and leave the last atty to drain on a tissue. Put on a fresh cart and see if that works.

Hope you get back on track!

Harrysun

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
US
Exact same thing happened to me and my EGo. It was my first e-cig and my first experience with vaping. I promptly put it together and started vaping. Yuck! I got this awful chemical taste in my mouth and could not get rid of it. I had to smoke a cigarette after that taste. I came here and started reading about needing to clean the atty first. I did that and it didn't really help much ...... but I stuck it out for the rest of the evening and went to bed with that awful taste in my mouth after brushing.

I woke the next morning and sighed at the thought of that taste again. I tried my EGo and it wasn't nearly as strong ..... it kinda tasted like the vanilla coke flavoring I had ordered with the EGo. Kept it up and haven't tasted that nasty taste since. Even with different, new atomizers that came with the EGo.

I honestly still don't know exactly what happened. That was 3 weeks ago or so ..... been analog free for 2 of those 3. :)

Stick with your EGo and you'll love it.

~Harrysun

roadrash

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Hillsboro NH
50 year smoker, going on 7 weeks vaping. every now and then, first thing in the morning or when i have had something to eat or especially after brushing my teeth, I get that always the same nasty taste that was not there minutes before. I keep vaping and it goes away. it may have something to do with the electronic ciggies, not sure. I just keep going until it taste good and smile cause I am not smoking.:vapor::vapor:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Grandma, I've spent a lot of time with 36 mg juice all over my fingers while fighting with cart mods, and never had any problems (except for that time I forgot and rubbed some into my eye... THAT'S something you only do once!).

I'm not sure why the taste is so bad, but if you can describe how you set everything up, and what you did (with as much detail as possible), maybe someone can spot the problem.

Celtic

Jan 15, 2010
Sounds like you ran out of e-juice in the atomizer and burned it out. In other words, if your atomizer goes dry and you keep trying to use the atomizer, you will break the atomizer and it will no longer work. Sounds like you were tasting a dried up atomizer. Always keep your atomizers lubricated with e-juice. If you ever get your atomizer too full of e-juice, "like a flooded car" then blow out the atomizer and start over.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
I purchased a wonderful kit (Joye Ego) that I think will be great BUT after maybe 15 hits, it started tasting horrible like I was smoking plastic or aluminum foil. Checked on the forum and was told to blow atty out and add more juice. That didn't work,

I ran into a similar problem, and it turns out that it does work, but you may have to do it a bit longer. Once you've blown out the atomizer (hopefully with visible results in a paper towel held beneath it as you blew), if you have VG or PG or e-juice, drip a couple of drops of that into the atomizer and let it soak in for a minute or two. Then using an empty cartridge (hopefully you got one with your e-cig), vape without inhaling many times (at least eight or ten times, maybe more, but add another drop or so of VG, PG, or juice). That's the trick right there. For me, a few puffs just didn't do it. :blink:

Unfortunately the only way to find out if it worked is to go ahead and inhale a puff, but hopefully if you puffed and blew at least ten times, that horrible taste should be gone. If not, repeat the above steps until it's clean. Then either attach a cartridge with a flavor you like or drip something you like into it and enjoy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread