Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hey guys.... use to be a big genny guy and have great memories of those days. I vaped gennys for a few years, then dabbled with reo's, then when the first kayfuns came out, I slowly switched and haven't messed with gennys in like 4 years...I'm definitely out of the loop and am looking to purchase a good genny , I don't think I'm looking to replace my rebuildable rtas, but would like to mess with at least one genny....I had a couple DID'S, AC-9, aga-t, and I think the last one I bout was an rsst....I traded my DID'S years ago and my AC-9 is not working because of some missing parts that I lost. As for my other 2 cheaper gennys, they just kind of worn out and not working properly because of too much tinkering with airflow and such...anyways I've tried to Google some hi end or good recent gennys, but just can't seem to find any available. So just wondering if anyone knows of a good, available genny? Kind of looking for someone that can handle 20 ish watts with a warm to hot vape and small. I actually prefer short 2ml tanks at 22mm and mesh only....thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Letitia

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Can't help you with current high end as I've tried many from cheap to high end and always go back to my DL modified (vertical air hole 1.25mm x 6mm) RSST's running dual coils on a single wick at .7 ohms, roughly a 20 watt vape
It's funny that both the old rsst and aga t, are still available. ...maybe something to think about

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Origin Genesis v2 from FT. Is a good one IMO..... can do single or dual coil. And use mesh silica or even cotton wicks... is size of 2 ml 22mm atty but holds almost 4ml. Is shorter than KFL nano with a flat top cap..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yes that's one I have been looking at. It's even available in authentic from vaping art....so what resistance and wattage do you run? Fairly warm vape? Thanks

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Mesh/single/mtl

If you're wanting new and authentic, I think I saw a new Nectar released a shirt time ago... or maybe it was a BF...

Honestly, my favorites, in the categories you've mentioned, are the Nectar and the BF99. I also have a Z-Atty clone I am quite fond of. And a DID.

I find the RSST a little too open to get a flavorful vape off of (the interior of the cap, not the air). Now, if you could source one if those chamber reducers for the RSST, but, alas, I think those are no longer.

I find the Steam Engine a little too restricted, but I do not like modding atties, so this might not be an issue for you. It is quite sturdy with the tank shield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
I use an Origen and Nextiny on a daily basis - In'ax are good too but hard to come by - I've used an In'ax Carto in a Billet Box...

I just won a Trajan by Tiberian - haven't played with it yet, but looks a bit like an Origen meets a Nextiny

I use all of these a well below 20watts, but I like things quite cool. If you wanted to up the watts, maybe look at Le Zephyr by Vaponaut

• Useful

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I use an Origen and Nextiny on a daily basis - In'ax are good too but hard to come by - I've used an In'ax Carto in a Billet Box...

I just won a Trajan by Tiberian - haven't played with it yet, but looks a bit like an Origen meets a Nextiny

I use all of these a well below 20watts, but I like things quite cool. If you wanted to up the watts, maybe look at Le Zephyr by Vaponaut
Thanks

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If you're wanting new and authentic, I think I saw a new Nectar released a shirt time ago... or maybe it was a BF...

Honestly, my favorites, in the categories you've mentioned, are the Nectar and the BF99. I also have a Z-Atty clone I am quite fond of. And a DID.

I find the RSST a little too open to get a flavorful vape off of (the interior of the cap, not the air). Now, if you could source one if those chamber reducers for the RSST, but, alas, I think those are no longer.

I find the Steam Engine a little too restricted, but I do not like modding atties, so this might not be an issue for you. It is quite sturdy with the tank shield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Appreciate the info

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Le Zephyr RDTA isnt a bad choice either
a80e9348cdc3833448755023a9ae43f7.jpg
395475cc1aed6ebb4f7833291985961a.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Useful

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Le Zephyr RDTA isnt a bad choice either
a80e9348cdc3833448755023a9ae43f7.jpg
395475cc1aed6ebb4f7833291985961a.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Might have got lucky, been looking in modtrader the last few days and found a le zephyr and a nextera!! 50 for the zephyr, 100 for the vape ware mods nextera....might just buy both

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Hey Vapedivr,
yeah I remember when you were tinkering with gennys and ceramic wicks....well the AC-9 and the AGA-t were total crap gennys by todays standards....gennys have come a long way since those days. If I want the best flavor I use my Pulse-G which is no longer made, or my BMG-22 which is impossible to find anymore....for a really good genny I'd go to the Nextera from vapeware mods it is a squonkable genny with the wick in the center of the deck like the old aga-t3, and it has the option of big airflow for a genny...one of the big draws of the Nextera, and for that matter the Spider from Luca Creations is they both have tiny tanks which can be filled by squonking, they both also have very reduced chambers which kicks the flavor way up.....I've always found that the shorter a mesh wick is the better it wicks. so those two gennys allow you great wicking without having to fill a tank constantly...the IN'AX have always had a huge following good flavor and easy to build....Benley's recomendation of the Le Zephyr is also good it has a 4 mm wickhole so you can build a big wick wrap it with 26 guage and has an option for big airflow or you can shut it down for a tight draw....all of Vape Ware Mods stuff is pretty good though not my cup of tea......almost all the genny modders have gone out of bussiness you may have to look for clones of some of the stuff.....but really since the days of the DID there's been so much improvement in genny design...I could probally name a couple of dozen gennys better than the AC-9 /RSSTwhich I personally feel is one of the worst gennys ever made, and the aga-t2...

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Hey Vapedivr,
yeah I remember when you were tinkering with gennys and ceramic wicks....well the AC-9 and the AGA-t were total crap gennys by todays standards....gennys have come a long way since those days. If I want the best flavor I use my Pulse-G which is no longer made, or my BMG-22 which is impossible to find anymore....for a really good genny I'd go to the Nextera from vapeware mods it is a squonkable genny with the wick in the center of the deck like the old aga-t3, and it has the option of big airflow for a genny...one of the big draws of the Nextera, and for that matter the Spider from Luca Creations is they both have tiny tanks which can be filled by squonking, they both also have very reduced chambers which kicks the flavor way up.....I've always found that the shorter a mesh wick is the better it wicks. so those two gennys allow you great wicking without having to fill a tank constantly...the IN'AX have always had a huge following good flavor and easy to build....Benley's recomendation of the Le Zephyr is also good it has a 4 mm wickhole so you can build a big wick wrap it with 26 guage and has an option for big airflow or you can shut it down for a tight draw....all of Vape Ware Mods stuff is pretty good though not my cup of tea......almost all the genny modders have gone out of bussiness you may have to look for clones of some of the stuff.....but really since the days of the DID there's been so much improvement in genny design...I could probally name a couple of dozen gennys better than the AC-9 /RSSTwhich I personally feel is one of the worst gennys ever made, and the aga-t2...
Hey buddy! ! Yes , those were cool days and what you said is kind of what I thought about today's gennys. ..I'm excited to get back into it and appreciate those recommendations...I'm found both the next Era and zephyr on modtrader and although I'm leaning towards the nextera, the guy is kind of taking his time responding after his initial reply about it being available. ..I'm actually prefer more mtl then dl and my preferred af size is between 1.6 to 2.2 single hole..I'm kind of got out of squonking, but heard the nextera also has a non squonk pin , which I hope works good. ..2ml capacity is ok with me because I always have multiple tanks around and much prefer the smaller size . My biggest thing is perhaps TH and was hoping both these tanks deliver because of the reduced chamber...if I were to guess, the nextera looks like it could be a warmer vape, which I like..oh and those ceramic wicks were awesome! !! I know they were a pain, but once they were working good, they were indeed my fav. Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread