First Genny

Status
Not open for further replies.

300fury

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
Rochester mn usa
Just bought an Rsst , came in the mail today. I have been vaping for 2 plus years. When I started the aga series was big. I had no clue what I was doing. Used carto tanks and started rebuilding on the igo l. I have always wanted to tackle a genesis after rebuilding every kayfun style under the sun..... Soooo I thought I would grab a cheap Genny and have at it. Watched a ton of YouTube vids and felt confident that I could do it. It literally took me 10 minutes to set up and I am loving the flavor. For the purists out there it is a mesh build. My only other experience with mesh was making the straws for my taifun gs. I know it's a super easy one to set up , but I am very confident I can set up others as well. What's a good newer genny out there that I can get my hands on?? I am willing to go authentic but I will settle for a good clone. Thoughts??

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
PERSONALLY......

(And it is a PERSONAL decision!)

If I buy a clone that I like I buy a genuine to assist the finances of the inventor.

The only authentic that turned out better then the clone was the Nemesis Mech although I havent been able to find a Caravella and the money to pay for it at the same time........

The Gennies I had needed too much fiddling to be an all day vape so I never made it past the clone. The Ithaka clone I bought was a major PITA so it sits in its little chinese box in the bottom of the vape case.....

The fun is in the hunt though.

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
For newer gennys, you wont find better than a NextGen or his newer baby sibling, the Nextiny(good luck getting one though). Though there are always classics like a Sat 22 (V3 preferably, and I've seen sold for $60), a RSM Rocket R has a very nice reduced chamber for some real nice flavor. Then you have fan favorites of today, Origen Genesis V2 MKII in a 4 or 6 ML configurations. Oh and I forgot also most In'Ax's are great!

Reactions: demonatas

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Thanks guys. I have seen all the debates about mesh for vg . Some say 500 others are like you at 200. I will trust you guys , all the info I could get was old

I've been using 200 for several years. I also tried the 325, 400 & 500 but found the 200 consistently wicks much better.

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
I like my Kraken clone a lot, No Idea who made it but it is made well IMHO.

Here's mine on a Cloupor Mini+ TC, 1.0ohm single coil, SS430, Cotton wick in TI TC mode.

Works great.

12189468_546095562211480_862830515784527622_o.jpg

Eric

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Just bought an Rsst , came in the mail today. I have been vaping for 2 plus years. When I started the aga series was big. I had no clue what I was doing. Used carto tanks and started rebuilding on the igo l. I have always wanted to tackle a genesis after rebuilding every kayfun style under the sun..... Soooo I thought I would grab a cheap Genny and have at it. Watched a ton of YouTube vids and felt confident that I could do it. It literally took me 10 minutes to set up and I am loving the flavor. For the purists out there it is a mesh build. My only other experience with mesh was making the straws for my taifun gs. I know it's a super easy one to set up , but I am very confident I can set up others as well. What's a good newer genny out there that I can get my hands on?? I am willing to go authentic but I will settle for a good clone. Thoughts??

Welcome to the wonderful world of gennies :D

When I started vaping almost 3 years ago I went through an array of hardware trying to find something that satisfied me as an ex heavy smoker. In about 3 weeks I had a mech and genny. Back then the genny was the thing to have, and building it sub-ohm was the way to go. It did not take me long at all to learn how.

I started with an AGA-T2, and found it to be a most cantankerous device. I shortly afterwards got an RSST, and was finally happy. I used RSST's for almost 2 years, and have nothing bad to say about them. I still have 4 of them. I am one of the purists you mention, and to me it's not a genny at all if it's not built with mesh. Learning to roll a good mesh wick is the key to getting the best out of your genny, and there are some people who will just never be able to do that. I don't know why, they just can't.

I'm so glad to hear you have having a good experience with your genny, and there are some very good ones out there you may wish to try. I can't really recommend the newer ones, I've only tried the Origenny, which I found to be a leaky mess and stopped using. Please do appreciate that gennies are rather old school territory. In my own experience the old school gennies are the best, and what I've settled on out of the 14 gennies I have is the DID. I have two of them now and use them on Poldiacs. I will likely order a third. The DID is the grandaddy of gennies, and to my mind it's not yet been improved on, no matter how many companies try to re-invent the wheel. Gennies are basic and simple atomizers that require skill to build right, and once you have that down nothing beats a well set up genny in my opinion.

I uploaded this clip of the great PBusardo on the Genesis Epiphany. Have a look:

Reactions: John Eldredge

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I have two authentic Krakens. I don't much use them anymore. I use DID's on Poldiacs, and after nearly three years with gennies I find nothing beats the DID.

Not saying the Kraken is best ever, as that's highly subjective anyway. Just saying you can't go wrong with one. Basic gennie that does what it's supposed to in a very good way. While I haven't tried a DID (yet), a 3.5mm wick hole is usually a bit to big for my liking.

Been wanting to get a new gennie for a while, but I have yet to see anything that really tickles my fancy.

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Nextgen is a way to go. Or Nextiny, but the problem is getting the authentics. I got my self a clone from Fasttech and it's been my daily vape all the time. The problem you might run into is the one that bothers me. Low temps. I'm from Edmonton, Canada and winters here are nothing like the ones i've grown up in Europe, and on so cold weather every atomizer haves problems with wicking, gennies are experiencing that more than standard atty's.
But that's why i always try to keep my vape gear close to my body so it absorbs some of my body heat, and it's working pretty much fine. Sometimes i get dry hit, but i just give it a couple empty pulls to bring the juice to the wick again, and after couple puffs atty gets warm enough to start wicking properly.
Last couple days i'm testing a Reo grande with RM4 (Atomic clone) RDA and mesh setup, and i'm not overly impressed with it's winter performance. Main problem for me is getting the juice up from the bottle into the RDA. It takes forever to squonk properly, and since the juice in the bottle doesnt get any heat like the one in the tank does, the longer i have the mod in my hand, more effort it takes to get that juice up...

Reactions: Annie56

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Of course they do. I think i would have to figure out the way to keep my juice thin on -30 Celsius, but i don't know how. If i go with too much PG, like everything over 30% starts to bother me, and if i go with 50% after couple puffs i sound like i have Astma and TBC at the same time, so that's not working for me. If, on the other hand i ad more than 10% of water in my mixes, i end up with firecrackers in my atty, it's just too much on crackling and popping, and flavour goes down dramatically. So im basically stuck, and not sure what to do and how to prepare my self for winter vaping....
For tomorrow, im carrying a Subtank with mesh coil in it, Taifun GT with cotton, Reo and nextegn with mesh, and i'll see which one is best for cold weather. I'm guessing Taifun is going to win, made that cotton really really fluffy and tiny, so he shouldnt make any problems except for when i go back in the warm cab, i'll have to remember to flip it upside down to prevent leaking due to liquid expansion from heat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread