First Ejuice Purchase Online and not thrilled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtao

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Over There
Well, I just got my first juice order in from Mt baker vapor. I only tried the Hawk sauce and the moo juice so far, but I have to say I am really disappointed. The hawk sauce tasted like grape medicine and the moo juice has little flavor and is harsh and it makes my tongue numb.

I am not even sure if it is safe to keep vaping a juice that makes my tongue numb? I purchased from them because their company was reputable and at my price range. Now I am regretting that purchase.

Has anyone here had a similar experience?
Before buying any juice I google it to find reviews. Plus I look in our juice forum to see what people think. The only problem I've ever had is just not liking a flavor .that others did like.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Before buying any juice I google it to find reviews. Plus I look in our juice forum to see what people think. The only problem I've ever had is just not liking a flavor .that others did like.

I prefer forums like ECF for honest and objective juice reviews. Reviews on the actual sites tend to be positively influenced. It doesn't matter what site you go to, all the juices have 4.5 or 5 stars. I think users tend to rate only when they have something good to say so there is a positive bias to reviews on vendor sites.

There is a culture of supporting and protecting vendors because of the nature of the industry being smaller and home based in some cases. The relationships between vendors and customers is strong so most people don't want to ruin a vendors business with negative reviews even if they don't like the product.

One such exception is on the Heathers Heavenly Vapes site where there seems to be a fairly objective review on the juices with some blunt and brutal reviews in some cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
I started with MBV, and now I DIY. But before doing DIY I bought some juice from Vape Wild. Prices are very similar to MBV (cheap) but I found them to be better than MBV.
I still buy hardware from MBV. The particular tank and coils I use are much cheaper at MBV than any other vendor that I have found.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I bought some juice from Vape Wild.
As I shop a lot online, I’ve dealt with customer service more times that I care to remember. I’ve had some most pleasant experiences with customer service and some were just okay at best. Though Vape Wilds was so poor, I wouldn’t purchase from them if their products were the last around!.. True story:glare:

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Well, I just got my first ejuice order in from Mt baker vapor. I only tried the Hawk sauce and the moo juice so far, but I have to say I am really disappointed. The hawk sauce tasted like grape medicine and the moo juice has little flavor and is harsh and it makes my tongue numb.

I am not even sure if it is safe to keep vaping a juice that makes my tongue numb? I purchased from them because their company was reputable and at my price range. Now I am regretting that purchase.

Has anyone here had similar experience?

I love Hawk Sauce. To me, it's a deep, tart berry flavor with that touch of mint. sorry you had such a bad experience. May I suggest you try Ahlusion? their flavors are the best across the spectrum (in my opinion, of course).

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I love Hawk Sauce. To me, it's a deep, tart berry flavor with that touch of mint. sorry you had such a bad experience. May I suggest you try Ahlusion? their flavors are the best across the spectrum (in my opinion, of course).

Man I love ahlusion. The only way I ever got my hands on ahlusion juices was through friends.

I wish they would start shipping internationally. They have been around for several years now and are a large stable vendor. It's surprising they still limit themselves to only the US domestic market. Wlad is a very cautious vendor with regard to international import laws and domestic vape regulation laws.

As soon as the FDA introduced its deeming laws he immediately disposed with with all his Naturally Extracted Tobacco products and made synthetic equivalents to them.

The blue grass burley was one of my all time favorite vapes. The godfather is very good.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
When I did purchase liquid my favorite juice vendor was Mountain Oak Vapors, by a long shot.

Mountain Oak Vapors Premium Tennessee E-Liquid

I liked their flavors so much, I was going broke :)

Another great vendor who stopped shipping internationally around the time the deeming regs were announced.

Pendragon, Sunday morning and their Tobacco line were fantastic.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
My favorite e-liquid makers:
1. Adore eLiquid - Favorite flavors: Banana Bondage, Custard De Leche
2. glas - Favorite Flavor: Strawberry Gummy
3. Kilo - Favorite Flavor: Dewberry Fruit

Something I plan to try soon is the option to buy Adore liquids in a pre-mix concentrate for the flavor, just add PG/VG and nicotine if desired.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
My favorite e-liquid makers:
1. Adore eLiquid - Favorite flavors: Banana Bondage, Custard De Leche
2. glas - Favorite Flavor: Strawberry Gummy
3. Kilo - Favorite Flavor: Dewberry Fruit

Something I plan to try soon is the option to buy Adore liquids in a pre-mix concentrate for the flavor, just add PG/VG and nicotine if desired.

I got my first ever order from Adore a few weeks ago on the advice from DJS lab Daniel. It was a big co-op order for a couple of my friends here in Australia.

So far I've only tried hazy custard and banana bondage. Banana bondage reminds me of Bobbas Bounty !

Dawn from Adore is amazing. Her customer service and eagerness to correct any customer issues is almost too good!

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Well, I just got my first ejuice order in from Mt baker vapor. I only tried the Hawk sauce and the moo juice so far, but I have to say I am really disappointed. The hawk sauce tasted like grape medicine and the moo juice has little flavor and is harsh and it makes my tongue numb.

Has anyone here had similar experience?
How long did you steep them? Caps on - caps off? You read the note on the invoice explaining that each order is mixed fresh and will need to be steeped right? It's been a few years since I bought anything besides tanks and coils from their retail site.
My DIY sits in my covered steep box for about a month. Right now the oldest I''m using (out of the 4 in use) is 4/27 and the freshest is 5/12.

How to Steep E-Juice: A Step-By-Step Guide - Mt Baker Vapor

Give them time and they'll get better. Or you might just not like them. YMMV
Hawk Sauce is the most popular flavor of a giant juice company.
I only have 8oz of HS flavoring left out of the quart I bought from MBV Wholesale. This time. I always have some made in my rotation.
Moo Juice will get much better with time. That's if you like it. You might not.

I saw a few people mention other economical juice companies. Try them too.
Everybody's flavor palette is different.

MBV simple flavors are the same as Flavor West. I've tried over a hundred between them (probably closer to 150) and keep about 15 in stock.
maybe 10 out of the hundred+ were unvapeable (to me) as stand alone - Jackfruit, Starfruit, Cranberry, Sweet Tart, Toasted Marshmallow...
Some are extraordinary - Butterscotch, Peanut Butter, Graham Cracker, Pralines & Cream, Hawk Sauce, Blue Moo, Banana Cream Pie
Most are somewhere in between or make good mixers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread