First Mech Mod/Tank Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
Hello I'm considering getting my first mech mod and I wanted some recommendations, I want to keep it under $100 US, I was looking at the VGOD pro and the more recent Geek Vape Tsunami Mech Kit. If I were to get the VGOD I'd like some tank recommendations that aren't VGOD per say, I'm coming into this from squonking so I haven't used RTAs or RDTAs ever. I don't really want an RDA b/c if i'm carrying batteries around I don't also want to carry juice. Also looking for them to have like the insulation safety features, if the firing button doesn't lock that's fine. I've also heard a few people say the GeekVape Tsunami mech kit is hit or miss with firing sometimes?

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The god is a faux hybrid mech, which until recently I thought of as a pure mech. As such it has some inherent dangers to it. You must use button to rather than flat top batteries and your atty must have a protruding center pin. This is to eliminate dead shorts. Have you considered a cricket 2? It’s a lot safer than most mech mods and has a lot of options.
If you do want to go with a faux hybrid tube mod the VGOD is is wildly expensive for what you get and quite large. Faux hybrid tube mechs are something the clone market does quite well

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
  • Useful

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
The god is a faux hybrid mech, which until recently I thought of as a pure mech. As such it has some inherent dangers to it. You must use button to rather than flat top batteries and your atty must have a protruding center pin. This is to eliminate dead shorts. Have you considered a cricket 2? It’s a lot safer than most mech mods and has a lot of options.
If you do want to go with a faux hybrid tube mod the VGOD is is wildly expensive for what you get and quite large. Faux hybrid tube mechs are something the clone market does quite well

Why must you use button top cells? I have many hybrids and haven’t used a button top in about 5 years. You do not need to use button top batteries, it is all about the pin on the rda.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Why must you use button top cells? I have many hybrids and haven’t used a button top in about 5 years. You do not need to use button top batteries, it is all about the pin on the rda.
Because the flat top can connect to the bottom side of the negative causing a dead short

• Useful

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
i'd suggest this for a starter mech...not a hybrid but it is a tube. great fire button.
$27.31 Authentic Wismec Reuleaux RX Machina Mechanical Mod - stainless steel + resin / 1*18650/1*20700 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
though i'm not a fan of the RDA that's part of the kit. so next one i buy it'll be just the mod.
good luck finding something that suits.
Okay thanks, do you have any recommended RTAs or RDTAs, never had an RDA but I don’t want to carry juice around. Also potentially dumb question but can you use a protruding 510 pin(hybrid rda/rdta/etc) with a non-hybrid top? Or would it all be too tight when you try to screw everything together? I couldn’t really end an answer to this online

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
Okay thanks, do you have any recommended RTAs or RDTAs, never had an RDA but I don’t want to carry juice around. Also potentially dumb question but can you use a protruding 510 pin(hybrid rda/rdta/etc) with a non-hybrid top? Or would it all be too tight when you try to screw everything together? I couldn’t really end an answer to this online
Oh also I’m kind of concerned with non-locking firing buttons. If they aren’t flush with the bottom of the tube does that mean they almost never fire in your pocket or something? I was looking at the coil art mage tricker kit(basically a VGOD with an rda included) and it had a locking mechanism but again it came with an RDA which I’m not really interested in buying currently

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
yes...a 510 connector mech (non-hybrid), like the one in the link i posted, can take an RTA or RDTA just fine but still make sure the positive pin protrudes (though this should be the case no matter what you're screwing it into...that's why there's a separate pin!). most will have a spring loaded 510 with a bit of throw that will adjust to the length of the connector on the tank.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well for one you need to. One of the handinesses of tube mods though is they screw together so there’s a certain amount of adjustability there.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I should have mentioned I'm looking for a tube mech mod, and I've already done homework on hybrid vs spring 510s so that's not what I'm really worried about. I'm more concerned with finding tube mech that I actually like the appearance of, feel free to recommend any clones though.

What resistance do you vape at? If it's to the lower end .25 or below, skip a mech. It'll just run through batteries too fast in an 18650 rig.

Now if you are going mech, I wouldn't advise a hybrid first. I would look into a Nemesis clone has locking button and is just a simple clean looking mod. For tanks I'm loving the VCMT2, easy to build on and has flavor on par with an RDA. I'd also suggest picking up a cheap RDA, for practicing coil building and wicking.

You really want to work with a mech at home until you learn it without distractions. That way you can learn when a battery is getting weak. Then you're not lugging too much or too little stuff with you when out.

• Useful

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
What resistance do you vape at? If it's to the lower end .25 or below, skip a mech. It'll just run through batteries too fast in an 18650 rig.

Now if you are going mech, I wouldn't advise a hybrid first. I would look into a Nemesis clone has locking button and is just a simple clean looking mod. For tanks I'm loving the VCMT2, easy to build on and has flavor on par with an RDA. I'd also suggest picking up a cheap RDA, for practicing coil building and wicking.

You really want to work with a mech at home until you learn it without distractions. That way you can learn when a battery is getting weak. Then you're not lugging too much or too little stuff with you when out.
I build on my Tsunami anywhere from 0.5-0.25, I don't really care to drop lower than that I'm not concerned about coiling, and yeah I'd definitely use it at home first to get a feel for battery drop.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I build on my Tsunami anywhere from 0.5-0.25, I don't really care to drop lower than that I'm not concerned about coiling, and yeah I'd definitely use it at home first to get a feel for battery drop.

images

Wismec Machina, can get with or without RDA. Accepts 2 different battery sizes and larger diameter attys without overhang. The sleeve can also be changed out.

• Useful

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
images

Wismec Machina, can get with or without RDA. Accepts 2 different battery sizes and larger diameter attys without overhang. The sleeve can also be changed out.
Thanks it's definitely looking like my choice so I can get some mech mod only batteries and my own RTA/RDTA and keep it all under $100. i just need to find an RTA or RDTA I like there's so many options lol.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks it's definitely looking like my choice so I can get some mech mod only batteries and my own RTA/RDTA and keep it all under $100. i just need to find an RTA or RDTA I like there's so many options lol.
Re: RDA this is true. Do you want a DL or MTL vape?

• Agree

Abezii

Jan 22, 2017
I'm looking at getting the Wismec Machina ( a non-hybrid mech) and the Bravo RTA, which has protruding 510 pin, making this RTA hybrid mech safe. These two should work together right? I want to verify that protruding pins and mod tops with the springy top (the ones that are not hybrid) would fit together with the battery installed and everything.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm looking at getting the Wismec Machina ( a non-hybrid mech) and the Bravo RTA, which has protruding 510 pin, making this RTA hybrid mech safe. These two should work together right? I want to verify that protruding pins and mod tops with the springy top (the ones that are not hybrid) would fit together with the battery installed and everything.
A 510 connector is a 510 connector so it should work fine

Reactions: Ben85

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama

Looking at the Bravo pics, it should work on anything, including a hybrid if you went that route later on. Now pics on line and how it actually is in the hand are 2 different things, lol but for a regular mech it's good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread