Status
Not open for further replies.

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
Hope this is the right place to ask, can't find any threads specific to the Kayfuns.

I've got 6 Ithaka clones, 2 authentic Ithakas, gennies and RDA's so I'm not new to building coils, but my first kayfun is kicking my .....

Here's my issue, I've tried several coil styles, standard, micro and so on. My problem is juice doesn't seem to be feeding into the coil chamber. I've poured over the official instructions a few times in case I missed something.

I've tried different wick materials from silica to cotton. I've built and rebuild my cotton setups with different amounts of cotton in case things were getting chocked. No matter what I do, after a few Vapes, my wick goes dry.

I actually have to start unscrewing the top part of the tank until I get air bubbles coming from the juice channel. Of course, to much of that and the juice collector gets full. I'm about ready to toss this dang thing if I can't find what I'm doing wrong!

Sent from my Note II using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

STLBluesNut

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
st peters mo
I use cotton yarn and cut the ends so that about an inch and a half sticks out from each end of the coil. I then place the bottom half of the chimney in place with the wick sticking out. Then I stuff the wicks down into the little wick pockets where the channels come in. Have not had any wick problems with either cotton or silica.

Galaxy Tab 2 on Tapatalk

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
Try http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436118. Most likely your wick ends need to be closer to the juice channels.

Sent from my cotton stuffed microcoiled Android unit.

It seems you may have been right. Everything I've read has said not to block the juice channel, so I've been doing my best to keep the wick away from the chimney and channel. Being somewhat ignorant about how the Kayfun works, I didn't question this. May have been my problem.

I've now dry burned, replaced the wick, seeing that the wick is now on the side of the chimney and I've been vaping happily for several hours.

I knew it was something simple. And I will say that a 1.2ohm micro coil works damn well in this!

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
Glad you got it working. Once set up the KF's are awesome IMO. Next time try it at 1 0hm micro at 1/16". :vapor:

1/16" inch drill bit is what I use, but a few of my juices don't do well at lower ohms. Particularly my vanilla Custard and a couple more that lose flavor. All my Ithakas I run in dead man's land too. Seems stuck there! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread